Author Topic: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)  (Read 50366 times)

Re: Rockets - Celtics Trade Rumor (weak source)
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2014, 04:41:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
love this from Sam Amick:

Makes sense for Houston to pursue Boston's Rondo (and @ESPNSteinLine says Rox have interest) but I'm told the two teams have not spoken.

hahahaha
Why is that funny ?

because all these rumors led to nothing. No details

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Just saw this tweet from Marc Stein.

Regardless of whether it happens though, it definitely looks like the Rockets have legit interest in Rondo (though maybe not enough to give up Parsons.)

Marc Stein        ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow
Celtics, I'm told, would insist on Chandler Parsons in a theoretical Rondo deal. And Rockets, by all accounts, NOT willing to surrender CP

That's fine. Morey doesn't want to move Parsons, he doesn't get Rondo, pure and simple. Two starters, plus two marketable draft picks, is a good return for a player with Rondo's warts.

Pretty obvious, at this point, that this discussion is legitimate.

Yup...Stein just tweeted this out as well

Marc Stein        ✔ @ESPNSteinLine

Sources familiar w/Rockets' thinking say HOU has absolute interest in trading for Rajon Rondo. But that alone doesn't mean we'll see a deal

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2014, 04:43:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Honestly its laughable that the teams haven't talked on some level near the trade deadline. Danny is a notorious cold caller and if the Asik rumors weren't complete BS would have called about him at least.

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2014, 04:45:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Another possibility is that this could be a dog and pony show to make Dwight happy that the Rockets "tried" to get him a star PG to play with.

Much like the rumored Bass/Lee for Asik deal suddenly became an illusion after a solid day where it was the only game in town.

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2014, 04:47:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Asik, Lin, Jones, Smith or Beverly, 2014 1st

for

Rondo, Bass, Pressey (since he would likely be waived anyway)

I think this is a reasonable trade.  Not a homerun, but certainly solid value even without Parsons.

If we're getting back someone who's likely to be a top level player then it's a reasonable trade. Who are we getting that fits the bill?

Why would a team trade for Rondo and give the celts a top level player back in return??

When have you ever seen that happen in basketball?

Guys like Williams, Harden were traded for picks and prospects.  What makes Rondo so much better then them, that we deserve to get back alot more?

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2014, 04:48:12 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
This is the deal I would do:

Rondo, Green, Faverani
for
Lin, Asik, T. Jones, $3M, two 1st rounders

Celtics save around $5M this year, spend $10M extra next year with the funky contracts, then save on the last year of Green's deal. They get two more 1st rounders and another cheap, young talent in Jones. Lin and Asik can both be either kept or dealt as big expiring deals next year, and Jones will be cheap for another two years.

New lineup:

Lin
Bradley
Jones
Sullinger
Asik

+ more accelerated cap space, two more 1st round picks

NO way...we are giving up too much for Rondo and Green...if u think about it...Rondo >>> Lin & Asik (a back up C)

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2014, 04:49:40 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I would want them to throw in a random unprotected 1st rounder, like 2020 or something.  It would still be a terrible trade for us but maybe one day it would pay off

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2014, 04:51:10 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Honestly its laughable that the teams haven't talked on some level near the trade deadline. Danny is a notorious cold caller and if the Asik rumors weren't complete BS would have called about him at least.

Yeah absurd to imagine that Ainge and Morey "haven't spoken".

Presumably Amick means they have talked about a Rondo deal -- I was simply laughing at the notion that dozens of these insiders are tracking down to the phone call, and dozens of us are sittin' here tracking them tracking those calls. But I digress..
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1036
This is the deal I would do:

Rondo, Green, Faverani
for
Lin, Asik, T. Jones, $3M, two 1st rounders

Celtics save around $5M this year, spend $10M extra next year with the funky contracts, then save on the last year of Green's deal. They get two more 1st rounders and another cheap, young talent in Jones. Lin and Asik can both be either kept or dealt as big expiring deals next year, and Jones will be cheap for another two years.

New lineup:

Lin
Bradley
Jones
Sullinger
Asik

+ more accelerated cap space, two more 1st round picks

NO way...we are giving up too much for Rondo and Green...if u think about it...Rondo >>> Lin & Asik (a back up C)

Yeah that's a really bad haul for Rondo and Green.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2014, 04:51:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
So Parsons is a free agent after next year (team option for next season at under $1 MM). How big of a deal do you think he will command? How much would you be willing to pay if we got him?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2014, 04:54:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
So far near the deadline only one trade finalized. At this rate, it could be the quietest trade deadline yet.

Everyone wants picks but nobody willing to give it up

I thought the 76rs would make alot more noise as well as the Jazz.  These teams are risking losing Turner and Hayward for nothing

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
So Parsons is a free agent after next year (team option for next season at under $1 MM). How big of a deal do you think he will command? How much would you be willing to pay if we got him?

It would be better for anybody that has Parsons, and can throw some money his way to do it as soon as next season. There is no way he should be making 1 million a less a year.  He is worth 5-7 million a year, easily

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
The Rockets are a terrible trade partner... I feel like a trade involving Rondo would only be worth it if you at least got Parsons and on top of that high first rounders, which the Rockets  don't have... any other trades would be a joke, and the idea that Morey wouldn't include Parsons in a deal for Rondo is a sad. Unless something really changes here like a 3rd team gets involved I'll bet this goes nowhere. DA is not a stupid man

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
If the team option is declined he'll become a RFA, at the cost of some salary eaten up on the cap.

I'm not really excited by Parsons in our current talent situation. But Rockets fans seem to think he's going to become the next PP or something with how much they love him.

Of course we had the same with many about Powe, BBD, etc...

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2014, 04:58:39 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

It would be better for anybody that has Parsons, and can throw some money his way to do it as soon as next season. There is no way he should be making 1 million a less a year.  He is worth 5-7 million a year, easily
Not how it works.