Author Topic: 2015 Patriots Football  (Read 151356 times)

Re: 2015 Patriots Football
« Reply #360 on: November 23, 2015, 10:52:32 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
How is all that contact allowed against Gronkowski? He was shaded off his path and then arm barred before the ball got there.

« Reply #361 on: November 23, 2015, 10:55:03 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Amendola playing great.

Good long ref dscussions.  We have to work in the morning!

« Reply #362 on: November 23, 2015, 10:58:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Glad I picked up Amendola in fantasy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2015, 11:00:05 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Bullet dodged.

« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
I was just thinking -- Amendola can't get hurt.

« Reply #365 on: November 23, 2015, 11:12:38 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Hoping for more ref conferences in the 4th.

« Reply #366 on: November 23, 2015, 11:13:27 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Glad I picked up Amendola in fantasy.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd he's hurt.

« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2015, 11:17:56 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Hoping for more ref conferences in the 4th.

Refs are a wreck. Boston media will have a field day with this.

« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2015, 11:19:00 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Important quarter.  Pats really need to hold onto this one.  Going into Denver without Lewis, Edelman, Dobson and Amendola is pretty scary.  Also, the way the O-line looked early in this game is frightening given Denver's pass rush.   Need this game to keep #1 seed alive.  Hopefully Danny isn't out for long.

What a great throw!

Followed by a senseless one.  Needed 15 yards for a field goal.  Geez.

« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2015, 11:24:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Not sure what Brady was thinking when he threw that deep ball into a crowd.

Butler usually is in good position but he really needs to improve on turning and locating the ball in the air
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2015, 11:31:41 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
No way Brady plays another 7 years.

« Reply #371 on: November 23, 2015, 11:56:35 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
headset problems with the Bills. Pats haters have their excuse.

« Reply #372 on: November 24, 2015, 12:35:19 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Always happy to get a win, but I dislike the way the Patriots are trending (apart from the injuries, which are bad enough).

After scoring tons of points through their first 7 games—averaging nearly 36 per—they've now averaged only ~25 over their last 3 games (against a bad Redskins team and mediocre Giants and Bills teams), never reaching 30, and scoring a season-low 20 tonight. And despite getting Cannon and Vollmer back tonight, the O-line struggled—that could be, at least in part, because those two were rusty after being out several weeks, but I still don't like it.

Furthermore, this season is shaping up like 2007, and not in a good way. That year, the Pats tended to blow out teams in the first half of the season, then saw their average margin of victory shrink as they got closer to the postseason. And we all know how their offense bombed out in the Super Bowl. I know it sounds entitled, and maybe absurd, to say that an 18-1 season is disappointing, but it's about the titles, right? I feel that way. And they didn't win the title that year.

Even though I always want my favorite teams to win, I've often thought that the '07 team might've benefited from suffering a regular-season loss, as it may well have served to sharpen their focus. I've also had that thought about this year's team. I understand that nearly everyone gets up for playing the Pats, and most teams give New England their best shot, but I feel like things are starting to slip with this team. Again, don't want them to lose, but it seems hard to maintain the necessary sharpness otherwise, if that makes sense.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #373 on: November 24, 2015, 12:43:47 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Always happy to get a win, but I dislike the way the Patriots are trending (apart from the injuries, which are bad enough).

After scoring tons of points through their first 7 games—averaging nearly 36 per—they've now averaged only ~25 over their last 3 games (against a bad Redskins team and mediocre Giants and Bills teams), never reaching 30, and scoring a season-low 20 tonight. And despite getting Cannon and Vollmer back tonight, the O-line struggled—that could be, at least in part, because those two were rusty after being out several weeks, but I still don't like it.

Furthermore, this season is shaping up like 2007, and not in a good way. That year, the Pats tended to blow out teams in the first half of the season, then saw their average margin of victory shrink as they got closer to the postseason. And we all know how their offense bombed out in the Super Bowl. I know it sounds entitled, and maybe absurd, to say that an 18-1 season is disappointing, but it's about the titles, right? I feel that way. And they didn't win the title that year.

Even though I always want my favorite teams to win, I've often thought that the '07 team might've benefited from suffering a regular-season loss, as it may well have served to sharpen their focus. I've also had that thought about this year's team. I understand that nearly everyone gets up for playing the Pats, and most teams give New England their best shot, but I feel like things are starting to slip with this team. Again, don't want them to lose, but it seems hard to maintain the necessary sharpness otherwise, if that makes sense.

Maybe.

But I expect the offensive line to sort itself out. It was fine even after Solder went out. I chalk it up to shaking the rust off everyone coming back from injury.

And the other huge difference between this team and the '07 team is that the '07 defense was old and slow. This defense is very athletic and will only get better when Jamie Collins (who may be the best out of all of them) gets back.

And let's not forget that Edelman will almost definitely be back for the playoffs, maybe even earlier.

« Reply #374 on: November 24, 2015, 12:47:25 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What would the Pats opponents do if they didn't have silly excuses whenever they lose?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain