Author Topic: Didn't agree with the modding here.  (Read 5175 times)

Didn't agree with the modding here.
« on: March 11, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Just curious what other's think of this as a potential roster for next season.

C-Okafor
PF-Johnson
SF-Pierce
SG-???
PG-Rondo

Bench
Bradley
Moore
Pick#14 (Minny)
Pick#18 (Bos)
Pick#25 (LAC)

Additionally, we'd have about $10m in cap space if we renounced everyone else.

Haha priceless.

wow I just got a warning for posting this picture because it is mocking other posters?

The guys asked what we thought about this potential roster and I answer with a puking picture so I get a warning? How is that mocking , I would seriously puke if that was our roster next year, I didn't call  the poster dumb or anything ....

[Edited. -RH]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:11:12 PM by Roy H. »

Re: Didn't agree with the modding here.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 03:53:58 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I thought the picture was mocking. That was the way I took it.

Sometimes pictures don't say a thousand words. Sometimes they don't say much at all and can be misinterpreted.

If you would've put something like "nothing against you, but looking at that roster makes me want to gag. I hope it doesn't turn out like that", maybe I would've interpreted it differently.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I didn't send you the warning, but I whole-heartedly agree with it.  Do you really think that picture is respectful to others?

Here are just a few of our rules that apply here:

Respect each other at all times.

Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous to all. Please watch your tone.

Do not mock others, including by posting mocking images or smileys / emoticons.

Overall try to keep the maturity level of posts up

I mean, how is essentially saying "your idea makes me want to throw up" constructive in any manner?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 03:58:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
So, not only would you puke, but everyone else in the room would projectile vomit too? 
Yup

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I was trying to be humorous , I didn't say anything about the poster. So what if his idea makes me want to puke, I wasn't attacking the poster in any way.  I am sure some of my ideas make people want to puke too..

But whatever it's not that big of a deal, but to get a warning about it seems a little over the top, but then again this is celticsblog so guess it should be expected.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I was trying to be humorous , I didn't say anything about the poster. So what if his idea makes me want to puke, I wasn't attacking the poster in any way.  I am sure some of my ideas make people want to puke too..

But whatever it's not that big of a deal, but to get a warning about it seems a little over the top, but then again this is celticsblog so guess it should be expected.

I myself commented "pass the barf bag" over the thought of acquiring Blatche the other day, but I left the actual puking to the imagination.

I think it was the graphic nature of the photo.  I love Family Guy, but you gotta admit that whole projectile vomit scene is a bit much.  
Yup

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Just to put my two cents in here, but the pic in question was a response to a question I asked.  I wasn't offended at all.  I do think it would have been more pertainent if it included some sort of reasoning as to why the individual felt this way, but oh well.

Didn't really see a need to warn anybody over this, but...it isn't really a good idea to call out the mods either.  And the "J.C." at the end is most offensive to me.  That is blatant swearing.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
And the "J.C." at the end is most offensive to me.  That is blatant swearing.

Yeah, agreed there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 04:12:26 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Just to put my two cents in here, but the pic in question was a response to a question I asked.  I wasn't offended at all.  I do think it would have been more pertainent if it included some sort of reasoning as to why the individual felt this way, but oh well.

Didn't really see a need to warn anybody over this, but...it isn't really a good idea to call out the mods either.  And the "J.C." at the end is most offensive to me.  That is blatant swearing.

ok sorry

let me change it

Buddha ......

;)

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't see anything wrong with it.

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 04:15:37 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Just to put my two cents in here, but the pic in question was a response to a question I asked.  I wasn't offended at all.  I do think it would have been more pertainent if it included some sort of reasoning as to why the individual felt this way, but oh well.

Didn't really see a need to warn anybody over this, but...it isn't really a good idea to call out the mods either.  And the "J.C." at the end is most offensive to me.  That is blatant swearing.

ok sorry

let me change it

Buddha ......

;)

Well, I don't want to come across as busting your butt, but, that isn't really much better.  My reasoning is simply, using J.C. in that manner is taking the Lord's name in vein.  I have to imagine Buddhists would probably be just as offended, so it wouldn't really be fair for me to say this is acceptable either.

Just my 2 cents though.

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

ok sorry

let me change it

Buddha ......

;)

Well, I don't want to come across as busting your butt, but, that isn't really much better.  My reasoning is simply, using J.C. in that manner is taking the Lord's name in vein.  I have to imagine Buddhists would probably be just as offended, so it wouldn't really be fair for me to say this is acceptable either.

Just my 2 cents though.

no I get it, not trying to be a jerk

but it's only taking the lords name in vain if you are christian , I mean do we all have to live by the rules of christians ?

again not trying to be a jerk really not

I will shut up now though so I don't get anymore warnings

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 04:21:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Annnd, we're off topic. I think everyone said everything that needed to be said here. If you've got more wisdom that needed sharing, PM me or another mod.

Always good to air the grievances.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 04:21:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
but it's only taking the lords name in vain if you are christian , I mean do we all have to live by the rules of christians ?

Again, see the rules posted above.  If you're posting something that is likely to offend somebody else, don't post it.