Author Topic: Simmons Stock at All-Time Low / 3-Way Trade W/GSW & PHI  (Read 10306 times)

Re: Simmons Stock at All-Time Low / 3-Way Trade W/GSW & PHI
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2021, 06:59:18 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Before we really debate Simmons value on the basketball court, go back and watch the playoffs last year.

There's no doubt he didn't want to shoot, but he did everything else on that team. He defended Young and Bradley Beal and John Collins. He sets up teammates so they can score. He helps on the weakside. He rebounds. He pushes tempo to compromise defenses.

He plays hard out there on the court. People want him to dominate as a scorer. He's probably not that even if he could be with a mental adjustment. But he's still an all-nba talent and a good teammate on the court that makes everyone better and fills all the gaps.

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2021, 07:06:34 PM »

Kiorrik

Before we really debate Simmons value on the basketball court, go back and watch the playoffs last year.

There's no doubt he didn't want to shoot, but he did everything else on that team. He defended Young and Bradley Beal and John Collins. He sets up teammates so they can score. He helps on the weakside. He rebounds. He pushes tempo to compromise defenses.

He plays hard out there on the court. People want him to dominate as a scorer. He's probably not that even if he could be with a mental adjustment. But he's still an all-nba talent and a good teammate on the court that makes everyone better and fills all the gaps.

0-0 in 4 4th quarters.

Again, I get it; he's a good player. But I think he's just as polarising as Smart. Just perhaps with more higher highs (better play) and lower lows (refusing to practice, play, shoot, etc) ... (there's a word for that wild polarisation but it's escaping me lol)

.edit: volatile. The word I'm looking for is volatile.

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2021, 07:17:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am getting to the point of not wanting Smart on this team anymore. Not 100% sure I am there yet, but I am close to being there.

That said there are only two players I would not want to bring in in a trade involving Smart...Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving. I'll take most anyone else.

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2021, 07:20:55 PM »

Kiorrik

I am getting to the point of not wanting Smart on this team anymore. Not 100% sure I am there yet, but I am close to being there.

That said there are only two players I would not want to bring in in a trade involving Smart...Ben Simmons and Kyrie Irving. I'll take most anyone else.

I'm not there at all re:Smart - but I'm 100% with you on those names :D

Seems like we're not learning from past experiences on locker-room fit.

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2021, 07:53:35 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

0-0 in 4 4th quarters.

Again, I get it; he's a good player. But I think he's just as polarising as Smart. Just perhaps with more higher highs (better play) and lower lows (refusing to practice, play, shoot, etc) ... (there's a word for that wild polarisation but it's escaping me lol)

.edit: volatile. The word I'm looking for is volatile.

He's a much better player than Smart that makes his teammates better. I haven't felt like Smart knows how to do that at the level Simmons does.

He's refusing to practice or play because he wants out of Philly. I don't love it. He's holding out in order to control his own destiny. Players have been doing that for a long time to get more money. It seems more like business to me than being a bad teammate.

He won't shoot because he thinks its better. Watch him on the court and see how hard he plays, how willing he is to do all the tough things that no one else can/will.

He doesn't want to be a scorer. He doesn't think he can succeed as a guy who shoots a lot. I don't mind that. That means he's a great fit next to two scorers.

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2021, 08:46:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He is a swell PF, PG not so much because he can't shoot.

I think he lacks disclipine, the reason, I think this is the shooting has not improved, since being in the league.   A pro's job is to play sports and work on his weakness and improve his strengths.   I also have never cared for his character/heart.    He is very talented.

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2021, 09:40:15 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I think my point isn't as much that "I wouldn't trade X for Simmons".

It's more; "I actively do not want to see this Simmons dude on this team I love."

I hear you, however this team could use some extras juice and if the price keeps falling should at least kick the tires.

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2021, 09:43:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I d never forgive BS if he traded Jalen for Simmons .   He d be Brad Pitino to me.

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2021, 11:05:34 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I'm 1000% done with Smart since forever ago. I don't get the hype surrounding him in how he's a hustler. We need a good balance of a starting PG who can score and play D. Not some guy who bricks 3s and plays D tenaciously whenever they want.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)