Author Topic: Girl Advice  (Read 14275 times)

Re: Girl Advice
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 10:20:57 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i like where this is going....i will be checking it frequently for updates.  this has "jsaad girl drama" potential! :)

just do not act like finn did when he moved in with meadow soprano. you will end up in a 100° apartment, and then end up in many awkward moments with Vito Spatafore.  ;D

i have no idea what this means.....i have never watched a single episode of the sapranos, lol

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
i like where this is going....i will be checking it frequently for updates.  this has "jsaad girl drama" potential! :)

Haha. Fortunitly there is no more drama for me. Just the bliss of marriage  ;)

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
My tactics might seem cruel to some, but as far as I'm concerned you have to make moves decisively in order to lock down what you want here.  I obviously don't know you or this girl first hand, so please take my advice with a grain of salt, but here's what I'd do...

1. Start to mentally prepare for the worst: Sounds like you've already brought up the issue of her being distant in the past and got this "home sick" explanation out of it.  I don't buy that, maybe she IS homesick but that's not why she's acting distant.  She's chewing on something, most likely the merits of your relationship, and she'll be making a desision soon, best to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

2. Give her all the space she needs:  Be the one to tell her that you don't want to move in together.  You can always do this later on if things improve, but you can tell her straight up that she's been acting distant recently, and that living together will make it worse.  That'll certainly send the message loud and clear - "hey, I understand your working through some stuff, but while your at it I'm over here on the receiving of your chance of attitude."  Simultaneously, if you sense you're the one who's doing all the calling and texting, STOP.  She  knows your number, let her call you, no matter what.

3. Do that thing Roy thought up about inviting the fam in town to show them around: good one Roy, nice way of getting around the expense of traveling and taking time off, and it'll address the given reason for her distance.  She'll think it's sweet, and you can use it as an opportunity to see if her attitude improves.

4 Don't be needy:  Look, you can't make another person happy.  It's the hardest thing to understand about relationships.  All you can do is be the best boyfriend, lover, partner etc you can be, and the rest of it is up to her.  Don't smother her with questions, or begin inquiring subtly or directly about this change you notice.  You've made it clear that its an issue, let her come around or not.  In the meantime, just try to enjoy the time you do spend together and don't put pressure on her or the time you spend with her.  Let her work it out on her own.

Good luck, I'd be interested in hearing how things go.  Plenty of fish in the sea though, and the fact that it is occupying your mind enough to come out and ask us knuckleheads shows your a good guy who genuinely cares.  Hope she finds what she's looking for...

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 10:22:47 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Haha. Fortunitly there is no more drama for me. Just the bliss of marriage  ;)

thats a beautiful thing.  still, that thread might be my fav of all time :D

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=21787.0

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 10:27:45 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Reggie, Although I really do take advice from somebody that has more tommy points than posts to heart, I just think that alot of that sounds like a bit to much game playing.  I think talking to her about it is a good idea, and her family is coming to visit soon so that will be good.  but ya, thanks for the advice everyone, if I could give tp's to everyone i would!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 10:30:06 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
And was the JSAAD girl drama thread about facebook or something? or am i remembering another thread?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 10:32:09 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
And was the JSAAD girl drama thread about facebook or something? or am i remembering another thread?

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=21787.0

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 10:33:28 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Reggie, Although I really do take advice from somebody that has more tommy points than posts to heart, I just think that alot of that sounds like a bit to much game playing.  I think talking to her about it is a good idea, and her family is coming to visit soon so that will be good.  but ya, thanks for the advice everyone, if I could give tp's to everyone i would!

Hey, like I said just what I'd do.  For what it's worth, I am not advocating for game playing in my post, whatever you do be genuine.

"Every relationship is fundamentally a power struggle, and the individual in power is whoever likes the other person less." — Chuck Klosterman

Peace

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Usually the girl will put forth more effort, it is in their nature. If you are the one initiating most of the talk then she might be on her way out. These things get better not worse.

Broads are tricky...give her a couple of days and let her initiate the contact. Let her know you aren't happy by your actions. Talking to her is not the way to go because it brings the problem to light and makes you seem needy. It will also put pressure on her, which will drive her away.

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 11:01:08 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm in a female-heavy job, so I've had a lot of female friends and a few truly crazy girlfriends over the last several years. One thing that I've noticed that I haven't seen mentioned here is that for all the stereotypes about women "being in touch with their feelings", a lot of times they'll develop some deep-seated issue or worry that they aren't consciously aware of - instead, they start acting out in strange ways to cause a confrontation, and then stuff usually starts to come out.  A lot of times this isn't even intentional; it's like when your girl starts getting snippy for no reason, and then demands to know why you're mad at her.  To be fair guys do similar things but they're usually much more direct about it - women tend to do subtle stuff like what you're describing.

What I'm getting at is she may not even know why she's acting strangely, or even why she's doing it, but you're gonna have to sit down with her and have a "what's up?" talk.  Just make sure to stay calm and explain what's bothering you without sounding accusatory - if something is bothering her she'll be very sensitive and quick to get defensive, and things'll go downhill from there.  Good luck.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 11:04:15 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
She said last night when I asked her, "ya I dunno, im in a funk, but i dont know why."

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 11:09:41 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
i know this is extremely simple, but could it maybe have something to do with all the clouds and rain that all of new england has had this summer? some people are really affected by poor weather and lack of sun...could be totally off on this one, but i'm hoping for the best for ya, and that seems like it could be a simple solution for being "in a funk". i know it can affect me socially and energy-wise at times.

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

This is awesome, TP.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 11:18:07 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
She said last night when I asked her, "ya I dunno, im in a funk, but i dont know why."

If the funk has lasted more than a week or 2, then she knows exactly what it is.  Truthfully, it is probably taking the next step in your relationship that she is worried about.  My girlfriend (now my wife) went through a funk for about 2 weeks or so once.  She wouldn't tell me exactly what was bothering her until she had a couple of adult beverages in her.  I'm not promoting getting your woman drunk, but if she feels more comfortable that you won't be angry or hurt by what she is feeling then she will be more willing to communicate about the reason for her funk.

So short version of the story, tell her that you are really concerned about her funk and that you want to listen to what she is feeling.  Tell her that you may not have the solution, but you at least want to be on the same page with her.

my 2 cents.

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 11:18:24 AM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
i know this is extremely simple, but could it maybe have something to do with all the clouds and rain that all of new england has had this summer? some people are really affected by poor weather and lack of sun...could be totally off on this one, but i'm hoping for the best for ya, and that seems like it could be a simple solution for being "in a funk". i know it can affect me socially and energy-wise at times.

Yeah, the weather really might have something to do with it-

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/seasonalaffectivedisorder.html