Author Topic: Kyrie Says He is a Better Leader Now  (Read 2714 times)

Kyrie Says He is a Better Leader Now
« on: February 26, 2021, 09:24:16 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 961
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/022521-nets-sound-041504414.html

What would a day be without imagining what could have been if Danny’s dream to assemble a super team would have come to fruition.

So let me get this straight, the Nets are on a tear so of course Kyrie’s leadership is behind it. Nothing to do with Harden joining them. The young players seem to love him on that team though despite his vanishing from the team act. Last I checked leaders don’t  bail on their teammates.

Re: Kyrie Says He is a Better Leader Now
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 09:51:48 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1418
  • Let's Go Celtics!

What would a day be without imagining what could have been if Danny’s dream to assemble a super team would have come to fruition.

So let me get this straight, the Nets are on a tear so of course Kyrie’s leadership is behind it. Nothing to do with Harden joining them. The young players seem to love him on that team though despite his vanishing from the team act. Last I checked leaders don’t  bail on their teammates.

We're on the outside looking in and seems like his teammates supported him while he was away from the team. They know a lot more about him that we do, so who are we to say that support is undeserved?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 09:54:02 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Well, I guess he hasn’t gone AWOL on his team in the past month or so, so it’s progress.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

We're on the outside looking in and seems like his teammates supported him while he was away from the team. They know a lot more about him that we do, so who are we to say that support is undeserved?

Kyrie has a history of bailing on teammates. Before he demanded his way out of Cleveland, he quit talking to all of his teammates in the playoffs. We all saw Boston. He couldn’t be bothered to sit on the bench with his teammates, created divisions within the lock room, and quit against Milwaukee.  In Brooklyn, he basically sat out a season, and then at the beginning of this year left the team without notice.

Kyrie is a fantastic player, and for all we know he is a fantastic person. But, he is certainly not a fantastic teammate.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 10:21:37 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Kyrie has a history of bailing on teammates. Before he demanded his way out of Cleveland, he quit talking to all of his teammates in the playoffs. We all saw Boston. He couldn’t be bothered to sit on the bench with his teammates, created divisions within the lock room, and quit against Milwaukee.  In Brooklyn, he basically sat out a season, and then at the beginning of this year left the team without notice.

Kyrie is a fantastic player, and for all we know he is a fantastic person. But, he is certainly not a fantastic teammate.

And again, his teammates said he reached out to them and they supported him while he was away. We may believe he's a bad teammate but it his actual teammates feel differently.

This fanbase's obsession with Kyrie failing is weird. Yes, it ended badly but it's been nearly 2 years.  Every time he sneezes, there's excessive discussion about it here. It's taken on an obsessive ex that can't let go vibe. Yes, he moved on and upgraded, we should try to do the same.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 10:24:00 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be

And again, his teammates said he reached out to them and they supported him while he was away. We may believe he's a bad teammate but it his actual teammates feel differently.

This fanbase's obsession with Kyrie failing is weird. Yes, it ended badly but it's been nearly 2 years.  Every time he sneezes, there's excessive discussion about it here. It's taken on an obsessive ex that can't let go vibe. Yes, he moved on and upgraded, we should try to do the same.

Asking sports fans to be rational is a tall order.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 10:33:07 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Touché. TP.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 10:39:22 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I just don’t get people that ask fans to be rational. Kyrie and his fellow players make billions of dollars because of irrational fans. There is not a lot of rationality about grown folks painting their faces or buying clothes with the names of players or dropping thousands or millions to buy tickets so they can be a part of a production for which that they pay for. If all you had were rational fans Kyrie is not making millions playing basketball.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 10:42:23 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It sounds like you are making the argument that the players on the Nats are good teammates, rather than that Kyrie is one.

And the reason that Kyrie gets a lot of attention on here and nationally is because he is an attention wh*re.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 10:59:21 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
For those who don't get the obsession over Kyrie. I feel this is the one area I truly am an expert on.

I'm a hyper self aware narcissist. I'm always a great leader when things are going well. I'm also a misunderstood genius when things aren't. I'll quickly isolate myself until I'm confident I can safely get back on the ship I jumped off of. I know others observe me doing this and I don't care. Why? They don't matter to me so instead I treat those who do matter 100x better so I'm perceived as likable. Those who benefit me like me because I treat them like a cash flowing asset.

It's easy to understand why others do not want to see people like that have success. Kyrie depression is fake empathy so you feel for him not the other way around. I'm a master at convincing people I feel for them.

Any questions?

I just made this up because I'm a middle aged attention seeking loser...

ok fine

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 11:10:12 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I just don’t get people that ask fans to be rational. Kyrie and his fellow players make billions of dollars because of irrational fans. There is not a lot of rationality about grown folks painting their faces or buying clothes with the names of players or dropping thousands or millions to buy tickets so they can be a part of a production for which that they pay for. If all you had were rational fans Kyrie is not making millions playing basketball.

I'll clarify a bit, then I'm taking my own advice and moving on.

I think there's a difference between being a fan and being passionate about your team, and actively rooting for someone's personal failure. With Kyrie, I think the vitriol against him from Boston fans is too much at times. Whenever something happens, no matter what it is, our fanbase seems to be more fervent about it than Brooklyn's. For instance, why does him saying he thinks he's better at SG while Harden plays PG deserving of a thread on a Celtics forum? The same people who claim to be happy to be rid of him are the first ones to make a thread about him. Posters here try to dissect and hold up every statement or action as proof that he's "crazy" or a "headcase" as if such a revelation validates them personally. I don't see the benefit in that... And it certainly hasn't helped our team be more successful.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 11:23:08 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I'll clarify a bit, then I'm taking my own advice and moving on.

I think there's a difference between being a fan and being passionate about your team, and actively rooting for someone's personal failure. With Kyrie, I think the vitriol against him from Boston fans is too much at times. Whenever something happens, no matter what it is, our fanbase seems to be more fervent about it than Brooklyn's. For instance, why does him saying he thinks he's better at SG while Harden plays PG deserving of a thread on a Celtics forum? The same people who claim to be happy to be rid of him are the first ones to make a thread about him. Posters here try to dissect and hold up every statement or action as proof that he's "crazy" or a "headcase" as if such a revelation validates them personally. I don't see the benefit in that... And it certainly hasn't helped our team be more successful.

Yes, but don’t you think Kyrie goads the Cs? Prime example is the whole burning sage thing he did. What have the Cs done since then..lol

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 12:32:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3207
Kyrie is leading from the middle. He's the 3rd best player on a team with two leaders. He's like the sled dog in the middle of the pack getting pulled along screaming follow me! Funny....

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 12:35:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
Kyrie is leading from the middle. He's the 3rd best player on a team with two leaders. He's like the sled dog in the middle of the pack getting pulled along screaming follow me! Funny....

That is a phenomenal analogy.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 02:11:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3207

That is a phenomenal analogy.

;D