Author Topic: Anybody watching the broadcast of E3? (video games)  (Read 15673 times)

Re: Anybody watching the broadcast of E3? (video games)
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2013, 03:07:01 AM »

Kiorrik

Microsoft got exclusive content for CoD and Battlefield 4.

COD and Battlefield 4 aren't for Xbox exclusively right? The PS4 page on Sony's website shows both as upcoming games.
His initial statement, I think (not 100% sure), isn't quire correct.

I believe they were talking about *timed* exclusives. This means the upcoming downloadable content for these games will be released on XBox -first-. It *will* however, come to the PS4 as well, just at a later point in time.

This has been the case for quite a while now.

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2013, 01:28:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 11:43:12 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2013, 12:14:26 AM »

Kiorrik

And we all thought Microsoft is done being screwed, they just self inflicted some more wounds.
Oh man.

I read about that quote, and thought it was a silly thing to say. To hear HIM say it, in such an oblivious way, with the reporter even going "so you mean to say 'stick with the 360'?" and then confirm that... wow.

Guy's thick.

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 12:17:21 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
And we all thought Microsoft is done being screwed, they just self inflicted some more wounds.
Oh man.

I read about that quote, and thought it was a silly thing to say. To hear HIM say it, in such an oblivious way, with the reporter even going "so you mean to say 'stick with the 360'?" and then confirm that... wow.

Guy's thick.

I can't believe Microsoft are hiring people like him and Adam Orth.

Yep, they are XBOX done.

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2013, 12:18:28 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Oh man.

Guy's thick.

The entire company is.  Between DRM, required internet connectivity, the price point, and the new announcement that the XBox 1 won't be playable in many countries at launch, Microsoft has rolled this new system out in just about the worst way possible.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 12:21:38 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Oh man.

Guy's thick.

The entire company is.  Between DRM, required internet connectivity, the price point, and the new announcement that the XBox 1 won't be playable in many countries at launch, Microsoft has rolled this new system out in just about the worst way possible.

It's not playable in Japan. A big video game country and it's not playable there. Very genius.

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 12:24:36 AM »

Kiorrik

Actually, I've never liked Microsoft's gaming products that much. I've got all 3 playstations, and about 90% of all Nintendo products. 0 Xboxes.

So seeing Microsoft's "always online" & "always on" Kinect features SMACK BANG in the middle of the biggest NSA/FBI wiretapping/privacy-rights riots in the history of mankind...

Yeah, awesome. Go MS :]

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
They are pretty much being saved by Halo and Gears. But with this backlash, chances are most of those "exclusive" title might be heading to PS4 in the near future if this negative feedback continues on.

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 01:13:03 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Looks like I'm going back to the Sony PS4 it is. :)

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 03:10:49 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Excited for Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. And the fact I hate the Playstation controller means I probably won't be able to go the PS4 route.

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 05:39:02 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Excited for Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. And the fact I hate the Playstation controller means I probably won't be able to go the PS4 route.

I'm not a fan of the PS3's controllers, but that's really the only thing that I don't like about the system. I don't buy many new games and I've had my share of internet problems. So now that you can't play games without being on the net and you can't buy used games the Xbox one simply isn't the system for me. Also the PS3's exclusives have been more my type than the 360's. Not to mention, that the 360 was pretty defective and prone to all type of hardware failure. Mines is a piece of trash at this point, that can hardly play games at this point I'm just waiting on the next gen systems. In short I've really been dying to jump ship.

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 05:55:16 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
sad that Titan Fall is i think MS exclusive, wanted to play that one.

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 07:43:57 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

I'm not a fan of the PS3's controllers, but that's really the only thing that I don't like about the system. I don't buy many new games and I've had my share of internet problems. So now that you can't play games without being on the net and you can't buy used games the Xbox one simply isn't the system for me. Also the PS3's exclusives have been more my type than the 360's. Not to mention, that the 360 was pretty defective and prone to all type of hardware failure. Mines is a piece of trash at this point, that can hardly play games at this point I'm just waiting on the next gen systems. In short I've really been dying to jump ship.

Bam, problem solved.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class