Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard Moving To Boston Celtics? Dwyane Wade Thinks So  (Read 24349 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard Moving To Boston Celtics? Dwyane Wade Thinks So
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2018, 05:00:15 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Kawhi is a better player than Harden, Westbrook and even Curry. He’s on LeBron’s and Durant’s level, but 6 and 3 years younger, respectively.

None of this is true with the exception of maybe Westbrook.

Yeah I guess defense doesn’t matter.

Kawhi is absolutely on their (LBJ, KD) level. He’s a top-3 player when healthy. You probably just look at box scores/ESPN and never watch him, so that’s understandable.

And what are the ages of LeBron, Durant, and Kawhi?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2018, 05:09:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Kawhi is a better player than Harden, Westbrook and even Curry. He’s on LeBron’s and Durant’s level, but 6 and 3 years younger, respectively.

Kawhi is absolutely on their (LBJ, KD) level. He’s a top-3 player when healthy. You probably just look at box scores/ESPN and never watch him, so that’s understandable.

Agree GreenEnvy
Kawhi, LeBron, Durant and AD are the top guys in the league
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2018, 05:20:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

First, how about responding with something of substance instead of just resorting to personal attacks.  You don't have the slightest idea how much basketball I watch, so it's best to not make silly assumptions.

Secondly, I never said defense doesn't matter.  But being a "go to" scorer who can facilitate an entire offense matters more.  And every single one of the other players you mentioned can do so, whereas Kawhi cannot.  Sure Kawhi can get his own, but he isn't as efficient, and he really is not much of a creator of offense for others.  The only reason I said Westbrook might not be better than Kawhi is because he isn't very efficient (not at an elite level), and I question how much of a team player he really is.

Lastly, I'm not sure what age has to do with who is currently a better player between LeBron, Durant, and Kawhi.  Age only matter in terms of long-term value, but that isn't what was being discussed.

The bottom line is LeBron, Durant, Davis, Harden, and Curry are all better players than Kawhi because they can do something Kawhi cannot, and that something (elite scorer/facilitator) is the most important skill in basketball.

« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2018, 05:42:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
At this point I don't want him as a Celtic

I don't understand this "his medical staff"....are you kidding me? 

A player should follow an organizations medical staff advice/referral.  Isn't there somewhere in the contract that it has to be this way or else suspension without pay?

Its one thing if he declares unfit to play but all of this "his own" team stuff is strange to say the least

He isn't even around supporting his team. Doesn't provide interviews as to how he is doing etc.

Some team may take a risk and trade for him. But Celts should not take a risk (give up Tatum for example) on a player (regardless who they are) , that does not communicate properly

« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2018, 05:58:40 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

First, how about responding with something of substance instead of just resorting to personal attacks.  You don't have the slightest idea how much basketball I watch, so it's best to not make silly assumptions.

Secondly, I never said defense doesn't matter.  But being a "go to" scorer who can facilitate an entire offense matters more.  And every single one of the other players you mentioned can do so, whereas Kawhi cannot.  Sure Kawhi can get his own, but he isn't as efficient, and he really is not much of a creator of offense for others.  The only reason I said Westbrook might not be better than Kawhi is because he isn't very efficient (not at an elite level), and I question how much of a team player he really is.

Lastly, I'm not sure what age has to do with who is currently a better player between LeBron, Durant, and Kawhi.  Age only matter in terms of long-term value, but that isn't what was being discussed.

The bottom line is LeBron, Durant, Davis, Harden, and Curry are all better players than Kawhi because they can do something Kawhi cannot, and that something (elite scorer/facilitator) is the most important skill in basketball.

I wouldn’t exactly call Westbrook and Harden “efficient” scorers, as their career percentages are noticeably lower than Kawhi’s. Curry does have a higher eFG% than Kawhi, he actually is efficient. Kawhi was the go-to scorer on an offense that posted a 121 ORtg with him scoring 27.5 per36.

His defense is clearly notches above everyone we’re discussing. I would argue the defensive gap is greater than the offensive one.

His ORtg-DRtg is significantly better than both Westbrook and Harden (and equal to Curry).

There’s no question he’s not going to put up triple doubles weekly, randomly drop 60 or splash 11 treys in a game. But he will lock down the opposing player and score 25 every night.

