Author Topic: 2022 Draft  (Read 35220 times)

Re: 2022 Draft
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2022, 08:26:04 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Orlando already has F. Wagner, Isaac, Carter Jr and Bamba. Top 3 best prospects are all bigs,
Will be interesting to see what they do.

Take another big and play big like the Cavs.

Cavs have 4 bigs that they rotate. This would be 5 for the Magic. That’s too many. Someone needs to be moved if they draft another big. Only so many minutes to go around.

Wagner isn’t a big.  He’s definitely a wing who happens to be very long.

Wagner is a forward. A combo forward who can play SF or PF like Bird could, or Schrempf, or Rashard Lewis or Turkoglu. Those 6-9 /6-10 guys who have the size and skill to play both forward positions.

None of them are really wings who are more SG / SF like a Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant or a Tracy McGrady.

Guys like Wagner are forwards SF / PF. They can play both forward slots at a high level.

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2022, 08:29:08 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Combine measurements are out and I plan on diving into them deeper tomorrow but one thing that stands out to me is that Drew Timme measured better then I expected.

6’8.25” ( no shoes)
231 lbs
7’2 wingspan

These are in line with what I suspect Theis would measure at. Not great but that length surprised me. Given his college production and that surprising length I’m now wondering if he isn’t an option in the 2nd round.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2022, 09:07:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Combine measurements are out and I plan on diving into them deeper tomorrow but one thing that stands out to me is that Drew Timme measured better then I expected.

6’8.25” ( no shoes)
231 lbs
7’2 wingspan

These are in line with what I suspect Theis would measure at. Not great but that length surprised me. Given his college production and that surprising length I’m now wondering if he isn’t an option in the 2nd round.

Timme wouldn't be a bad pick that late. Depends on who else is left. I'd take Jaylin Williams over Timme. Taller with a better fit in the modern game. A  little John Collins like but a shorter wingspan than Timme.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 11:33:18 PM by liam »

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2022, 09:07:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

6’8.25” ( no shoes)
231 lbs
7’2 wingspan

Did not think he had a wingspan that decent. So he's essentially 6'10" in shoes with a 7'2" wingspan. Makes me wonder if he could be coached into decent defence
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2022, 09:25:33 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

6’8.25” ( no shoes)
231 lbs
7’2 wingspan

Did not think he had a wingspan that decent. So he's essentially 6'10" in shoes with a 7'2" wingspan. Makes me wonder if he could be coached into decent defence

My thoughts exactly. While he never will be an elite defender or a starting caliber big as a late 2nd I would trust his floor over a lot of other 2nd round prospects.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2022, 11:29:32 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

6’8.25” ( no shoes)
231 lbs
7’2 wingspan

I don’t think he’s athletic enough to play defense at the next level.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2022, 01:17:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

6’8.25” ( no shoes)
231 lbs
7’2 wingspan

If he can translate his post play and passing to the next level it's fine to take a 2nd round flyer on him.

I just don't want us to. Doesn't fit our identity really

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2022, 01:44:53 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

6’8.25” ( no shoes)
231 lbs
7’2 wingspan

If he can translate his post play and passing to the next level it's fine to take a 2nd round flyer on him.

lazy comp

kevin love?

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2022, 05:24:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

6’8.25” ( no shoes)
231 lbs
7’2 wingspan

lazy comp

kevin love?
He's not the shooter nor rebounder that Love is. Reminds me of a worse rebounding David Lee

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2022, 10:57:52 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

6’8.25” ( no shoes)
231 lbs
7’2 wingspan

lazy comp

kevin love?
He's not the shooter nor rebounder that Love is. Reminds me of a worse rebounding David Lee

I'm not a big comp guy but if I had to pick one for Timme it would be Tyler Hansbrourgh

identical size with the exception of Timme having a 7'2 WS compared to Hansbrough's 6'11

Very similar per 36 stats (worth noting Hanbrough was 1.5yr older then Timme for his last college season). Hansbrough has a better FT shooter and projected as a better shooter going into the NBA but Timme is a superior passer.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=drew-timme--tyler-hansbrough

Hansbrough was a lottery pick who averaged 9pts 5rb per game in 20mpg for his first 4 season and was out of the league after 6 seasons at age 30.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2022, 03:22:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I'm guessing that this second round pick doesn't see the court but I think I'd grab Peter Kiss with that 53rd pick.
He reminds me of Pat Connaughton.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 03:28:45 PM by liam »

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2022, 03:36:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
There is some talent at the end of the second:

"Wake Forest's Jake LaRavia official measurements from the NBA Combine: 6'8 in shoes, 6'9.5 wingspan, 8'8 standing reach, 227.2 lbs with 9% body fat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_80mZA1e5ic

A little Joe Inglesish...

Also compared to Georges Niang who was the 50th pick.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 04:27:05 PM by liam »

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2022, 03:42:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Prediction: if the Celtics make the pick...if...the player they select doesn't make next year's roster.

You guys are going to go on and on about all these guys, their measurements and all the players they are comparable to and it's going to be all for nothing.

Any 2nd rounders that are going to be on the team, are going to be from previous year's drafts. Begarin and Yam.

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2022, 04:06:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Prediction: if the Celtics make the pick...if...the player they select doesn't make next year's roster.

You guys are going to go on and on about all these guys, their measurements and all the players they are comparable to and it's going to be all for nothing.

Any 2nd rounders that are going to be on the team, are going to be from previous year's drafts. Begarin and Yam.

I totally agree but I like to look at these guys anyway and there is talent at the end of the 2nd round. A role player could be there.

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2022, 04:08:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I think Begarin makes squad next season.  Doubt Yam does.  Yam doesn't seem to have the physicality to plan in Ime's system, IMO.