Author Topic: Would you trade Rondo For..  (Read 22160 times)

Re: Would you trade Rondo For..
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
just for kicks and giggles, who says no to this trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cqewvxg

Rondo, Lee, Sullinger

for

Love, Rubio
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2012, 11:04:23 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Right now I'd pull the trigger for Cousins or Love , in a NEW YORK sec. ;D   we look so old and near dead

I would not for Love. Good player on a bad team syndrome.  Love IMHO does not have the offensive talent to be a go-to scorer for a contending team.  He's a volume shooter who puts points on the board via a high number of shot attempts, but he has no post up game and his jump shot is nowhere near as impressive as people seem to believe (check his shooting percentages from three and midrange, you'll see what I mean). 

Cousins is IMHO a far more versatile player offensive and is capable of scoring in the post or with the jump shot.  He's more athletic then Love and physically stronger as well.  Much more upside IMO.  I don't believe replacing Rondo with Kevin Love would make this team any better at all.

Wow, Kevin Love would be very interesting. Alongside KG. The offensive punch of those two together. The rebounding upgrade for the team.

The team could start Avery Bradley in Rondo's stead. Maybe Terry alongside him in a two guard backcourt. Very different type of offensive team. A PG centric to a non-PG centric offense overnight. Run the offense through the big men in the high post. Pierce on the wing as a secondary playmaker. Terry as an additional creator off the dribble. Workable.

Anyway ... Minnesota would never trade Love for Rondo. They have Rubio.

Agreed -- likely a fruitless endeavor unless a third team gets involved (who inevitably would want Love over Rondo anyway).

By the way, there's a lot of talk in this thread about Rondo being a 'superstar' and a 'top 10 player'. There's also been talk about him as an MVP candidate around the blog.

There are a number of reasons why this is a myth, most notably you can't go to him in the 4th quarter -- the combination of poor shooting and inability to make FTs (and therefore go to the basket in crunchtime) being a big one.

(Side note: This is a big reason we see those frustrating Pierce heaves at the end of games... Rondo's hesitant to push for more of those shots / plays -- despite all the talk of this now being his team -- because he doesn't really want them.)

Rondo is an excellent player, but this thread as I understand it is about his value in the market. And to this point, he would have a very hard time cracking the top 10 players NBA GMs would trade for.

Jeff -- Minny says no, but I'd say yes!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:20:32 AM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2012, 07:33:51 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Right now I'd pull the trigger for Cousins or Love , in a NEW YORK sec. ;D   we look so old and near dead

I would not for Love. Good player on a bad team syndrome.  Love IMHO does not have the offensive talent to be a go-to scorer for a contending team.  He's a volume shooter who puts points on the board via a high number of shot attempts, but he has no post up game and his jump shot is nowhere near as impressive as people seem to believe (check his shooting percentages from three and midrange, you'll see what I mean). 

Cousins is IMHO a far more versatile player offensive and is capable of scoring in the post or with the jump shot.  He's more athletic then Love and physically stronger as well.  Much more upside IMO.  I don't believe replacing Rondo with Kevin Love would make this team any better at all.

Wow, Kevin Love would be very interesting. Alongside KG. The offensive punch of those two together. The rebounding upgrade for the team.

The team could start Avery Bradley in Rondo's stead. Maybe Terry alongside him in a two guard backcourt. Very different type of offensive team. A PG centric to a non-PG centric offense overnight. Run the offense through the big men in the high post. Pierce on the wing as a secondary playmaker. Terry as an additional creator off the dribble. Workable.

Anyway ... Minnesota would never trade Love for Rondo. They have Rubio.

Agreed -- likely a fruitless endeavor unless a third team gets involved (who inevitably would want Love over Rondo anyway).

By the way, there's a lot of talk in this thread about Rondo being a 'superstar' and a 'top 10 player'. There's also been talk about him as an MVP candidate around the blog.

There are a number of reasons why this is a myth, most notably you can't go to him in the 4th quarter -- the combination of poor shooting and inability to make FTs (and therefore go to the basket in crunchtime) being a big one.

