Author Topic: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)  (Read 67565 times)

Re: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)
« Reply #480 on: November 20, 2021, 12:48:03 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Pompey of the Philly Inquirer said the Sixers have been throwing around a trade with the Pistons that would be Grant, Olynyk, Bey, and a 1st.  Doesn't seem like a great offer compared to some others that have been rumored, but if that is an unprotected Detroit 1st in 22 that could be a good pick.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #481 on: November 20, 2021, 01:58:46 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Pompey of the Philly Inquirer said the Sixers have been throwing around a trade with the Pistons that would be Grant, Olynyk, Bey, and a 1st.  Doesn't seem like a great offer compared to some others that have been rumored, but if that is an unprotected Detroit 1st in 22 that could be a good pick.

Big three of harris, Embid and grant screams title to me.

« Reply #482 on: November 20, 2021, 02:00:54 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

Wow. Yeah. That Brogdon /Levert one was pretty awesome I thought( if true. Maybe it was fake?) This wouldn’t be nothing but have to wonder if Joel just will want his own fresh start soon.

« Reply #483 on: November 29, 2021, 05:29:55 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
(click on images to enlarge)

Trade #1

Trade #2

PG: Smart
SG: Brown
SF: Tatum
PF: Simmons
C: Olynyk

That's a championship-caliber starting 5 in my book. The bench would suck this season unless we could sign a couple of rotation players via the buyout market. Worst case scenario, we could fix the supporting cast in the offseason.

No need to trade for Olynyk. Imo, Simmons would be at his best at small-ball Center. I'm posting the second idea only because plenty of posters think Simmons cannot play at Center.

Why for the Raps:
  • Siakam and Scottie Barnes cancel each other out. Plenty of Raps fans are ready to move on from Siakam.
  • They need a long-term solution at Center. Timelord fits the bill. Horford would be a mentor for their young players, plus he'd be a solid contributor from day 1.

Why for Philly:
  • They get decent value for Simmons. Siakam is an all-star-caliber player who'd be a nice fit on the Sixers. Schroder would make a great 6th man behind Maxey. They'd also get an unprotected first.
  • Fwiw, both Embiid and Siakam are from Cameroon. I guess Embiid would be happy to welcome Siakam in Philly.

Why for the Celtics:
  • Basketball-wise, Simmons would be an excellent fit on the Celtics. He also fits the time window of the Jays.
  • Timelord would be a terrible fit next to Simmons. With this in mind, I'd be inclined to include him in the deal.
  • Horford is a great team player, but he's massively overpaid.
  • Couldn't care less if we trade Schroder. Chances are we cannot re-sign him anyway.
  • Couldn't care less about the picks either. Chances are we'd become a legit contending team for years to come.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 06:07:26 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #484 on: November 29, 2021, 08:26:49 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 869

Trade #1

Trade #2

That's a championship-caliber starting 5 in my book. The bench would suck this season unless we could sign a couple of rotation players via the buyout market. Worst case scenario, we could fix the supporting cast in the offseason.

No need to trade for Olynyk. Imo, Simmons would be at his best at small-ball Center. I'm posting the second idea only because plenty of posters think Simmons cannot play at Center.

Why for the Raps:
  • Siakam and Scottie Barnes cancel each other out. Plenty of Raps fans are ready to move on from Siakam.
  • They need a long-term solution at Center. Timelord fits the bill. Horford would be a mentor for their young players, plus he'd be a solid contributor from day 1.

Why for Philly:
  • They get decent value for Simmons. Siakam is an all-star-caliber player who'd be a nice fit on the Sixers. Schroder would make a great 6th man behind Maxey. They'd also get an unprotected first.
  • Fwiw, both Embiid and Siakam are from Cameroon. I guess Embiid would be happy to welcome Siakam in Philly.

