Author Topic: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season  (Read 43265 times)

Re: 2022-2023 Boston Bruins Season
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2022, 03:24:12 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
That was an incredible comeback. I tuned in at 2-2, then saw the Pens score 3 goals in less than 3 minutes and turned it off. But I kept checking the score on my phone, and with every Boston goal I was like, wow, maybe they can pull this off. And they somehow did!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2022, 10:49:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bruins with another incredible win, dominating the 3rd period at MSG beating an extremely good Rangers team 5-2.

If you have even a little bit of love for hockey and the Bruins, I suggest watching this team. It's the best I have seen a Bruins team play since maybe the Big Bad Bruins of the 70's. Jump on board the bandwagon now. It's going to be a special season.

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2022, 12:43:56 AM »

• Satch Sanders
A very good win tonight, with great contributions from the third and fourth lines. 10-1!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2022, 06:31:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Charlie McAvoy making his return from injury tonight. It's pretty incredible this Bruins team has been the best team in hockey without one of the best defensemen in the league(and probably a top 25 player).

Go Bs.

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2022, 07:03:27 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Charlie McAvoy making his return from injury tonight. It's pretty incredible this Bruins team has been the best team in hockey without one of the best defensemen in the league(and probably a top 25 player).

Go Bs.

And also, as you know, without Marchand (one of the league's best scorers) and Grzelcyk (one of Boston's best defensemen). Awesome to have McAvoy back ahead of schedule. Let's hope they keep their momentum going tonight!

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2022, 09:39:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
McAvoy with a goal on return. Not the best played game but a good win.

The best team in hockey keeps rolling.

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2022, 11:42:14 AM »

• Satch Sanders
I got to watch the third period—not much happening on offense, and the Bruins committed a lot of penalties throughout the game, but the defense was good, Ullmark was great, and Pastrnak made a really nice play for an empty-netter to seal the game. Awesome to see McAvoy score, and he didn't look rusty.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2022, 12:28:51 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Really like what I am seeing with the Bruins.  They essentially have 2 #1 lines:

Marchand      Bergeron      DeBrusk
   Hall              Krejci           Pastrnak

DeBrusk may be a stretch as a first line guy but 5 of 6 is really good.  DeBrusk has been better, and I like him paired with Marchand and Bergeron, seems to inspire him.  But he is the least of the top 6.

On defense, Lindholm is much better than I realized.  He has been great.  We gave up a lot of picks for him but now have him signed long term.  With McAvoy, that is two top defensemen.  Really love our depth all around.  I don't think this is a fluke.  The team is good.  Our top forwards lack size, probably the only weakness I see.  That is what other teams are going to try and exploit.  But I don't see this as a fatal flaw.

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2022, 02:51:39 PM »

• Satch Sanders
You guys might've seen this, but if not, here you go: From ESPN: Keys to the Bruins Being Near the Top of the NHL Standings

@Vermont Green: Yeah, they essentially have two No. 1 lines, which I'm not sure any other team has. And I, too, didn't realize Lindolm was as good as he is. This team really is loaded.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2022, 06:41:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Old school hockey at the Garden tonight. Already two fights in first 15 minutes

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2022, 09:36:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Complete dominance tonight vs the Blackhawks.

Bruins tie the all-time record most most wins to start a season at home with 11. They are now 16-2.

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2022, 10:08:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Complete dominance tonight vs the Blackhawks.

Bruins tie the all-time record most most wins to start a season at home with 11. They are now 16-2.

96-2 is on the table!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2022, 10:33:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Kevin McHale texted the lead studio announced at NHL Network after the Bruins won saying ".....yeah, but I once played on a team that went 40-1 in the Garden."

Hilarious

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2022, 10:11:16 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Even the 6-1 score doesn't reflect how much better the Bruins were than the Black Hawks.  In particular, it was stunning to see how much production that we got from the top 2 lines:

Bergeron     1 goal, 1 asst
    Marchand    3 assts
    DeBrusk      1 goal

Krejci         1 goal
    Pastrnak     2 goals
    Hall            1 goal

6 goals from the top 2 lines.  And to be honest, the Hall, Pastrnak, Krejci line looks better to me than the Bergeron line.  Hall is finally playing to his full potential (works hard every shift) and Krecjci in my opinion has always been underrated.  Throw Pastrnak in the mix and you have a dominant line.

Then you have McAvoy getting 4 assists.  Wow.  And the fourth line all got 1 assist each (Nick Foligno–Tomas Nosek–A.J. Greer).

The Bruins are shutting up a lot of local sports talk personalities.  Pretty soon those types will be saying they are peaking too early.  I am not sure I believe in the peak too early theory but the Bruins likely won't stay this hot the whole season.  Then the sports talk will be see, we were right, we told you they couldn't keep it up all season.

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2023, 08:14:24 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I apologize in advance for the inevitable jinx...  but can anybody believe how well this team is playing?

After beating the Rangers last night, they've got a 12 point lead on the next best team.  They're 21-1-3 at home, and there have only been 5 games all year where they haven't earned at least a point. 

Relative to their dominance, I haven't heard a ton about the Bs this year.  It's almost like people are taking a "too good to be true" approach.

For those close to Boston, is there any hype?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes