Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard Moving To Boston Celtics? Dwyane Wade Thinks So  (Read 24387 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard Moving To Boston Celtics? Dwyane Wade Thinks So
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2018, 10:51:02 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I expect Brown and Tatum to be better then Kawhi when it's all said and done/

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2018, 11:33:35 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
you expect Brown and Tatum to be both be top 5 players in the league?  really?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2018, 11:37:12 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Yeah, I don't agree with this either.

I would, however, prefer both Tatum and Brown on cheapish deals vs Kawhi on the Supermax.

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Top 20  is enough reason not to trade for him. With Embiid in the east we need a big. Keep Brown and Tatum while cheap. Embiid must be countered or we will not get out of the east we need our DJ to neutralize him.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2018, 12:51:17 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
OK so is Kawhi really top 5? We surely have LeBron, Curry and Durant above him. Then we have a current MVP lock in Harden and a most recent MVP in Westbrook to consider. That doesn't take into account AD either.
Kawhi has been great in the Spurs system and in one finals he did an MVP job guarding LeBron. But let's not act like Kawhi is a guy that comes around once a generation.

Tatum and Brown has legit chances to reach the top 10 bracket and their skills complement each other well. They also fit the timeline of Kyrie and Gordon, particularly if this year is anything to go by.

It's not an unsound ascertain to want to keep Tatum and Brown for the long run, especially when their rookie contracts are taken into account.

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
OK so is Kawhi really top 5? We surely have LeBron, Curry and Durant above him. Then we have a current MVP lock in Harden and a most recent MVP in Westbrook to consider. That doesn't take into account AD either.
Kawhi has been great in the Spurs system and in one finals he did an MVP job guarding LeBron. But let's not act like Kawhi is a guy that comes around once a generation.

Tatum and Brown has legit chances to reach the top 10 bracket and their skills complement each other well. They also fit the timeline of Kyrie and Gordon, particularly if this year is anything to go by.

It's not an unsound ascertain to want to keep Tatum and Brown for the long run, especially when their rookie contracts are taken into account.
The last 3 seasons, Kawhi finished 10th, 2nd, and 3rd in MVP voting.  In those seasons he won DPOY twice and finished 3rd last year.  He was 1st team All NBA the last two seasons, while also being 1st Team All Defense all 3 of those seasons (he was 2nd team all defense 4 seasons ago).  So yeah, Kawhi is a top 5 player in the league, or at least he was at least the last 2 seasons if not the last 3 before getting hurt.

Kawhi is a much better fit in the Gordon and Kyrie timeline as he is right between them age wise.  He thus would maximize Boston's window over the next 3 years and would make a lot better use of the rest of Al's prime. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2018, 01:21:46 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Would this get it done:

Jaylen Brown
Terry Rozier
Marcus Morris
Daniel Theis
Guerschon Yabusele
2019 Grizzlies pick
2019 King’s pick
2019 Celtics pick

Kyrie
Gordon
Kawhi
Al

Big four plus Jayson Tatum still.  That’s a true championship contender.

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2018, 01:26:01 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

The last 3 seasons, Kawhi finished 10th, 2nd, and 3rd in MVP voting.  In those seasons he won DPOY twice and finished 3rd last year.  He was 1st team All NBA the last two seasons, while also being 1st Team All Defense all 3 of those seasons (he was 2nd team all defense 4 seasons ago).  So yeah, Kawhi is a top 5 player in the league, or at least he was at least the last 2 seasons if not the last 3 before getting hurt.

Kawhi is a much better fit in the Gordon and Kyrie timeline as he is right between them age wise.  He thus would maximize Boston's window over the next 3 years and would make a lot better use of the rest of Al's prime.

Assuming he's healthy....

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I do think it is likely Tatum will be a top 5 player in his prime.

I do not expect Brown to ever reach that level.

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2018, 01:52:05 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Kawhi is a better player than Harden, Westbrook and even Curry. He’s on LeBron’s and Durant’s level, but 6 and 3 years younger, respectively.

Tatum and Brown may have a chance at becoming elite players, but Kawhi is unquestionably already there.

I wouldn’t trade both, but I would trade one. They look like they are gonna be great players, but Kawhi can turn us from contenders to the favorites imo.

The only reason Ainge shouldn’t pull the trigger is if the asking price is higher than one of them plus fillers or serious concerns over the salary cap/him resigning here.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2018, 01:58:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

Ideally, you want the youngest, cheapest players possible that still allow you to compete for a title. Tatum and Brown are quickly proving they are plenty good enough to be the complementary 'stars' next to Kyrie/Hayward/Horford. It's better to have guys like Tatum and Brown that are already this good while still so young. That way as the trio of Kyrie/Hayward/Horford age Tatum and Brown can take over as the teams top two players.

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2018, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

Kawhi is a better player than Harden, Westbrook and even Curry. He’s on LeBron’s and Durant’s level, but 6 and 3 years younger, respectively.

None of this is true with the exception of maybe Westbrook.

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2018, 03:00:14 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I think Tatum has Durant/Pierce "hybrid" potential. (He will be THAT good)

Brown has Kawhi potential. (Slightly weaker than Kawhi on defense BUT more athleticism)

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2018, 03:37:43 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Brown has Kawhi potential. (Slightly weaker than Kawhi on defense BUT more athleticism)

I don't think you are far off. I thought of Jimmy Butler with Jaylen Brown, but Brown looks really good and is really young. I do think Brown and Tatum are going to be all stars when they're 26.

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2018, 03:44:49 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I don't think you are far off. I thought of Jimmy Butler with Jaylen Brown, but Brown looks really good and is really young. I do think Brown and Tatum are going to be all stars when they're 26.

Yeah I originally thought of Brown as becoming the next J. Butler as well.

But he's grown on me even more this season. Even if he doesn't reach that Kawhi-ceiling, I think we have our own Jimmy Butler in Jaylen (w/slightly better athleticism and 3 pt. shot)  ;D

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller