Author Topic: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings  (Read 47568 times)

2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings
« on: June 15, 2023, 01:47:10 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
It’s that time of year again as we will hear all kinds of trades & FA signings..so if u see or hear one, post on here so we can talk about it..thanks
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 01:51:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
The Athletic James Edwards reports Celtics are interested in Detroit Isaiah Stewart..also Massline Brian Robb reports one of Smart, Brogdon, Pritchard or White May be on the move..so take that as a grain of salt
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 02:03:42 PM by Birdman »
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 02:14:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Pacers are expected to be one team in the mix for restricted free agent Grant Williams as well. – via Yahoo! Sports

Sources say the Celtics are exploring ways to bolster the roster, whether it’s a sign-and-trade involving Grant Williams during free agency or something consolidating their plethora of guards. – via nbadraft.theringer.com

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 03:10:07 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
I always love reporting that says "sources say the Celtics are exploring ways to bolster the roster" as if that's not self-evident.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 03:13:05 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Pacers are expected to be one team in the mix for restricted free agent Grant Williams as well. – via Yahoo! Sports

Sources say the Celtics are exploring ways to bolster the roster, whether it’s a sign-and-trade involving Grant Williams during free agency or something consolidating their plethora of guards. – via nbadraft.theringer.com

Celtics: Nesmith, 2023 29th pick

Pacers: Williams (S + T), Prichard, 2023 35th pick
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 03:17:10 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I'd say we should be targeting one of Jackson or Smith, both of whom have shown signs of being solid two-way big men. If not, maybe we bring back our old friend Theis.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 03:28:13 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

No trading Grant for picks this year — picks would have to be in the future, since free agency is after the draft.  Also, it makes a lot more sense to get back someone making more salary than Nesmith in a Grant trade.  They should be able to get back someone who’s in the $7-9 million range, which could also allow them to use almost or all of the MLE depending what they do with the last couple of spaces on the roster.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 04:07:16 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

No trading Grant for picks this year — picks would have to be in the future, since free agency is after the draft.  Also, it makes a lot more sense to get back someone making more salary than Nesmith in a Grant trade.  They should be able to get back someone who’s in the $7-9 million range, which could also allow them to use almost or all of the MLE depending what they do with the last couple of spaces on the roster.

I know what you’re saying, but with this idea the Celtics would essentially be trading up. With the 29th pick, Trayce Jackson-Davis should be available, and pretty much ready to contribute from day one.

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2023, 04:31:28 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I know what you’re saying, but with this idea the Celtics would essentially be trading up. With the 29th pick, Trayce Jackson-Davis should be available, and pretty much ready to contribute from day one.

I don't think you do understand what I'm saying.  If the Celtics sign-and-trade Grant for the 29th pick, it will be for whomever the Pacers happen to have selected, and not necessarily the player the Celtics would have selected.  The NBA voided Bogdanovich's deal with Milwaukee a couple of years ago because it was clearly negotiated prior to free agency, and what you're describing here would be the same thing.  If the C's work out a sign-and-trade involving Grant (and I do think there's a good chance of that), it will not be structured for a 2023 pick.

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2023, 04:42:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't think you do understand what I'm saying.  If the Celtics sign-and-trade Grant for the 29th pick, it will be for whomever the Pacers happen to have selected, and not necessarily the player the Celtics would have selected.  The NBA voided Bogdanovich's deal with Milwaukee a couple of years ago because it was clearly negotiated prior to free agency, and what you're describing here would be the same thing.  If the C's work out a sign-and-trade involving Grant (and I do think there's a good chance of that), it will not be structured for a 2023 pick.

Yeah.  Even if the deal was discussed in principle, I've got to think that the draft night trade would be Prichard plus number 35 for the Pacers pick.  Then, any sign and trade would have to be worked out separately.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2023, 05:12:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would be pretty happy with pursuing Isaiah Stewart. Big aggressive rebounder. Detroit went away from his strengths this season, by both being worse and bigger. He was better last season on the boards, but his massive 3PT shooting jump is very interesting. 205 3PA last season vs 46 the season prior.

Would be happy with Smith or Jackson from Indy. Get some length and athleticism.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2023, 06:22:47 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

Sorry, my mistake, I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2023, 08:28:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I would be pretty happy with pursuing Isaiah Stewart. Big aggressive rebounder. Detroit went away from his strengths this season, by both being worse and bigger. He was better last season on the boards, but his massive 3PT shooting jump is very interesting. 205 3PA last season vs 46 the season prior.

Would be happy with Smith or Jackson from Indy. Get some length and athleticism.

Is Wiseman gettable? Wouldn’t mind him.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 09:17:42 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I think Stewart is available because Wiseman is there.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2023, 09:25:59 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I think Stewart is available because Wiseman is there.

They like Duren too. They just gave Bagley a prove-it contract as well.