Author Topic: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)  (Read 67311 times)

Re: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2021, 05:16:53 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yeah, unless you want to trade Brown, we are not going to be in on Simmons.  And even Brown isn't what they want.  They want a vet.  A fully established player.

I think a trade of Simmons + Maxey (maybe picks?) for Beal is pretty good for both teams.  Beal would be a great fit next to Embiid.  Simmons and Maxey join a young, rebuilding team.  Washington may not be ready to trade Beal, but it may be inevitable, and this may be the best deal they ever see.

I don’t think this trade makes sense for either team really. Beal doesn’t want to leave even though they are crappy. That’s pretty valuable.  Doubt Simmons would be happy there either. Plus who plays point guard for the 76ers in this scenario? Seth curry?

If they believe they can keep Beal, then no, they won't trade him for Simmons or anyone else.  I feel it is more inevitable that he ends up leaving.  This trade could end up being a 1-season rental for Philly.  Who wins the trade then?  WAS could end up with nothing for Beal if the season goes bad and he decide to become a FA.  Then they will be wishing they took Simmons, Maxey, and a couple of picks.  But you are right, if they believe Beal is happy and committed, and will stay that way, then no.

The only thing I disagree with is that this doesn't make sense for Philly in terms of personnel.  Beal is exactly what they need.  He is perfect to play with Embiid.  They can find someone to play the point if Seth Curry can't handle it.

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2021, 05:28:12 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
It seems like Houston has some solid talent to send back in a trade for Simmons. Something like Eric Gordon, Christian Wood, and Kevin Porter Jr for Simmons works. The 76ers get a lot of talent and shooting and the Rockets get a star to build their rebuild around.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:37:41 PM by liam »

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2021, 05:35:41 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It seems like Huston has some solid talent to send back in a trade for Simmons. Something like Eric Gordon, Christian Wood, and Kevin Porter Jr for Simmons works. The 76ers get a lot of talent and shooting and the Rockets get a star to build their rebuild around.

Eh. Gordon is always injured and Christian is a clunky fit between Embiid and Tobias. And I have a feeling Morey isn't going to deal Ben to Houston because Houston bailed on the Harden deal.

Philly may have not get the value the want, but I think they can do better.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2021, 05:37:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It seems like Huston has some solid talent to send back in a trade for Simmons. Something like Eric Gordon, Christian Wood, and Kevin Porter Jr for Simmons works. The 76ers get a lot of talent and shooting and the Rockets get a star to build their rebuild around.

Eh. Gordon is always injured and Christian is a clunky fit between Embiid and Tobias. And I have a feeling Morey isn't going to deal Ben to Houston because Houston bailed on the Harden deal.

I agree. Additionally, Kevin Porter Jr., despite all his supposed potential, still has next to not trade value because of how unreliable and volatile he is.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2021, 05:39:38 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
The thing that matters, and appear unsaid at this time, is does Simmons care where he ends up, or is it anywhere but Philly?  If it’s the latter, Philly could still get decent value (although not as much as they’ve asked for to date).  If he has a list of teams, that’s going to hamper the price a lot.  I’m not sure if the Wizards want Simmons more than Beal, for example, but if Simmons doesn’t want to be in Washington, there’s no way they even consider it for a second.

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2021, 05:42:46 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Gordon is always hurt but he stretches the floor. Wood also stretches out the floor and Porter is still improving or could be traded. If Simmons has to go to a California team then it's a moot point. I don't see what The Clippers or The Lakers really have to offer. The Kings could do a Hield, Barnes trade that makes the Sixers better.

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2021, 05:44:59 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
McCollum seems the obvious 1:1 swap.

ESPN trade machine gives Sixers 3 more wins and takes 6 wins from Blazers. Seems about right.

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2021, 05:45:17 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
It would be crazy if The Clips shipped Kawhi for Simmons.

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2021, 05:50:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Process....an abject failure.

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2021, 05:52:53 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Morey is gonna end up with a bag of Jayson Tatum ruffles and a free Dairy Queen ice cream for Simmons  ;D
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2021, 06:34:29 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

Probably true, though Sam Hinkie, the architect of that radical scheme, is long gone. If they'd drafted better or evaluated the talent they had better, it would be a different situation. The Fultz pick is on Colangelo. Hinkie's only real draft dud was Jahlil Okafor. I believe that MCW was his pick, and he had the guts to trade him after he won rookie of the year.

For what it's worth, they did finish first in the East this past season - although if you pointed out that the playoffs showed their feet of clay I couldn't argue.

Players forcing their way out is not good for the league.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2021, 07:19:33 PM »

Offline ddt27

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 26
I think gsw should go for it now, since his value is so low and simmons would fit there pretty well

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2021, 07:22:23 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Yep. They basically said the whole time they were doing this to avoid being the Atlanta hawks of Horford, korver, Teague etc. The real kicker is that team at least made an ecf I believe. Philly never made it out of the second round.

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2021, 08:33:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I hope Philly does nothing and deduct his paycheck.

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2021, 08:35:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I hope Philly does nothing and deduct his paycheck.

This would really be cool if they did this, but the way things are set up this doesn't really benefit Philly to do. They are going to tank the season, which is probably one of Embid's final prime 3 or 4 seasons, to make a point to klutch? I just don't see that happening.