Author Topic: Hey, remember that time...  (Read 3341 times)

Hey, remember that time...
« on: June 11, 2018, 03:47:35 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
"Hey, remember that time when Boston fans were begging LeBron James to join them?"

"Nah, Boston fans are too prideful for that man."

"No I'm serious."

"No way... That guy is on Bostons most hated list. There's no way Celtics fans would be that mercenary. You must be getting confused."

"Dude, I'm telling you. It was that one summer where they got to the conference finals without Irving or Hayward. Then they were like, let's trade one for LeBron and take down the Warriors!"

"You see, now I know you're lying. There's no way Boston fans would endorse that kind of move. Giving up a team orientated star for the LeBron circus... C'mon man...."

"It's true! Look let me find the evidence..."

(shows 100s of CelticsBlog threads...)

"I told you"

"Well gee, I guess it is true. Real shame that, I thought Boston was a proper sports city"

"Everything's a sellout these days. Not like the good old days..."

"At least they didn't get him. Did you see how he quit on the Rockets again this year against Golden State? And I hear he's leaving to join the Lakers in the summer"

"Yeah they sure dodged a bullet. Kyrie is killing it though, the way he dismantled Curry in the finals. And that Tatum kid, he's already getting comparisons to MJ! Two from two in the finals!"

I was bored...  :laugh:

Re: Hey, remember that time...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 05:12:13 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
And if he joined us we'd likely go 16-0 in the playoffs.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 06:11:29 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think even if we added LeBron without sacrificing a single asset, the Warriors could still beat us.  That's how historically loaded that Warrior team is.  Two generational MVP talents.  Three of the greatest shooters of all time.  It wouldn't be easy.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 06:16:53 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think even if we added LeBron without sacrificing a single asset, the Warriors could still beat us.  That's how historically loaded that Warrior team is.  Two generational MVP talents.  Three of the greatest shooters of all time.  It wouldn't be easy.
Are you freakin serious man? That Warriors team wouldn’t stand a chance
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 06:24:10 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
That's a nice story out there. ;D

Let's make it a reality next season.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 07:16:33 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

The Warriors would not have a chance.  Irving, Brown, Hayward, Lebron, Horford with Tatum, Baynes, Morris, Smart, and Rozier coming off the bench.  Lebron is so far head and shoulders above anyone else that I don't think you could put together any all NBA team that could defeat them.

Of course it's impossible to add Lebron without trading away other players.  But if you traded away Irving and Morris like some have suggested, the team would still be near invincible.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 07:24:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Imo Bron is the better generational talent, and we have the versatility as well as star power to stifle the rest of GSW's studs. It would be easier than most people believe, the Rockets took the Warriors to 7 and would've likely won with CP3 healthy: people credit the Warriors for their 3rd quarter runs but CP3 being there would've prevented that at least for one game for the Rockets to get into the finals. If the Rockets can beat the Warriors, who says a heatlhy Celtics team with Bron cannot and do so handily?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 07:29:26 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yes, but only if Lebron conformed to the Celtics style and changed his game quite a bit.  I don't think all of our other guys would look so good if Lebron continued to play point guard and dribble the ball near half court for half of the shot clock like he has been doing.  That's the main reason I don't want Lebron on the Celtics.  I don't think he will change until he is incapable of doing the things that he can currently do.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 07:38:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think there are some that would like him coming and here and some that would despise the move.  Either way, he has about two more good years as I see it if that.   He is not dunking as much and having to pick and choose his spots.   He is getting tired and that is the first sign of old age.

Rather be a contender for years, than one or two titles.  Our young guys are going to improve.

No young player has ever developed well next to LeBron
.   Kyrie has a few years before he got there.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 09:30:02 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think what the pro-LeBUM supporters forget is that IF he joins the C's, we would cease to be a TEAM.  If you like "give the ball to LeBUM and get out of the way" then go root for the Cavs.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 09:32:37 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I think what the pro-LeBUM supporters forget is that IF he joins the C's, we would cease to be a TEAM.  If you like "give the ball to LeBUM and get out of the way" then go root for the Cavs.
For all the pride we put ourselves on being a team, can't we integrate Bron into the system? Couldn't the same be said for Kyrie last year, who was perceived as more of an iso guy and scorer who hogged the ball a bit? The Bron hate here is real and it's just as ridiculous as what you guys claim the Bron supporters are if not worse.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 09:37:30 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I think there are some that would like him coming and here and some that would despise the move.  Either way, he has about two more good years as I see it if that.   He is not dunking as much and having to pick and choose his spots.   He is getting tired and that is the first sign of old age.

Rather be a contender for years, than one or two titles.  Our young guys are going to improve.

No young player has ever developed well next to LeBron
.   Kyrie has a few years before he got there.
Well most of us aren't advocating trading the whole farm for him. And he's likely to last longer than 2-3 years if he plays less minutes overall due to Brad being a wizard at managing minutes. And I don't see our youngsters' growth being stunted, so we're admitting our "culture" and "celtic pride" is no match for one player that'll likely want to integrate into our system for the sake of himself and the team? Pretty surprising because I thought we considered ourselves as a better organization than the rest, a franchise with a real foundation and history
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 10:24:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Yeah I'm serious.  You give LeBron this supporting cast and the Warriors might still be the favorites. 

One could argue KD is better than LeBron at this point.  Steph is better than Kyrie.  You can argue Klay is better than whatever is left of Hayward.  Draymond is better than Horford.  We'd have the edge with Tatum and to a lesser extent Brown, but there's only one basketball... and as long as you're going against a team composed of three of the greatest shooters in NBA history, you're not going to easily win.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 10:46:37 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Yeah I'm serious.  You give LeBron this supporting cast and the Warriors might still be the favorites. 

One could argue KD is better than LeBron at this point.  Steph is better than Kyrie.  You can argue Klay is better than whatever is left of Hayward.  Draymond is better than Horford.  We'd have the edge with Tatum and to a lesser extent Brown, but there's only one basketball... and as long as you're going against a team composed of three of the greatest shooters in NBA history, you're not going to easily win.

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 10:51:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Lebron is better than KD. One couldn’t argue otherwise without coming off as foolish. Kyrie and Curry are incredibly close. You have no clue what Hayward will be like when he returns, but if he’s ‘16-‘17 Hayward I take him over Klay comfortably. And Draymond is equal to Al at best. He’s hilariously overrated.

I don’t get you at all. You’re arguing that they’d be more talented, which is untrue anyway, but even if they are we just beat two teams with considerably more talent than us these playoffs lead by Al Horford and some kids, under a coach who is still learning. You don’t seriously rate GSW this highly, do you?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)