Author Topic: 2017-18 NBA Season  (Read 200077 times)

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season
« Reply #2025 on: April 11, 2018, 11:12:23 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If you're Minny, you explore all options of trading Wiggins this offseason, right? KAT and Butler have to the be the core and you need to surround them with more shooting. Either that or Wiggins has to become the defense stopper he's physically capable of being. He's just too passive defensively and inefficient offensively to work there as is.

Yeah, that was a horrible contract. More to the point, who's going to want him?

Harsh.  I'm sure his family loves him.  And then there's always Sacto or NYK.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2026 on: April 11, 2018, 11:18:26 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
If you're Minny, you explore all options of trading Wiggins this offseason, right? KAT and Butler have to the be the core and you need to surround them with more shooting. Either that or Wiggins has to become the defense stopper he's physically capable of being. He's just too passive defensively and inefficient offensively to work there as is.

He's barely 23 and has a career 19.7ppg average while missing two games in 4 seasons.

I'm sure plenty of teams would take him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #2027 on: April 11, 2018, 11:23:22 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

He's barely 23 and has a career 19.7ppg average while missing two games in 4 seasons.

Idk, maybe it's just me, but I've always seen him as a "the lights are on but nobody's home" type of player. He has all the physical tools, but the motor is severely lacking, if he even has one, at all, not to mention the fact that he hasn't improved since he's entered the league, imo.

« Reply #2028 on: April 11, 2018, 11:30:11 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Idk, maybe it's just me, but I've always seen him as a "the lights are on but nobody's home" type of player. He has all the physical tools, but the motor is severely lacking, if he even has one, at all, not to mention the fact that he hasn't improved since he entered the league, imo.

Eh, he definitely regressed this season but I think that has more to do with his role with Butler and Thibs.

He has all the tools to be a great player. He's a fair FT shooter and can hit the 3 (but could do it more consistently). He's extremely athletic and still very young.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #2029 on: April 11, 2018, 11:38:51 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Idk, maybe it's just me, but I've always seen him as a "the lights are on but nobody's home" type of player. He has all the physical tools, but the motor is severely lacking, if he even has one, at all, not to mention the fact that he hasn't improved since he's entered the league, imo.

Teams can sell themselves on potential. And its not like he's a terrible player, he's a 20 point scorer. He's just s terrible fit there. On a team like that, your 3rd guy has to buy into his role and have the BBIQ to adapt his game to fit the team's needs ala Chris Bosh. I don't see that in him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2030 on: April 11, 2018, 11:40:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Idk, maybe it's just me, but I've always seen him as a "the lights are on but nobody's home" type of player. He has all the physical tools, but the motor is severely lacking, if he even has one, at all, not to mention the fact that he hasn't improved since he entered the league, imo.

Eh, he definitely regressed this season but I think that has more to do with his role with Butler and Thibs.

He has all the tools to be a great player. He's a fair FT shooter and can hit the 3 (but could do it more consistently). He's extremely athletic and still very young.

Oh I definitely agree about his regression, aside from whenever he plays against Lebron, lol, so that's awesome, but he just doesn't seem to have the mentality of someone, like, say, Jaylen Brown, not to mention the fact that Wiggin is just too one-dimensional, for me, and I don't think that Towns has that fire, either.

Granted, he puts up great numbers, but he just doesn't strike me as having that kind of dominant personality that is needed to get the most out of his talent, imo, which is the biggest difference between him and Embiid, for example. Put the latter on the Timberwolves, for example, and even without Butler, they'd make the playoffs, but maybe I'm wrong.

« Reply #2031 on: April 11, 2018, 11:41:37 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Brooklyn trade 3 future firsts for Teague and Wiggins.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2032 on: April 12, 2018, 12:05:38 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

a good chunk of CB believes wiggins is worth the contract baaing it on numbers when even most wolves fans arent high on him. Just check out wolves reddit or canis hoopus.

« Reply #2033 on: April 12, 2018, 12:08:17 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Teams can sell themselves on potential. And its not like he's a terrible player, he's a 20 point scorer. He's just s terrible fit there. On a team like that, your 3rd guy has to buy into his role and have the BBIQ to adapt his game to fit the team's needs ala Chris Bosh. I don't see that in him.

I agree on potential, but do you think that they'd be able to swallow that contract? Admittedly, I never think about this, lol, but which teams would line up to get him, so to speak, in your view?

« Reply #2034 on: April 12, 2018, 12:24:40 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Look what I got in our celticsblog mock deadline for him. I was able to get Kemba Walker AND a 1st rounder. I had to take back Batum, but I was also able to get rid of Teague and Muhhammad. It's not like his contract makes him untradable, he still has value.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #2035 on: April 12, 2018, 12:30:20 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Fultz had a triple double in 25 mins tonight.  What a ridiculous assembly of young talent.

« Reply #2036 on: April 12, 2018, 12:36:16 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Lol. Who would have figured sterling brown couldn't stop him?

« Reply #2037 on: April 12, 2018, 12:52:18 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Lol. Who would have figured sterling brown couldn't stop him?

Eh, who cares.  His yips were serious.  I'm surprised he has shown flashes at all this year.  If Embiid stays healthy, you don't think they'll be a future problem?

« Reply #2038 on: April 12, 2018, 12:55:36 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Fultz had a triple double in 25 mins tonight.  What a ridiculous assembly of young talent.

I know Fultz had a really rough start, but in the last few weeks he has been showing some signs of being the elite player that lots of people thought he was.  Philly may not win a series this year, but if Embiid stays healthy they are going to be battling us for best in the east for the next 5 years.

« Reply #2039 on: April 12, 2018, 12:57:34 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Look what I got in our celticsblog mock deadline for him. I was able to get Kemba Walker AND a 1st rounder. I had to take back Batum, but I was also able to get rid of Teague and Muhhammad. It's not like his contract makes him untradable, he still has value.
Dude...what you can get for a player in a fantasy draft/basketball game against, who the heck knows.....possibly little kids or uninformed/inexperienced/unintelligent people and what you can trade Wiggins for when dealing with actual professional basketball executives and experts are two different things. If you really think Wiggins is the same value as what you got for him in a fantasy basketball game, I don't know what to tell you except to stop playing 2K18 so much.