And as far as age, I originally posted that in reference to his value compared to other elite players regarding trading a Brown/Tatum for, and you quoted that with the reply that nothing about that is true. If you want to pick a sentence out of my post and call it untrue (in your opinion), don’t include parts that are factual.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2018, 07:58:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
This thread reminds me of all those threads where people wouldn't trade Rondo straight up for Westbrook or Paul.  Hopefully Brown and Tatum aren't Rondo but it can't just be disregarded especially since Rondo was better than Brown and Tatum at that point in time.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2018, 08:09:19 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I loved KL going into this season but this year has certainly made me sour on him some. I still think he's talented but it's hard not to raise an eyebrow at this entire situation in SA. Is he hurt? If so, it's taken him a over a year to come back from a thigh bruise? That's kind of a problem.

If not hurt, is it mental or is this really all just about him not getting a supermax deal? How does one legit get that unhappy with the best run franchise in the NBA and best coach in the NBA? There are issues there and maybe a change of scenery change that. But ask yourself this: if it was nay other star (like Lebron or KD), they would be getting crucified right now. KL is getting a major pass for basically quitting on his team. That's a serious red flag imo and considering the cost it would take to get him, you better be [dang] sure he is both healthy physically and has his head screwed on straight. All this talk about "his camp" worries me.

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2018, 08:56:11 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
In this scenario, Kawhi's silent persona works against him and in lieu of facts everyone is left to assume what is happening to him physically as a player. I wish he'd do a one-minute players tribune piece to just let us know what's wrong with him... this isn't even from a Celtics perspective... but just as a fan of the game, I'd love to know what made him shut it down after 9 games back. What is his medical team seeing that the Spurs' is ignoring/overlooking? When the stars don't play, the entire league loses.... I would love to see Kawhi in this 2-7 matchup about now without Steph

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2018, 09:07:49 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
There is no reason to have Kawhi on this team.  The C's would have to give up too much to get him when they have a guy who is becoming him and is cheaper.  No thanks.

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2018, 09:41:09 AM »

Offline mutineer33

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Let's put an end to this silly nonsense ASAP.  Kahwi quit on his team because it was a contract year. Watch how Jalen Brown is doing. I would not trade him straight up for Kahwi, and I am not one to overhype young players.

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2018, 06:50:56 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Honestly, Kawhi to Philly makes the most sense.  They could trade Fultz, Covington, Reddick, and Picks for Kawhi.

« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2018, 10:29:52 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I read today Pop won't trade Leonard to Lakers. I would guess the Celtics would be acceptable trade partners, but they would have to give up Brown or Tatum and a lot of salary fodder. Maybe they could deal Hayward for Leonard straight up. But there are injury questions for both.

My guess is nothing happens. The Celtics are in a better position than the Spurs. Their main need right now is for somebody longer than Leonard who can protect the rim and defend guys like Embiid and Davis.

« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2018, 11:04:30 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Let's put an end to this silly nonsense ASAP.  Kahwi quit on his team because it was a contract year. Watch how Jalen Brown is doing. I would not trade him straight up for Kahwi, and I am not one to overhype young players.

Brown should be in green for many years to come!

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2018, 11:05:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I read today Pop won't trade Leonard to Lakers. I would guess the Celtics would be acceptable trade partners, but they would have to give up Brown or Tatum and a lot of salary fodder. Maybe they could deal Hayward for Leonard straight up. But there are injury questions for both.

My guess is nothing happens. The Celtics are in a better position than the Spurs. Their main need right now is for somebody longer than Leonard who can protect the rim and defend guys like Embiid and Davis.

LOL...Glade you posted this ,  POps is smart , yeah that would like shooting yourself in the foot , trading your best player to your mortal enemy.   If he lets him go and Leonard probaby know this it will be to the east .  Philly has lots of players to send back Pops would love . 

Philly seems like a good landing spot , or would NY send Zinger for Leonard.  Heat doesn't have players I would want in trade and not many assets that are great .  Goatside is not a Pops type player.

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2018, 11:11:09 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Honestly, Kawhi to Philly makes the most sense.  They could trade Fultz, Covington, Reddick, and Picks for Kawhi.

Reddick on a one year contract, so that doesn't work.  Fultz is still an open question on his value.  Covington is a throw in like Crowder was, not great value in a trade of this magnitude. How many great picks do Sixers have left, assuming Laker pick is not number 1?