Author Topic: Thunder (6-9) at Celtics (8-8) Game #17 11/20/21  (Read 19121 times)

Re: Thunder (6-9) at Celtics (8-8) Game #17 11/20/21
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2021, 10:03:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Does Ime see now that Kanter is a consistent contributor if given consistent minutes ?
But who's minutes do you want him to eat into when both Timelord and Horford are healthy?

Fact is, he needs to be ready when called upon and that is usually only going to be when TL and Al are out hurt or in deep foul trouble early. Other than that, he ain't playing.

« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2021, 10:04:19 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Hauser seems more interested in “getting his” than playing winning basketball. Shooting with 17 seconds on the shot clock could have cost them the game. Not smart.

« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2021, 10:07:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just noticed that my profile upgraded from Josh Richardson to Al Horford thanks to the TPs received today. Much appreciated guys. Feels a lot better to be big Al than JR, even though he is playing just fine right now.
It's due to post numbers not TPs. Your 400th post got you to Al Horford.

« Reply #303 on: November 20, 2021, 10:08:34 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
Does Ime see now that Kanter is a consistent contributor if given consistent minutes ?
But who's minutes do you want him to eat into when both Timelord and Horford are healthy?

Fact is, he needs to be ready when called upon and that is usually only going to be when TL and Al are out hurt or in deep foul trouble early. Other than that, he ain't playing.
I think he has a place in the rotation, because a lot of times we play with Al and TL together. He is a good scoring option in the low post to stop our droughts and he can get some boards too, keep plays alive on offense and ensure our stops on defense
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #304 on: November 20, 2021, 10:08:47 PM »

Offline RJD1974

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 47
Just noticed that my profile upgraded from Josh Richardson to Al Horford thanks to the TPs received today. Much appreciated guys. Feels a lot better to be big Al than JR, even though he is playing just fine right now.

Nick, don't take away their joy.

« Reply #305 on: November 20, 2021, 10:09:28 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
Did not know that. Thanks for the info. But the TPs are appreciated anyway..  :)
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #306 on: November 20, 2021, 10:19:12 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
So Q of the night, does DS still start after Jaylen and Timelord are back?
I'd say no, but it also doesn't matter whether he starts. However he is their #3 scorer and he should be on the court the last 4 minutes of games - which is more important than starting.  You probably sit Rob and play him with Horford at the 5.

« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2021, 10:22:00 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

I think he has a place in the rotation, because a lot of times we play with Al and TL together. He is a good scoring option in the low post to stop our droughts and he can get some boards too, keep plays alive on offense and ensure our stops on defense
In other words, an effective and useful rotation player if the coach would give him consistent minutes.

« Reply #308 on: November 20, 2021, 10:28:17 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Above .500!
Playing good ball, defense strong and offense starting to click. Cutting back on the turnovers making a huge difference. Good to see more consistent focus and effort, keep it up boys!
TPs !!!!!!

« Reply #309 on: November 20, 2021, 10:32:24 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Just noticed that Jabari was a dnp again despite the “blowout”. Is he in Ime’s doghouse? On the other hand he’s gotten the most minutes over all of the third stringers, so maybe this is about giving everyone a chance to play. TPs everyone!

« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2021, 11:45:45 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Just noticed that Jabari was a dnp again despite the “blowout”. Is he in Ime’s doghouse? On the other hand he’s gotten the most minutes over all of the third stringers, so maybe this is about giving everyone a chance to play. TPs everyone!

I think Kanter has been getting his minutes.

« Reply #311 on: November 20, 2021, 11:48:35 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I think Kanter has been getting his minutes.

And deservedly so.

« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2021, 07:28:24 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

In other words, an effective and useful rotation player if the coach would give him consistent minutes.
Kanter also has a pretty darn good block so he can defend sometimes.  Enes is not the kind of guy that needs consistent minutes.  He comes in and does his thing on the boards and put-backs.  I really like him as the "emergency tall dude at the end of the bench"

« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2021, 08:41:02 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Kanter also has a pretty darn good block so he can defend sometimes.  Enes is not the kind of guy that needs consistent minutes.  He comes in and does his thing on the boards and put-backs.  I really like him as the "emergency tall dude at the end of the bench"

Man, Kanter and Favors were both prospects on the Jazz not ten years ago.