Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 566573 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #5775 on: May 26, 2022, 04:50:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Pelicans have announced Zion is now 100% and cleared for play.

Only a month after the Pellies season ended but at least he is finally there.....until he gets reinjured before the next season starts.

« Reply #5776 on: May 26, 2022, 04:56:25 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Only a month after the Pellies season ended but at least he is finally there.....until he gets reinjured before the next season starts.

I wonder what the Pels could get if they moved Zion.  Do they really want to sign him to a max extension this summer?

« Reply #5777 on: May 26, 2022, 05:01:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I wonder what the Pels could get if they moved Zion.  Do they really want to sign him to a max extension this summer?
I hear Westbrook is available! 😂

« Reply #5778 on: May 26, 2022, 05:35:18 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

I don’t see why they would try to move him now. His stock is at an all time low. Let him play for a month and if he looks good, test the market then.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5779 on: May 26, 2022, 06:07:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I don’t see why they would try to move him now. His stock is at an all time low. Let him play for a month and if he looks good, test the market then.
It's a risky play because he could get injured again at the drop of a hat.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5780 on: May 26, 2022, 06:43:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

It's a risky play because he could get injured again at the drop of a hat.

I don’t think a team is going to give up much without seeing how he looks on the court first. He’s damaged goods right now.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5781 on: May 26, 2022, 09:01:13 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Zion has immense value.  Not as much as he would have had he stepped on the court at the end of the year but still immense.  They'd get more than the 1st pick in the draft from Orlando, as an example (assuming Zion would go there on course).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5782 on: May 26, 2022, 09:08:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Zion has immense value.  Not as much as he would have had he stepped on the court at the end of the year but still immense.  They'd get more than the 1st pick in the draft from Orlando, as an example (assuming Zion would go there on course).

I have a soft spot for Orlando and would actually love that for them. Super-marketable and his upside is through the roof. He would obviously need to sign an extension to make it worth it for them.

« Reply #5783 on: May 26, 2022, 09:57:34 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Golden State is really tough.  We're in for a dogfight that should be a great series.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5784 on: May 26, 2022, 10:14:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
Golden State is really tough.  We're in for a dogfight that should be a great series.

Dude, we haven't even made the Finals lets not get far ahead of ourselves lol

But yeah looks like Golden State is in cruise control now. Dinwiddie has 17 but Doncic surprisingly only has 6 points.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5785 on: May 26, 2022, 10:18:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

But yeah looks like Golden State is in cruise control now. Dinwiddie has 17 but Doncic surprisingly only has 6 points.
The defensive scheme on Doncic has been super aggressive. Double-teaming on PnR's and basically trapping him back to the halfcourt line. Dallas has nice role players, but Brunson is kinda limited as an initiator and Dinwiddie is super streaky.

I don't think our defence will give up nearly 70 in a half though...

« Reply #5786 on: May 26, 2022, 10:19:16 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Oh we will, we will. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5787 on: May 26, 2022, 10:21:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!

The defensive scheme on Doncic has been super aggressive. Double-teaming on PnR's and basically trapping him back to the halfcourt line. Dallas has nice role players, but Brunson is kinda limited as an initiator and Dinwiddie is super streaky.

Assuming the C's advance, I think something to watch out for is that Golden State's shooting is much better than Miami's and Milwaukee's outside their star players. Curry doesn't even have to go off every game, they got Klay/Poole/Wiggins who are capable too. Now I agree we won't give up 70 to them in a half but we'll have to really tighten up and can't afford to play sloppy for large stretches. Golden State is battle tested and has obviously "been there, done that".

But we can diagnose the matchups more once the C's officially take care of business  :)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5788 on: May 26, 2022, 10:28:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Assuming the C's advance, I think something to watch out for is that Golden State's shooting is much better than Miami's and Milwaukee's outside their star players. Curry doesn't even have to go off every game, they got Klay/Poole/Wiggins who are capable too. Now I agree we won't give up 70 to them in a half but we'll have to really tighten up and can't afford to play sloppy for large stretches. Golden State is battle tested and has obviously "been there, done that".

But we can diagnose the matchups more once the C's officially take care of business  :)
Miami was a better shooting team than Golden State throughout the season, and both Brooklyn and Milwaukee were within 0.3% of them. I don't really get your point when you say " outside their star players" - Milwaukee and Miami both have stars who rely entirely on inside the arc offence and we still have handled their shooting fairly well.

They will also go from having a huge advantage on the interior to a massive disadvantage. Timelord helping off of Looney will stop everything at the rim. I'm confident.

We'll handle Miami tomorrow too :P

« Reply #5789 on: May 26, 2022, 10:31:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Shameful performance from Luka tonight.