Author Topic: Kemba Walker out of Knicks Rotation  (Read 8146 times)

Kemba Walker out of Knicks Rotation
« on: November 29, 2021, 04:22:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The offensive numbers are minus 7 points compared to the other PG.

The defense is something like minus 13 points.

What a terrible signing for the Celtics. The last big move that cost Danny his job. Good luck finding a new team Kemba.  His days are numbered in the  NBA.

Re: Kemba Walker out of Knicks Rotation
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 04:34:48 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Wow!! His knees must be shot
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 04:38:45 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
wish we would've just done that

we were rolling w pritchard

since kemba came back and we benched pritchard we've basically sucked

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 04:44:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Pritchard has a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses as Kemba, except he's never reached the heights that Kemba can still reach when his knee is feeling good.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 04:59:59 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Sad to see.

The Cs knew what they were doing when they made the trade for Al.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 05:22:21 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Pritchard has a lot of the same strengths and weaknesses as Kemba, except he's never reached the heights that Kemba can still reach when his knee is feeling good.
Kemba is at his best when running the offense as a PnR ball handler. He can create shots for his teammates out of the PnR. He can create shots for himself as well. In fact, he's scoring 53.5% of his points out of the PnR this season. He's an efficient finisher out of the PnR scoring 0.95 PPP which ranks in the 73.5th percentile.

Pritchard scored 24.1% of his point out of the PnR last season which is a fairly mediocre number for a Point Guard. He was an inefficient finisher out of the PnR scoring 0.75 PPP which ranked in the 27.9th percentile. Can't find the respective numbers from this season, cause he hardly ever plays. In any case, we mostly use him off the ball as a floor spacer. He isn't explosive enough to beat his opponent 1-on-1. He's nothing special as a passer either. Their games aren't that similar. Obviously, they are both undersized guards who cannot switch ball screens on defense. They are below average on-ball defenders as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:30:54 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 05:26:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
The Knicks are making a drastic change at point guard. Head coach Tom Thibodeau announced Monday that Alec Burks will become the starter after a 23-point performance in his first start of the season during Saturday’s win in Atlanta. Bronx product Kemba Walker will be out of the rotation entirely, beginning with Tuesday’s game against the Nets in Brooklyn. “It’s a tough decision to make. But you always have to do what you think is best for the team,” Thibodeau said. “I’ve got great respect for who Kemba is as a person, number one, and all that he’s accomplished in this league…But I do what I think is best for the team.” 3 hours ago – via Peter Botte @ New York Post

“I just don’t like the way we’ve been trending, the inconsistency of our team and we’re gonna try to make a change,” Thibodeau said. “I want to get bigger…I want our defense to be more intact. So basically that was it I got to do something different.”
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:33:29 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 05:59:31 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 06:02:10 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
It's a shame, Kemba seems like a great guy and great teammate, but these small guards, once they break down and lose their speed they don't bring enough offensively to make up for their defensive deficiencies. I think he's done, I don't know how they will be able to move him. They will probably have to buy him out. What a homecoming from hell for Kemba. :(

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 06:02:18 PM »

Kiorrik

https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1465409537788235783

T H E   H E C K

I mean, does he share rotations with some other people?

It's hard to believe THAT big an impact is had by 1 player.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 06:06:53 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
It's a shame, Kemba seems like a great guy and great teammate, but these small guards, once they break down and lose their speed they don't bring enough offensively to make up for their defensive deficiencies. I think he's done, I don't know how they will be able to move him. They will probably have to buy him out. What a homecoming from hell for Kemba. :(

Too bad, he can cry over his millions.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 06:23:02 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
A backcourt of Kemba and Fournier has got to be one of the worst defensive pairings in the league, which makes these statistics not too surprising

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 06:23:27 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

Too bad, he can cry over his millions.

I feel bad for him. I liked Kemba and wanted him to be successful  :-\

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 06:48:19 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Great guy and he was great in his first year here. But his knee is cooked. Stevens made a good move in trading for Horford  and getting rid of that Kemba contract.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 08:16:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I get not starting him, but it seems kind-of odd to make a declaration to the world that he is being removed from the rotation entirely. Even if he sits for a few games, there will be injuries and other guys might have off-nights. To go from 'top 5' on a team to outside of the top 10 overnight seems like a drastic move. At the very least, he could be a very good microwave off the bench...I wish we had a Kemba-type player off of our bench.