Author Topic: Kanter criticizes China; Celtics games blacked out?  (Read 15693 times)

Re: Kanter criticizes China; Celtics games blacked out?
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2021, 09:04:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Savage attack on Lebron:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sad-disgusting-enes-kanter-says-174206872.html

What's your take on Enes's tweets?

I’m not at all a Lebron fan but if Enes is gonna call LBJ out, shouldn’t he do the same to all the marquee Nike endorsers as well, his teammate JT included? I have a feeling LBJ is gonna go all out today vs the Celtics.

James hates the Celtics and will do that anyway.

The announcers on national TV as apologists for LeBroid asked the exact same question that you did. They cited Kryie, KD, AD, etc and asked as you just did, why they weren’t called out.

Simple answer, they, unlike LeBroid, did not act as Nike AND China’s puppet/slave by chastising and trying to shame Darryl Morey for his free Hong Kong tweet.

What is Bron Bron for? Freedom? …..Freedom where? Freedom for the oppressed in this country only? Bron Bron is for Bron Bron and his brand.

How about the Uighurs? How about Hong Kong? China slapped Nike and the NBA and recently the Celtics. Nike then slapped Bron Bron who slapped Morey. That’s how it works.

Be a man Bron Bron. Kanter may not be a 100th of the hoop player you are, but he is 10X the man.

Also, classic what-about-ism.

In this instance all the nba players are hypocrites with their Nike contracts. Only difference is lebron got involved and said morey needed to be more educated. That was very stupid and Ill informed so I have no reason with kanter calling him out for that reason (and not Tatum or other players who didn’t say anything).

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2021, 09:22:08 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Savage attack on Lebron:

I’m not at all a Lebron fan but if Enes is gonna call LBJ out, shouldn’t he do the same to all the marquee Nike endorsers as well, his teammate JT included? I have a feeling LBJ is gonna go all out today vs the Celtics.

The announcers on national TV as apologists for LeBroid asked the exact same question that you did. They cited Kryie, KD, AD, etc and asked as you just did, why they weren’t called out.

Simple answer, they, unlike LeBroid, did not act as Nike AND China’s puppet/slave by chastising and trying to shame Darryl Morey for his free Hong Kong tweet.

What is Bron Bron for? Freedom? …..Freedom where? Freedom for the oppressed in this country only? Bron Bron is for Bron Bron and his brand.

How about the Uighurs? How about Hong Kong? China slapped Nike and the NBA and recently the Celtics. Nike then slapped Bron Bron who slapped Morey. That’s how it works.

Be a man Bron Bron. Kanter may not be a 100th of the hoop player you are, but he is 10X the man.

That makes more sense now. Thanks and TP.

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2021, 09:54:40 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP…Right back atcha for a genuine, pertinent question, devoid of judgment…refreshing for this board.

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2021, 10:21:27 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Savage attack on Lebron:

Also, classic what-about-ism.

In this instance all the nba players are hypocrites with their Nike contracts. Only difference is lebron got involved and said morey needed to be more educated. That was very stupid and Ill informed so I have no reason with kanter calling him out for that reason (and not Tatum or other players who didn’t say anything).

TP , cclay for recognizing the pretty obvious distinction that Le Broid called out Morey, and no one else would be as stupid and pretentious to do so. His ego makes him do some pretty stupid things.

Why would anyone question LeBroid…. He’s the self proclaimed king!

Those national Announcers on today’s game made me sick. Both the man and the woman said outright that Kantershould have approached little baby Bron Bron before he made his comments. Le Broid deserves all the shade that comes his way.

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2021, 04:48:22 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
I love how Lebron says I don't hav the energy for him. It's as if Lebron feels he is above Kanter.

Lebron has had his moment to be the best ever. His self serving manner though has change the NBA in a way far different than Michael ever did.

I'm talking in terms his own glorification has surpassed his love of the game. His own finances have past the chance of doing what is truly just.

Owe what a waste. he had the biggest chance in history to make a statement and bring this league forward.

I got way more respect for Kyrie then him.

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2021, 06:07:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I love how Lebron says I don't hav the energy for him. It's as if Lebron feels he is above Kanter.

Lebron has had his moment to be the best ever. His self serving manner though has change the NBA in a way far different than Michael ever did.

I'm talking in terms his own glorification has surpassed his love of the game. His own finances have past the chance of doing what is truly just.

Owe what a waste. he had the biggest chance in history to make a statement and bring this league forward.

