Author Topic: Can We Talk About Scal?  (Read 35251 times)

Re: Can We Talk About Scal?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2021, 09:52:57 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Is anyone watching the NBC Sports post game tonight?  Scal is so rude to Abby and Forsberg.  I don’t think it’s friendly banter.

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2021, 09:59:07 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Is anyone watching the NBC Sports post game tonight?  Scal is so rude to Abby and Forsberg.  I don’t think it’s friendly banter.

Can someone post link?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2021, 10:04:26 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

He talks down to them and can be super arrogant. seems to be more respectful towards Mike Gorman. But yeah, he’s got a superiority complex or something. It’s pretty awkward/uncomfortable to see. 
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2021, 10:06:31 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

He talks down to them and can be super arrogant. seems to be more respectful towards Mike Gorman. But yeah, he’s got a superiority complex or something. It’s pretty awkward/uncomfortable to see.
Yeah, it's a bit strange. With Gorman he perfectly fine, if not unspectacular. Must be a respect thing.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2021, 10:08:09 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

He was so condescending to them.  I would think the network would have a problem with it.

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2021, 10:10:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
While us diehards are busy taking stock of the team, I figured we could carve out a few moments to discuss Scal’s performance so far.

I’m taking a “Give him time to grow into the role” approach. But I must say, many of Scal’s shortcomings displayed in previous seasons are still there: He thinks he’s smarter than he is, he misunderstands people and then overreacts to those misunderstandings, and he’s weirdly aggressive toward Abby (but apparently he’s joking?).

This is the first year I’ve actively sought out the national broadcasts when I have the choice between local and national. It’s a shame because I LOVE Gorman. I just haven’t come around on Scal yet.

Am I alone?

I disagree on some of the things

Abby is also sort of aggressive jokingly at times.  They are just playing around

Scal is a smart dude though.  He wasn't chosen as an assistant coach for nothing.

The thing I dislike the most is when he starts to have a laughing attack.   Like when Jokic went off at the CEltics

like dude, whose side are you on??

Tommy would have never reacted that way and would have not been pleased. 

Man I miss Tommy

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2021, 10:13:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

oh cmon

Abby gives Perk a hard time here and there.  They also play around with Forsberg

They are playing around.  The TNT crew do the same thing

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2021, 10:28:47 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

oh cmon

Abby gives Perk a hard time here and there.  They also play around with Forsberg

I thought it was really awkward. Seemed like Scal was being petulant (like usual) and couldn’t handle a harmless comment about how busy he was during the game.

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2021, 10:38:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Abby>Scal

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2021, 10:39:07 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

oh cmon

I thought it was really awkward. Seemed like Scal was being petulant (like usual) and couldn’t handle a harmless comment about how busy he was during the game.

That’s how I saw it.  It didn’t look like silly banter like you see on TNT.  It happens a lot and it’s cringe worthy.

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2021, 11:01:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
For someone who was a terrible player and is a terrible commentator he really has a high opinion of himself.

Imagine how much nicer NBC broadcasts would be with McHale in Scal's place
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2021, 11:16:56 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
I watched the post game. I honestly can’t believe the producers haven’t coached this out of him, because it’s chronic at this point. Painful to watch.

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2021, 11:27:36 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
I watched the post game. I honestly can’t believe the producers haven’t coached this out of him, because it’s chronic at this point. Painful to watch.

Pride will kill you. Or in Scal’s case, get you fired from your job at the Warriors and alienate you from the one fanbase that ever liked you.

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2021, 11:57:22 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Scal is fine....relax.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2021, 12:13:57 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
Scal is fine....relax.

Lol I think we’re all pretty calm. Just not interested in experiencing secondhand embarrassment because the guy needs to make everything a weirdly pointed pseudo-argument.