Author Topic: Mock Trade Deadline  (Read 50984 times)

Re: Mock Trade Dealine
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2018, 03:34:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Washington will release a statement shortly.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2018, 03:58:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Woj reporting that the Celtics on a verge of a trade
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
First off, Washington would like to thank Bradley and Ian for both their contributions to the Wiz. Ultimately, however, we decided it was best to part ways.

Bringing in Gobert gives us arguably the biggest defensive presence in the Association, and he can thrive next to a playmaking star in John Wall in the PnR.

Burks, when healthy, gives us a shooting wing, which is all we needed in order to offload Mahinmi's considerable contract.

Overall, I think it's a mutually beneficial deal
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2018, 04:22:00 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
The Dallas Mavericks have traded Nerlens Noel to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Abdel Nader, Guerschon Yabusele, and the Boston Celtics 2018 first round pick, league sources tell ESPN.

Statements coming soon from both organizations.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybadyvs9
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:28:12 PM by CELTICSofBOSTON »

« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2018, 04:23:35 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
Woj: Hearing that the Bucks are in the market for a shot creator on the wing. Hearing only player the organization views as untouchable is Giannis.
#JKJB

« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2018, 04:24:52 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
Sources also tell ESPN that the Dallas Mavericks have received multiple offers for Yogi Ferrell but have yet to make a deal.  The Mavericks are also looking for another late first round pick for Wesley Matthews.

« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Statement from the Boston Celtics:
First we like to thank Dallas for the deal and conversations in the last few days
Second we like to wish Yasbule and Nader the very best in their futures..its always hard to trade young prospects esp. by drafting them and watching them grow
Third we like to welcome Nerlens Noel..we felt like this was a traded to be made..with all the bigs in our league and Washington just acquire Gobert, we needed some much needed inside help..his shot blocking and rebounding abilities will help
Thank you

« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
First we like to thank Dallas for the deal and conversations in the last few days
Second we like to wish Yasbule and Nader the very best in their futures..its always hard to trade young prospects esp. by drafting them and watching them grow
Third we like to welcome Nerlens Noel..we felt like this was a traded to be made..with all the bigs in our league and Washington just acquire Gobert, we needed some much needed inside help..his shot blocking and rebounding abilities will help
Thank you

Commish, you never ruled on players with no-trade clauses.

« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2018, 04:48:24 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Thank you

I did. I asked anyone who trades a player with a no-trade clause to have the receiving team make their case to me as if I was the player.

In this case, I'd allow it anyway because I think Noel wants to be anywhere but Dallas, and therefore would waive his no-trade clause.

« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2018, 04:54:48 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
Thank you

I did. I asked anyone who trades a player with a no-trade clause to have the receiving team make their case to me as if I was the player.

In this case, I'd allow it anyway because I think Noel wants to be anywhere but Dallas, and therefore would waive his no-trade clause.

Good call, commish.

« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2018, 04:55:29 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
The Dallas Mavericks have traded Nerlens Noel to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Abdel Nader, Guerschon Yabusele, and the Boston Celtics 2018 first round pick, league sources tell ESPN.

Don't think the Mavs have an open roster spot so who did they release to free up the spot? 

« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2018, 04:59:53 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
Thank you

Good call, commish.
Boston is a no brainer.  If it was go back to Philly or stay in Dallas, that would require the Wisdom of Solomon to decide. 

« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2018, 05:06:02 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Also from HoopsHype: The Celtics are not appear to be done trading..sources are saying Danny is still looking for a scorer off the bench

« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown

Don't think the Mavs have an open roster spot so who did they release to free up the spot?

According to ESPN, they have 14 players.  Kyle Collinsworth has recently signed a couple of 10-day contracts so technically he is not on the roster.