Why for the Celtics:
  • Basketball-wise, Simmons would be an excellent fit on the Celtics. He also fits the time window of the Jays.
  • Timelord would be a terrible fit next to Simmons. With this in mind, I'd be inclined to include him in the deal.
  • Couldn't care less if we trade Schroder. Chances are we cannot re-sign him anyway.
  • Couldn't care less about the picks either. Chances are we'd become a legit contending team for years to come.

Siakam would be a good fit, I am not sure we would need to give up all of Horford, Williams, and a pick to get him.  But if we could get him, I would stop right there and not trade for Simmons.  Why not just keep Schroder and the pick you have going to Philly and just add Siakam?

Maybe it is easier to just give Toronto Richardson and RWilliams (and a pick if needed) for Siakam, cut out all the rest.

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Siakam
Horford

and we still have Schroder for the second unit along with Kanter, GWilliams, Langford.  Losing Richardson would definitely hurt our depth.  We would need Langford and/or Nesmith to really step it up.  But it is even worse if we give up Schroder too.  Then Pritchard is in a core rotation role as well as Langford and Nesmith.

« Reply #485 on: November 29, 2021, 08:41:31 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

Trade #1

Trade #2

Why for the Raps:

Why for Philly:

Why for the Celtics:

Siakam would be a good fit, I am not sure we would need to give up all of Horford, Williams, and a pick to get him.  But if we could get him, I would stop right there and not trade for Simmons.  Why not just keep Schroder and the pick you have going to Philly and just add Siakam?

Maybe it is easier to just give Toronto Richardson and RWilliams (and a pick if needed) for Siakam, cut out all the rest.

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Siakam
Horford

and we still have Schroder for the second unit along with Kanter, GWilliams, Langford.  Losing Richardson would definitely hurt our depth.  We would need Langford and/or Nesmith to really step it up.  But it is even worse if we give up Schroder too.  Then Pritchard is in a core rotation role as well as Langford and Nesmith.
I'd much rather have Simmons for multiple reasons, but I'd be perfectly happy with Siakam as well. The two of them would be my top realistic(?) targets, followed by Christian Wood, Jerami Grant and Kyle Anderson.

I visited a Raps forum to ask their fans what they'd want for Siakam. One poster replied he'd want Horford and an unprotected first. If this is the price, I'd do it in a heartbeat (although I'm not sure whether Wyc would give the go-ahead, cause he'd have to pay a hefty luxury tax). In any case, it seems like the Raps are ready to move on from Siakam. To a large extent, him and Scottie Barnes cancel each other out. We should always try to buy low and sell high. It would be smart business on our part to go after Siakam/Simmons.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 08:58:35 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #486 on: November 29, 2021, 03:22:37 PM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Trade #1

Trade #2

Why for the Raps:

Why for Philly:

Why for the Celtics:

I think you screwed up here.  I think you mistakenly have the C's giving up a pick to each team instead of receiving one.  Especially from Philly.  They have a very tainted asset. They should not win the trade.  Siakam is of similar real value to simmons by my math.  To get schroder and a first as well...no thanks.

« Reply #487 on: November 29, 2021, 03:57:02 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

Trade #1

Trade #2

Why for the Raps:

Why for Philly:

Why for the Celtics:

I think you screwed up here.  I think you mistakenly have the C's giving up a pick to each team instead of receiving one.  Especially from Philly.  They have a very tainted asset. They should not win the trade.  Siakam is of similar real value to simmons by my math.  To get schroder and a first as well...no thanks.
Agreed I screwed up a bit, cause I actually believe the Sixers don't want to trade with us. I'd expect them to hang up the phone. The Raps part of the deal is probably more realistic. Both Simmons and Siakam are (relatively) young All-Star-caliber players. They have even made the All-NBA teams. With all due respect, you live in fantasy land if you think we can acquire either one of them for practically nothing.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:39:04 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #488 on: November 29, 2021, 08:21:38 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
So if we can get Siakam for Al/TL/1st, then why are we also adding Schroder/another 1st just to get Simmons? Is Simmons supposed to be better than Siakam? I would rather just have Siakam.