Author Topic: Bradley/Zeller and Waiters/Adams  (Read 506 times)

Bradley/Zeller and Waiters/Adams
« on: November 05, 2015, 04:12:19 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Another BOS-OKC deal.. but i don't think this one is entire out of the realm of possibility.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p33zjot

BOS gets:
Dion Waiters
Andre Roberson
Steven Adams

OKC gets:
Avery Bradley
Tyler Zeller
Minn or Dallas pick

Although it does thrown Boston's 2016 season in the tank, it does have an expiring contract (waiters), a cheap defender/trade bait (Roberson), a foundational bigman (Adams).
For OKC, they have a legit starting defender and shooter (Bradley), an expiring big (Zeller), and a pick for the future.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Bradley/Zeller and Waiters/Adams
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 04:40:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Thunder have a really nice main group with Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, and Adams.  If they keep those guys healthy and they can play lots of minutes together in the playoffs, they have as good a shot as anybody at winning a title.

There's no good reason for them to trade Adams at this point.  They'd probably prefer to upgrade at starting shooting guard, but Roberson is not too bad for them.  Offense has not been their problem so far.  The bench with Augustin, Singler, and Kanter should be OK, though they could use a couple of versatile veteran defenders.

In any case, the trade you outline doesn't address those needs.  I'm not sure why this is such a popular idea on the forums lately.

If the Thunder trade Adams and Waiters for someone, I think it'd be Joakim Noah.  But I think they'll probably just stick with what they have.  They've got the main ingredients for a championship already.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain