Author Topic: Good Celtics Merchandise Shop?  (Read 13665 times)

Re: Good Celtics Merchandise Shop?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 03:54:50 PM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
Actually i just ordered a lot of stuff on nba.com store (though i kinda dislike their website...)

shipping costs are incredibly stupid(doesn't matter what you order, one shipment method, one price and it's insanely high...)

but because everything is so much cheaper than it is in switzerland and i found some other stuff i needed anyway it still paid off for me...

(shoes in switzerland 90$, in us 45$... ball in switzerland 75$, in us 25$... sweater in switzerland 80$, sweater in us 20$, etc...)

Still haven't found a decent euro based store who offers more than just a couple of jerseys.

If anyone does i'd love to know about it!

If you live in Europe and you order stuff in the USA, prepare to pay a lot of taxes and other rates when it arrives at customs. I've been told that, for instance, to get a Celtics jersey from Amazon.com to my adress in Portugal, I will pay more 35% to 50% in shipping, customs rates and taxes.    >:(

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 04:00:29 PM by Global Celtic »

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 04:22:39 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Anyone think I would look good in this? http://www.fansedge.com/Boston-Celtics-Womens-T2-Thong-_260313659_PD.html 
hahahaha. I'm so kidding seeing as I'm a guy.

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 04:23:45 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Hey guys I know this is a little off topic, but I have been dieing to a get a Matt Ryan BC jersey, but can find it anywhere online.  Anybody have any thoughts?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 04:27:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Hey guys I know this is a little off topic, but I have been dieing to a get a Matt Ryan BC jersey, but can find it anywhere online.  Anybody have any thoughts?

Try ebay.  There are a few on there.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 04:34:03 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Thanks roy, unfortunately only a small and medium!  But thanks for lookin for me!TP
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 05:50:31 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
Actually i just ordered a lot of stuff on nba.com store (though i kinda dislike their website...)

shipping costs are incredibly stupid(doesn't matter what you order, one shipment method, one price and it's insanely high...)

but because everything is so much cheaper than it is in switzerland and i found some other stuff i needed anyway it still paid off for me...

(shoes in switzerland 90$, in us 45$... ball in switzerland 75$, in us 25$... sweater in switzerland 80$, sweater in us 20$, etc...)

Still haven't found a decent euro based store who offers more than just a couple of jerseys.

If you live in Europe and you order stuff in the USA, prepare to pay a lot of taxes and other rates when it arrives at customs. I've been told that, for instance, to get a Celtics jersey from Amazon.com to my adress in Portugal, I will pay more 35% to 50% in shipping, customs rates and taxes.    >:(

True, but as i mentioned: Because of Switzerland's extremely high price level it's still cheaper or in some cases about even...
Plus: i don't get some of the stuff at all in Switzerland.
I was fairly annoyed about the shipping costs and i know i'm gonna curse again when i pay for additional taxes but at the end of the day i couldn't have purchased that stuff for less total money in Switzerland and some of it i simply couldn't have purchased at all...
However as mentioned Switzerland's high price level made things much more attractive to me. So it's a good deal for me in relatives...

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 09:09:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

http://www.chowdaheadz.com/blood-sweat-tears-boston-basketball.html

Saw this onsale in one of my junk e-mails today.  Pretty classy

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 09:59:48 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 10:00:59 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

Yeah but I've heard about a "trick" that avoids this kind of taxes : order your products and ship them as "gifts". Usually it will prevent the taxes to be added at the frontier. I've never done it myself but I've read quite a few times that this trick works.

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 11:18:36 AM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61

Yeah but I've heard about a "trick" that avoids this kind of taxes : order your products and ship them as "gifts". Usually it will prevent the taxes to be added at the frontier. I've never done it myself but I've read quite a few times that this trick works.

Never tried that one either, but if the store you order your stuff at accurately declares the value and the type of the goods they are shipping you can sometimes go around that anyway...
I actually didn't pay anything additionally on my order and it now really paid off ordering from the US!

Depending on where you live there are also different regulations for such matters.
Since Switzerland isn't part of the EU there's a good chance it's being handled slightly different from France or Portugal...