Author Topic: All about Greg Monroe  (Read 7226 times)

Re: All about Greg Monroe
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 12:46:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Terrence Jones and Derrick Favors are two guys who I think could work next to Monroe.  Faried could be interesting, too, but it would require him developing a jumper.

In the draft, maybe Looney or Harrell?  If Looney could ever come close to his potential as a Lamar Odom type that would be perfect.

I like Favors and Faried to for that matter.  Maybe work out some sort of Favors for Sully deal, and I might be on board with this.

Don't see it happening.  Favors is really, really good, and the Hayward-Favors-Gobert combo played really well together last year.  The Jazz just need to make the other pieces work and they'll have a team that can win a lot of games.
Jazz also have drafted exum and Burke in the last 2 years in the top 10.

I think they believe
Exum

Hayward
Favors
Gobert

is the 1,3,4,5 of the future and I think they would be right in believing that. All young good players. They just need a 2 gaurd. Perhaps Kelly Oubre in the  draft? maybe pray Hood turns into something nice.

hopefully they think AB is the answer, but I doubt that highly.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: All about Greg Monroe
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 06:26:55 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
He's number three on my list.  Jordan, a call to the Sixers to see if Noel can be had, and Monroe.  Of course, still need a scoring SF.

I definitely understand where you're coming from  - no doubt that Jordan and Noel would both help fill a huge hole for us on defence with their rim protection.

To be honest though, I'm still pretty 50/50 on whether I'd choose them over Monroe. 

I feel like Jordan is in the absolute best possible fit scenario right now, and his game drops off significantly if he comes to Boston.  He's a very limited offensive player who's entire offense pretty much comes off lobs and put-backs, so I feel like he fits best on a team that has a ton of scoring and an elite passer - two things the Clippers have that we don't.  Back when we had Rondo I could really see this working, but now I'm not so sure.  It's a risk I think given that he's certain to demand a max contract.

On the other hand I feel that Monroe is in the opposite scenario.  He's in about the worst position he can be in right now in Detroit, playing PF alongside another big who is fairly slow AND completely lacking in offensive range.  Plus he's on a team that doesn't have much history recently at developing talent (or using it properly).  I think if he comes to Boston now, at 24, his game would see significant improvements while he's here and his value will go up.  By the time we are ready to really make noise in 2-3 years he'll be starting to get in to his prime years, and his contract (due to the new cap) would be a major bargain.

Monroe might not fill all of our needs, but I think if we signed him we would find that 2-3 years from now he'll be the best player out of that trio, and DA would find guys to build up around him.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:56:13 PM by crimson_stallion »