Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 566008 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #5745 on: May 24, 2022, 11:27:38 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
WOW! Now just an 8 point Dallas lead. Also Luka and Brunson had to check back in despite leading by 29 late in the 3rd. Tough for Dallas either way
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5746 on: May 24, 2022, 11:39:53 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Quote from: SparzWizard link= topic=105393.msg3047450#msg3047450 date=1653424398
Mavs could be the first team in NBA history to come back up from 3-0 and win 4-3!  ;D

I'm thinking a gentleman's sweep myself.

Halfway there.  ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5747 on: May 24, 2022, 11:45:24 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
It’s really too bad that the Mavs lost game 3. Would have at least made things interesting if it was 2-2.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5748 on: May 24, 2022, 11:49:57 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Mavs could be the first team in NBA history to come back up from 3-0 and win 4-3!  ;D

Didn't the Warriors already make history by losing a 3-1 series vs. LeBron? (Is it the first team to lose the finals after going up 3-1? It's some kind of first I remember)

« Reply #5749 on: May 24, 2022, 11:52:36 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
If Dallas could somehow win Game 5 and get the game back to Texas this could be interesting
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #5750 on: May 25, 2022, 12:18:48 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
With the selection of Antetokounmpo (27 years old), Dončić (23), Jokić (27), Booker (25) and Tatum (24), the Kia All-NBA First Team is made up entirely of players age 27 or younger for the first time in 67 years (1954-55 season). Dončić is the fourth player in NBA history to be named to the All-NBA First Team three or more times before turning 24, joining Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant and Max Zaslofsky.  – via NBA.com

Who? Has anyone ever heard of this player.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5751 on: May 25, 2022, 01:02:22 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Didn't the Warriors already make history by losing a 3-1 series vs. LeBron? (Is it the first team to lose the finals after going up 3-1? It's some kind of first I remember)

Yes! First team to blow a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals.

Now, that would be very something if the Warriors become the first team to blow a 3-0 lead in the playoffs!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5752 on: May 25, 2022, 01:13:09 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Yes! First team to blow a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals.

Now, that would be very something if the Warriors become the first team to blow a 3-0 lead in the playoffs!

Currently just another case of LeBron being talented.

But if they blow this 3-0 lead, it could be a pretty cool statement about the 3 point shot being so fickle.

Edit: if they collapse like the Rockets did, that is. Which I imagine they'd have to do for the Mavs to have a shot.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 06:17:32 AM by pokeKingCurtis »

« Reply #5753 on: May 25, 2022, 12:46:11 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Nets are such a mess.  :)

Nets unwilling to offer Kyrie Irving long-term extension

This is why, as I’ve already written, the Nets’ championship hopes hinge on an amicable solution with Kyrie Irving, whose personal decision not to get vaccinated and unpredictable injury history have left the Nets hesitant, and now, according to a source familiar with the Nets’ thought process, outright unwilling to give him a long-term extension. – via Kristian Winfield @ New York Daily News

Kevin Durant hasn't spoken to Nets front office since first-round sweep

That’s a first-round exit at best – if Durant stays to see it, and according to multiple sources, Kevin Durant and the Nets front office have not spoken since they were swept out of the first round.  – via Kristian Winfield @ New York Daily News

« Reply #5754 on: May 25, 2022, 12:48:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

This is why, as I’ve already written, the Nets’ championship hopes hinge on an amicable solution with Kyrie Irving, whose personal decision not to get vaccinated and unpredictable injury history have left the Nets hesitant, and now, according to a source familiar with the Nets’ thought process, outright unwilling to give him a long-term extension. – via Kristian Winfield @ New York Daily News

That’s a first-round exit at best – if Durant stays to see it, and according to multiple sources, Kevin Durant and the Nets front office have not spoken since they were swept out of the first round.  – via Kristian Winfield @ New York Daily News

People didn’t want to admit it for some reason, but irving has become increasingly erratic the last few years. Many teams would have offered him a lengthy max extension when he left Boston. After his behavior the last few years? Not so much. Nets know it better than anyone.

« Reply #5755 on: May 25, 2022, 01:24:15 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

And we haven't even gotten to Simmons yet.

« Reply #5756 on: May 25, 2022, 01:28:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I would absolutely shocked if another team did not offer Kyrie the max. I wouldn't stay in BKN if I were Kyrie; not if they were unwilling to pay me the max.

« Reply #5757 on: May 25, 2022, 01:38:46 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

And we haven't even gotten to Simmons yet.

I hope that this is the end of superteams.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #5758 on: May 25, 2022, 01:41:29 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Starting to wonder if Kevin Durant may become available with how things have broken the last few years.

If he demanded a trade, the Nets would need to accommodate him, just like the Warriors did when he was traded to the Nets.

I wonder if an expiring, plus a starter, prospects, and picks would get it done?

I mean, if we won the championship, and then got Durant to go with our core, how awesome would that be?

Who knows? Maybe he regrets not going to Boston when he had a chance? 

« Reply #5759 on: May 25, 2022, 01:42:58 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I’m guessing Kyrie somehow ends up back with Lebron on the Lakers. They are both desperate enough for that to happen