Author Topic: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?  (Read 58387 times)

Shams: Porzingis to Boston?
« on: June 21, 2023, 02:22:47 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Shams just reported that we are after Porzingis and that a framework is being discussed.

What you think?

Im in for the right price
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 04:46:53 PM by Roy H. »

Re: We are in on Porzingis?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Don't know if we can get it done, but I'd be 100% for it.

The JT/Porzingis pick and pops would be beautiful.

Let me not get my hopes up.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 02:26:49 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
What would we give up for Zinger? He could be a very valuable piece for our big rotation. Health again becomes a concern. As a Celtics fan, we are used to that.
#JKJB

Shams: Celtics Are Pursuing Porzingis (Interesting...)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 02:27:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1671581729986064384?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

NEWS: The Boston Celtics are pursuing Kristaps Porzingis from the Washington Wizards in a potential opt-in and trade deal, league sources tell Shams Charania.

Not my first choice, but I did think of it as an option, especially if the price isn't as high after seeing what the Wiz traded away Beal for

Add to the frontcourt, and add a legit 3rd piece to the team that's still only 27.

Brogdon + Muscala + PP + Future Picks (including 2 FRPs - 1 unprotected, 1 protected)

White/Smart/Davison
Jaylen/White/Smart
Tatum/Gallinari/Hauser
Porzingis/Horford/Gallinari
Timelord/Griffin/Kornet

Then idk, maybe G-Will is re-signed as well, but if not whatever. I like that team and it's a lot more balanced. 37 year old Horford can come off the bench which I think bodes well for both him and the team going forward.

Again, NOT my first choice, but I'm intrigued. Shams is legit obviously, so I don't doubt the reporting
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 02:28:07 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Brogdon and Gallo would get us in the ballpark financially but I'm struggling to see the benefit of such a deal for the Wizards tbh.  They're pressing the Kaboom button and our players and picks don't really help them jumpstart a rebuild.  Maybe Brogdon goes to a third team for picks.  That would be favorable to letting KP opt out and leave for nothing, I suppose. 

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 02:28:08 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
What would we give up for Zinger? He could be a very valuable piece for our big rotation. Health again becomes a concern. As a Celtics fan, we are used to that.

Brogdon/Pritchard/Muscala gets you there financially. Could also do Brogdon/Gallo. It'll probably come down to draft compensation.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 02:28:17 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Brogdan, Gallo, and #35 seems comparable to what the Wizards got for Beal.  They can have Yam too so he can play with his bestie Avidja.

Notably Zinger has a $36 million player option that he needs to exercise today — if he doesn’t then we can’t trade for him.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 02:29:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Don't know if we can get it done, but I'd be 100% for it.

The JT/Porzingis pick and pops would be beautiful.

Let me not get my hopes up.

Yeah, depends on the deal, but I’m in favor. Does Brogdon, Gallo, and some draft compensation get it done, maybe even this year’s pick? And what would that mean for GWill?

Would be a bit worried about adding yet another oft-injured big to the group.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2023, 02:30:25 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
Brogdon and Gallo would get us in the ballpark financially but I'm struggling to see the benefit of such a deal for the Wizards tbh.  They're pressing the Kaboom button and our players and picks don't really help them jumpstart a rebuild.  Maybe Brogdon goes to a third team for picks.  That would be favorable to letting KP opt out and leave for nothing, I suppose.

Yeah, beggars can't be choosers here. They should be happy to get any value otherwise he's already said he'd prefer to leave.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

Re: Shams: Celtics Are Pursuing Porzingis (Interesting...)
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 02:31:07 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Love it & can’t believe he’s only 27
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 02:31:21 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Brogdan, Gallo, and #35 seems comparable to what the Wizards got for Beal.  They can have Yam too so he can play with his bestie Avidja.

Notably Zinger has a $36 million player option that he needs to exercise today — if he doesn’t then we can’t trade for him.

Meaning if a trade is going to happen it will be today?! Exciting!

Lets get it done Brad! I hope I will be as excited as after the brogdon trade.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 02:31:24 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Makes sense for Kristaps - like I said in another thread, it's likely he opts in and gets traded rather than waiting for a deal with Washington.

Based on what Sham has said on twitter (here: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1671580933668114432 ) we can presume this is coming from the Wizards - whether the Celtics are actually 'pursuing' him remains to be seen.

Washington is trying to clear the decks, so if we assume they don't want long deals -  Brogdon, Gallo, Muscala and Pritchard works salarywise, I think. Beal's value was depreciated because of his contract, so Porzingis should bring in more than Beal.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2023, 02:37:44 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Makes sense for Kristaps - like I said in another thread, it's likely he opts in and gets traded rather than waiting for a deal with Washington.

Based on what Sham has said on twitter (here: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1671580933668114432 ) we can presume this is coming from the Wizards - whether the Celtics are actually 'pursuing' him remains to be seen.

Washington is trying to clear the decks, so if we assume they don't want long deals -  Brogdon, Gallo, Muscala and Pritchard works salarywise, I think. Beal's value was depreciated because of his contract, so Porzingis should bring in more than Beal.

The rumor could be coming from Porzingis’ camp too, to help them gauge his free agency market should he decline his option.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2023, 02:39:59 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
We can’t go into another season with Horford & TimeLord as our centers..if we get Porzingis, Grant not coming back
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2023, 02:40:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

The rumor could be coming from Porzingis’ camp too, to help them gauge his free agency market should he decline his option.

Agents work back door channels well before free agency starts, so I'm assuming has a good idea of his market already.

I agree though that Washington and/or his agent leaked this since we tend to run a tight ship. I'm not completely sure what the motivation is.
2021 Houston Rockets