The school LeBron built far outshines any good Kyrie has done thus far
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2021, 06:42:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

The school LeBron built far outshines any good Kyrie has done thus far

I agree the ipromise school is more significant than anything kyrie has done. Although they do have some similarities to each other. They both have egos that get in their way some times. Kyrie has actively hurt his team with his issues more than Lebron ever has. Lebron has made some pretty subtle racist commentary and really should have kept his mouth shut on china. That was probably his worse career mistep. They should have stayed teammates forever. They deserve each other.

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2021, 04:23:25 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
#BoycottBeijing2022

Not to get political, but if we want the 21st century to be an American century, we need to isolate the Communist Party of China from the rest of the world. Let’s face it: Nobody except the Communist Party of North Korea likes them, and the only reason we’ve put up with this nonsense so long is the slave-like labor they have provided to corporations (and those days are coming to an end now that China has grown to the point they no longer need to offer that to corporations external to China).

So #BoycottBeijing2022 and #KeepTaiwanFree

With regards to Taiwan, that needs to be the line in the sand because if we let Taiwan fall, it won’t stop there, it won’t stop with South Korea, it won’t stop with Japan, it just won’t stop period. Our allies in Asia/Oceania are counting on the West to protect and defend Taiwan, so we need to do precisely that (or we should not be surprised when we fall like Taiwan if we let that happen). 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 04:39:06 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2021, 07:06:33 PM »

Offline LaBran Jaymes

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
#BoycottBeijing2022

Not to get political, but if we want the 21st century to be an American century, we need to isolate the Communist Party of China from the rest of the world. Let’s face it: Nobody except the Communist Party of North Korea likes them, and the only reason we’ve put up with this nonsense so long is the slave-like labor they have provided to corporations (and those days are coming to an end now that China has grown to the point they no longer need to offer that to corporations external to China).

With regards to Taiwan, that needs to be the line in the sand because if we let Taiwan fall, it won’t stop there, it won’t stop with South Korea, it won’t stop with Japan, it just won’t stop period. Our allies in Asia/Oceania are counting on the West to protect and defend Taiwan, so we need to do precisely that (or we should not be surprised when we fall like Taiwan if we let that happen).

No thanks. I'm gonna enjoy watching the Beijing Winter Olympics.

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2021, 07:12:04 PM »

Kiorrik

#BoycottBeijing2022

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No thank you.

Was signed; LITERALLY everyone else in the whole world.

Such a USA thing to say too. You're such a caricature of yourselves. Take some cues from other countries maybe. Try be a bit less "we're the best". You're not. In fact, there's quite a lot wrong with you right now.

.edit: apologies - don't mean to loop every American in with this attitude. But it's definitely a thing, with your flags and anthems and all.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 07:19:50 PM by Kiorrik »

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2021, 08:18:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
#BoycottBeijing2022

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No thank you.

Such a USA thing to say too. You're such a caricature of yourselves. Take some cues from other countries maybe. Try be a bit less "we're the best". You're not. In fact, there's quite a lot wrong with you right now.

.edit: apologies - don't mean to loop every American in with this attitude. But it's definitely a thing, with your flags and anthems and all.

Just to respond to the part you high-lighted...  haven't much of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries been largely dominated by America?  It doesn't mean America is "the best", but they're certainly a key player on the world stage, with very few counter-balances. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2021, 08:20:11 PM »

Kiorrik

#BoycottBeijing2022

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No thank you.

Just to respond to the part you high-lighted...  haven't much of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries been largely dominated by America?  It doesn't mean America is "the best", but they're certainly a key player on the world stage, with very few counter-balances.

And I'm sure that seems like a positive from the position of being American.

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2021, 08:37:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
#BoycottBeijing2022

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No thank you.

Not necessarily, just like the Time "Person Of The Year" is more about who made the biggest overall impact on the world (at least it used to be) rather than who made the biggest positive impact on the world.

That said...  No need for America shaming.  We're a pretty great country that has done some pretty great things.  We've also done some less noble things, mostly at the hands of politicians rather than regular citizens.  What country hasn't?  On balance, I think it's absolutely legitimate to take pride in the things that make America great.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2021, 08:47:28 PM »

Kiorrik

#BoycottBeijing2022

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No thank you.

Not necessarily, just like the Time "Person Of The Year" is more about who made the biggest overall impact on the world (at least it used to be) rather than who made the biggest positive impact on the world.

That said...  No need for America shaming.  We're a pretty great country that has done some pretty great things.  We've also done some less noble things, mostly at the hands of politicians rather than regular citizens.  What country hasn't?  On balance, I think it's absolutely legitimate to take pride in the things that make America great.

Well, doesn't change my initial statement; "an American Century" sounds pretty terrible right now.

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2021, 09:00:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
#BoycottBeijing2022

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No thank you.

Small thing. American influence and dominance on the world stage didn't really start until WWI, in the 20th century.