Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 564657 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #735 on: November 29, 2021, 01:30:08 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Thibs has said that Kemba is out of the Knicks rotation.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1465378878340358160

Poor Kemba. Such a fall from grace from being an All-Star 2 years ago and scoring 60 in a game to probably playing in China next year.

Guess this is about his defense?

If you are a defensive liability like Kemba you need to be a lights out 3-point shooter in today's NBA. The NBA has passed him by.

« Reply #736 on: November 29, 2021, 02:44:53 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Poor Kemba. Such a fall from grace from being an All-Star 2 years ago and scoring 60 in a game to probably playing in China next year.

If you are a defensive liability like Kemba you need to be a lights out 3-point shooter in today's NBA. The NBA has passed him by.

Turned into the homecoming from hell for Kemba. Such a nice guy too. Basically another IT.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #737 on: November 29, 2021, 03:08:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don’t think that the NBA passed him by so much as injuries diminished his play.  He can’t defend as well, and he can’t get to the hoop the same.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #738 on: November 29, 2021, 03:53:56 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
It is interesting that Al Horford has proven far more useful than Kemba and for a lot less money.  Turned out to be a pretty good deal.  I am surprised.  I was expecting decline from Kemba, maybe not this fast, but I was not expecting Al to be as good as he has been.  People still begrudge that we gave up a draft pick but I think the deal worked out well when you consider we have Al Horford and Josh Richardson for Kemba and a pick.

I am also not too hard on the Celtics for the original Kemba deal.  At the time, I was for it, or at least I felt that I understood it.  He played very well for us for a couple of years and then he just kind of wore out.  Hard to see something like that coming back when we signed the contract.

« Reply #739 on: November 29, 2021, 04:25:05 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Bruno doesn’t play, TimeLord may play twice every 2weeks, Al is better fit at PF..so I would had given him a chance, can’t hurt on a non-guarantee contract
- Bruno doesn't play, partly because there are 3 Centers ahead of him. The two of them are starting-caliber players (to say the least).
- Horford isn't mobile enough to play D on the perimeter anymore. At this stage in his career, I'd use him exclusively at Center. Too bad we lack a starting-caliber traditional PF. Imo, Tatum is at his best when playing at PF, but that's another story. Apparently, Ime prefers to use him at SF.
- Kanter is an elite third-string Center. He also provides a different skill set compared to our other Centers.
- Juancho can provide cover at Center as well. In fact, he played 7% of his minutes at Center last season.
- Timelord is injury prone, I give you that.

All in all, I would argue the Center position is our deepest position. Last thing we need is yet another Center.

Elite 3rd string, kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

Our center position is deep enough but the problem is the PF position.
Elite 3rd stringer = overqualified. He could have easily been a backup.

Imo, the problem is at the SF position. Let me put it this way:
- We replaced Kyrie with Kemba.
- We replaced Kemba with Schroder.
- We replaced Horford with Timelord, plus the 35-year-old version of himself.
- We haven't replaced Hayward yet.

We need a swing, not a Power Forward. Ideally, a Point Forward who'd be happy to play 3rd/4th/5th fiddle to the Jays/whomever. For instance, Kyle Anderson comes to mind.

Generally speaking, we desperately need more passing. Doesn't necessarily have to be from the swing position. I'd be perfectly happy with a Point Center (only Simmons comes to mind) or a low-usage, pass-first PG (Haliburton, but he's a pipe dream).

Udoka talks about ball movement. Both Tatum and Brown are score-first players. We gotta find a player who excels at moving the ball. Our two best passers are Smart and Horford. I consider Smart a reliable PnR ball handler, but his shot selection is an ongoing issue. Horford is 35 years old. Love his game, but he ain't the player he used to be.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 04:54:17 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #740 on: November 29, 2021, 06:53:20 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Rumors starting to swirl Frank vogul may be fighting for his job. Lebron is a apparently a big fan of fidzale who is an assistant with them.

« Reply #741 on: November 29, 2021, 07:26:15 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
The Michael Porter Jr. thing kinda' smells. I don't blame him at all, but it kinda' seems like this is how it went down.

1. Physicals came back at the draft. He had one of the worst medicals ever. Some reports asked whether he'd ever be able to play in the NBA, and many reports did not think he would have a long career. He falls. Denver scoops him up hoping to find a way to help him get healthy.
2. Rehabs for a year. Gets slightly better. His young body is able to play with discomfort and pain. Tells team doctors "No pain" for a couple years. Keeps them in dark.
3. Works for the big contract. Finally gets it. Immediately the "no pain" goes to "enough pain to require surgery."

Seems like MPJ played his cards close to his vest and wasn't completely honest. I'm not blaming him. I might be tempted to do the same thing to get a guaranteed $150 million + dollars. It just seems shady.

« Reply #742 on: November 29, 2021, 07:33:35 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
The Michael Porter Jr. thing kinda' smells. I don't blame him at all, but it kinda' seems like this is how it went down.

1. Physicals came back at the draft. He had one of the worst medicals ever. Some reports asked whether he'd ever be able to play in the NBA, and many reports did not think he would have a long career. He falls. Denver scoops him up hoping to find a way to help him get healthy.
2. Rehabs for a year. Gets slightly better. His young body is able to play with discomfort and pain. Tells team doctors "No pain" for a couple years. Keeps them in dark.
3. Works for the big contract. Finally gets it. Immediately the "no pain" goes to "enough pain to require surgery."

Seems like MPJ played his cards close to his vest and wasn't completely honest. I'm not blaming him. I might be tempted to do the same thing to get a guaranteed $150 million + dollars. It just seems shady.

Smart and cunning man. Times are tough these days. Employers typically like to be the ones ripping employees off...underpaying them, requiring them to work hard etc. Glad it's the employee doing it to the employer. Get the big payday and screw them over later.

Except, don't do this for a franchise I root for which is the Boston Celtics. Ok thx.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #743 on: November 30, 2021, 12:11:48 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Jonas Valanciunas 7 for 7 from the 3. Is that Steph Curry wearing a Valanciunas mask now? Against the Clippers, his favorite team to toy with?

For sure will get submitted to a random drug test tomorrow  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #744 on: November 30, 2021, 08:04:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Jonas Valanciunas 7 for 7 from the 3. Is that Steph Curry wearing a Valanciunas mask now? Against the Clippers, his favorite team to toy with?

For sure will get submitted to a random drug test tomorrow  ;D
Jonas leads the league in 3 point shooting this year.  He has been bombing all season long.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #745 on: November 30, 2021, 07:47:49 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
LeBron in Covid protocol..told everyone he not going play much until playoffs starts..just an excuse
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #746 on: November 30, 2021, 07:53:00 PM »

Kiorrik

LeBron in Covid protocol..told everyone he not going play much until playoffs starts..just an excuse

Somewhere, MJ is laughing.

« Reply #747 on: November 30, 2021, 08:07:19 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

He won't be playing much once the playoffs start either because they'll be on the outside looking in.
Yup

« Reply #748 on: November 30, 2021, 08:08:06 PM »

Kiorrik

He won't be playing much once the playoffs start either because they'll be on the outside looking in.

GOTTEM :'D

« Reply #749 on: November 30, 2021, 08:09:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Good game on TNT, Nets vs Knicks.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.