Author Topic: Monta Ellis  (Read 3616 times)

Re: Monta Ellis
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Just bring back Green now, apply for the DPE, and cut somebody if there is a buyout later in the year. Green won the 'best teammate' award this past season. He may not be a 20 ppg threat, but he will really help the locker room with his positivity and leadership. I get that the Cs are grooming Nader for the Green role, but our team just lost a very important veteran and we are desperately in need of non-rookie players.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:59:58 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 10:53:48 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Just bring back Green now, apply the DPE, and cut somebody if there is a buyout later in the year. Green won the 'best teammate' award this past season. He may not be a 20 ppg threat, but he will really help the locker room with his positivity and leadership. I get that the Cs are grooming Nader for the Green role, but our team just lost a very important veteran and we are desperately in need of non-rookie players.

Don't think we'll get a DPE, but Gerald is available for the minimum. He's a great guy to have around young hot shots, both as a mentor and story of caution...once high flying prospect drawing T-Mac comps that quickly and unceremoniously ends up, literally, playing in Siberia. Glad he ended up putting in the work. Hard to believe there's no spot for him in the league.

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 11:26:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
NERLENS!!!!!
dallas would probably ask for that lakers/kings pick which i'm sure danny would not give

Nerlens can and will veto any trade.

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 02:04:35 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
They need to replace a reliable scoring threat, but don't think they need another guard. I'd like to see them bring back Brandon Bass. Yes, I realize that would be a mega-unpopular choice in this group.

I feel with all the spacing this team creates, he'd surely score his share of points. A Boston Globe write-up earlier this summer indicated he's improved since leaving the Celtics. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2017/07/29/been-difficult-two-years-for-brandon-bass-trying-reinvent-himself/5oUUZ5WNVUfMNZIwS9CvXP/story.html

I think you are talking about Bass from the past, a least 5 years ago.

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 02:47:03 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
They need to replace a reliable scoring threat, but don't think they need another guard. I'd like to see them bring back Brandon Bass. Yes, I realize that would be a mega-unpopular choice in this group.

I feel with all the spacing this team creates, he'd surely score his share of points. A Boston Globe write-up earlier this summer indicated he's improved since leaving the Celtics. 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2017/07/29/been-difficult-two-years-for-brandon-bass-trying-reinvent-himself/5oUUZ5WNVUfMNZIwS9CvXP/story.html

Not necessarily true. He was averaging over 5 points in 11 minutes last year, on really efficient shooting. Not saying he's what we need, but he's still productive
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 09:33:12 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just bring back Green now, apply the DPE, and cut somebody if there is a buyout later in the year. Green won the 'best teammate' award this past season. He may not be a 20 ppg threat, but he will really help the locker room with his positivity and leadership. I get that the Cs are grooming Nader for the Green role, but our team just lost a very important veteran and we are desperately in need of non-rookie players.

Don't think we'll get a DPE, but Gerald is available for the minimum. He's a great guy to have around young hot shots, both as a mentor and story of caution...once high flying prospect drawing T-Mac comps that quickly and unceremoniously ends up, literally, playing in Siberia. Glad he ended up putting in the work. Hard to believe there's no spot for him in the league.

I think Green is the best choice now wit the open roster spot.   He is a vet that can hit the outside shot, knows the offense and will not expect to get minutes over Brown and Tatum.   (plus he can be used at PF for short stretches)

If the Celtics get a DPE, wait for a trade or a buyout.   Nothing out there now really helps. 

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 02:43:58 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19

Bass Signed a deal in China , so he's out. Not sure how many of you are so quick to declare Ellis "cooked" or done where as just 2 years ago he's averaged 18 ppg , even during his "bad" year in indiana last year he put up 8.9 ppg. He's absolutely and upgrade to Larkin but whatever. I do agree we need help up front but other than signing Roy Hibbert and praying he's found the fountain of youth, there's really no bigs available.

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 04:09:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Bass Signed a deal in China , so he's out. Not sure how many of you are so quick to declare Ellis "cooked" or done where as just 2 years ago he's averaged 18 ppg , even during his "bad" year in indiana last year he put up 8.9 ppg. He's absolutely and upgrade to Larkin but whatever. I do agree we need help up front but other than signing Roy Hibbert and praying he's found the fountain of youth, there's really no bigs available.

I honestly don't care much about adding bigs. We have the Center position covered with Horford, Baynes, and Theis. We also have enough big wings (guys who can play PF) in Morris, Tatum, Yabusele, and Ojeleye.

Hayward was such a major loss because he was the centerpiece of our entire offense and was best equipped to match up with the league's best SFs. Like I said, I would love to add G Green for stability, but players who play like Hayward aren't currently available as FAs and likely won't be buy-out candidates either. Our best hope is just for him to get better at this point.

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2017, 10:02:46 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
NERLENS!!!!!
dallas would probably ask for that lakers/kings pick which i'm sure danny would not give

Nerlens can and will veto any trade.

Not sure he would Veto a trade to a young Celtics team with this much upside.  It's hard to envision a better scenario for him then a team that has Kyrie (25), Brown (20), Tatum (19) and Hayward (27) as a young core for the future - he'd fit right in not only now, but for the foreseeable future too. 

Throw in the fact that we have Al Horford - who's offensive minded skillset is a perfect compliment to Noel, who's experience makes him the perfect short term mentor for Noel, and who's career path also matches up perfect (as Noel develops, Horford is fading off). 

Then on top of that you have Brad Stevens as a coach he could learn tons from, and Danny Ainge - the GM who will stop at nothing to add talent and build a winner.

Or he can stay in Dallas, and wait for Dirk to retire and for the team to become entirely irrelevant as a result, and go through another rebuild nightmare just like what he suffered in Philly.

I know what I'd do.