Author Topic: Raptors (6-5) at Celtics (4-6) Game #11 11/10/21  (Read 19001 times)

Re: Raptors (6-5) at Celtics (4-6) Game #11 11/10/21
« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2021, 07:51:42 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I want Hauser!

Me too, but he was dressed like Ralph Malph in the Happy Days episode...street clothes underneath.
The moment I posted this, I realized that Nessie was the guy who deserved the garbage minutes, along with Prtichard. This team is very deep.  Guys like Fernando, Juancho and Hauser can't even get into a blowout game.

Ime does need to expand his rotation. We can't be only playing 8 guys every night. I get that he is doing everything he can to get a W, but the rest of the roster is not going to be prepared to step up when needed if he doesn't put any trust in them now.

Pritchard, Nesmith, Kanter, Juancho, and Parker aren't absolutely horrible, break-glass in case of emergency players. They have all had varying levels of success in this league. And, when healthy, none of them would even play a minute under Ime's current rotation.

« Reply #316 on: November 11, 2021, 09:16:00 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I want Hauser!

Me too, but he was dressed like Ralph Malph in the Happy Days episode...street clothes underneath.
The moment I posted this, I realized that Nessie was the guy who deserved the garbage minutes, along with Prtichard. This team is very deep.  Guys like Fernando, Juancho and Hauser can't even get into a blowout game.

Ime does need to expand his rotation. We can't be only playing 8 guys every night. I get that he is doing everything he can to get a W, but the rest of the roster is not going to be prepared to step up when needed if he doesn't put any trust in them now.

Pritchard, Nesmith, Kanter, Juancho, and Parker aren't absolutely horrible, break-glass in case of emergency players. They have all had varying levels of success in this league. And, when healthy, none of them would even play a minute under Ime's current rotation.
Yes, but those guys have one thing in common:  They are sub-par defenders.  I include Nessie who is a superb athlete, but he is often caught out of position because he just tries too hard.

« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2021, 09:36:52 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Couldn’t catch the game last night.  Can someone please fill me in on why I’m supposed to hate Smart today?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 09:57:46 AM by Celtics2021 »

« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2021, 09:59:11 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I love Smart when he's playing within his capabilities. He's a way better point guard than he allows himself to be. Really gets in his own way.

Good all around game tonight for Marcus... except from 3 (0-2).

That's where I don't think he's doing himself any favours.

I want him to take threes. But only if the shot-clock is halfway through the single digits.

You are acting like the guy does not have the Cs record for threes made in a game…..lol

I once beat a future NBA player in a game of 1 on 1.

The message is that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

lol’ at the end of a post means the post was made jokingly.

That’s a relief, I’ve seen you mention this before. Thought you actually believed it.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #319 on: November 11, 2021, 10:35:47 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I didn't see the game, only going on the box score, the the key line up was Schroder, Smart, Richardson, Tatum, and RWilliams.  That unit was +14 in 11.3 minutes.  This was clearly the difference in the game.

Toronto doesn't have any real skilled bigs (other than Siakam) so our 1-big line up was able to take advantage.  Williams in particular played his best (in terms of +/-) with that unit.  Horford was -6 overall in 24 minutes.  He was -3 in 17 min as the second big and -3 in 7 minutes as the only big.  Good night to play Horford a little less I guess. 

For Toronto, they were at their best when Siakam was on the court.  -3 with him on (30 min), -13 with him off (18 min).

« Reply #320 on: November 11, 2021, 10:37:44 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Was at the game yesterday and I can say that the ball moves much better without Jaylen on the court.

It hurts me to say it because I am pro-Jaylen and prefer him to Tatum, that said it's pretty clear that the team plays more cohesive basketball without him there.

It might be time to trade him..

« Reply #321 on: November 11, 2021, 11:22:39 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Was at the game yesterday and I can say that the ball moves much better without Jaylen on the court.

It hurts me to say it because I am pro-Jaylen and prefer him to Tatum, that said it's pretty clear that the team plays more cohesive basketball without him there.

It might be time to trade him..

In last night's case, Tatum was passing and play making like never before. It was a joy to watch.

Brown is still a top defender who can switch onto "any player in the league."

« Reply #322 on: November 11, 2021, 11:26:09 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I want Hauser!

I agree. The rotation needs to be expanded. A couple of minutes here and there. All those guys are chomping at the bit and will bring energy.

« Reply #323 on: November 11, 2021, 10:50:08 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I love Smart when he's playing within his capabilities. He's a way better point guard than he allows himself to be. Really gets in his own way.

Good all around game tonight for Marcus... except from 3 (0-2).

That's where I don't think he's doing himself any favours.

I want him to take threes. But only if the shot-clock is halfway through the single digits.

You are acting like the guy does not have the Cs record for threes made in a game…..lol

I once beat a future NBA player in a game of 1 on 1.

The message is that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

How old was he and how old were you at the time  :police:

I was a sophomore in HS and he was a junior… it was partially I got lucky and partially because he was 6’9” and my straight line speed beat his lateral quickness.

He’s also a multiple 10 day contract guy and not a multiple all star.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07