(Side note: This is a big reason we see those frustrating Pierce heaves at the end of games... Rondo's hesitant to push for more of those shots / plays -- despite all the talk of this now being his team -- because he doesn't really want them.)

Rondo is an excellent player, but this thread as I understand it is about his value in the market. And to this point, he would have a very hard time cracking the top 10 players NBA GMs would trade for.

Jeff -- Minny says no, but I'd say yes!

Just curious, who would your top ten be?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Rondo, Lee, Sullinger

for

Love, Rubio

Do I get an ext for Love?

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 09:30:49 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
How about one of these deals with Milwaukee:

Rondo for Jennings, Larry Sanders and Mbah a Moute....or..

Rondo and Lee for Ellis, Sanders and Mbah a Moute ...or...

Rondo and Bass for Ellis, Sanders and Mbah a Moute?

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2012, 12:26:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Not going to trade KG..period....chances of trading PP are slim ..its very unpopular....

Keep Rondo and wait for KG and PP to retire. Then find a NEW star.

Or Trade Rondo now for a good Center to make a run with PP and KG , Avery and Sully.

I just don't think Bass, Green , Lee are worth anybody significant , but maybe Gortat or Jefferson at best. ???

Either Trade Rondo ...or keep him and stay a .500 team till KG and PP retire. ???

Without a trade I see the Celtics stuck in the land of the:LAND of the LOST NBA teams"

Maybe Fab Melo will met Aliens who will give him instant great NBA basketball skills  ;D 

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Jason Thompson, I. Thomas, Tyreke EvanS, and Demarcus Cousins.

Just would you or wouldn't you keep it simple. Let's say Sac loves Rondo and they are into this deal. Would you trade away Super Rajon for that package.

Yes.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Rondo, Lee, Sullinger

for

Love, Rubio
If you thought Rondo had issues with his shot, you'd love Rubio  ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2012, 03:35:59 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Rondo, Lee, Sullinger

for

Love, Rubio

Not the Wolves, unfortunately.  I don't think there is anyone they would trade Rubio for right now. 

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2012, 04:24:14 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Rondo, Lee, Sullinger

for

Love, Rubio

Not the Wolves, unfortunately.  I don't think there is anyone they would trade Rubio for right now.

Rubio has to be the most famous average player. Before he set foot on an NBA court the hype surrounding him was absurd. The guy was average in Europe, and judging by his rookie year he will average in the NBA. As far as Love goes I see him as an overrated stat-stuffer. He puts historical number almost every game with little to no impact on the game. His defense also leaves a lot to be desired. Big Baby schooled him last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlppC2RfPwM

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2012, 04:35:39 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Rondo doesn't net you Jennings plus two players, especially one being Sanders.

For the rest, Bucks would not be willing to make a 1-2 out of Rondo and Jennings, so, they'd say no.

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2012, 05:05:15 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Rondo for Paul Milsap

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Rondo doesn't net you Jennings plus two players, especially one being Sanders.

For the rest, Bucks would not be willing to make a 1-2 out of Rondo and Jennings, so, they'd say no.

Dead wrong. Milwaukee would take deal one, then when the papers came through, the whole front office would record their own remake of the "Super Bowl Shuffle" at the Karaoke Bar while doing copious Jagerbombs toasting Danny Ainge, then post it to YouTube.

One problem for them: the Cs would never consider it.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »

fitzhickey

Rondo, Lee, Sullinger

for

Love, Rubio

Rubio has to be the most famous average player. Before he set foot on an NBA court the hype surrounding him was absurd. The guy was average in Europe, and judging by his rookie year he will average in the NBA. As far as Love goes I see him as an overrated stat-stuffer. He puts historical number almost every game with little to no impact on the game. His defense also leaves a lot to be desired. Big Baby schooled him last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlppC2RfPwM
Yah, tp. They are both overrated in my mind

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 05:21:42 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Did you guys see Rubio's assist to Steamer the other night?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf3kkhon4HA

He's a one-of-a-kind passer with great court vision who doesn't shoot very well. He's also very young, with plenty of time to improve.

Gee, that sounds like something I've heard a lot the last few years... ;)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.