Author Topic: Boston,OKC, Indy trade (idea)  (Read 1998 times)

Boston,OKC, Indy trade (idea)
« on: May 08, 2013, 12:10:57 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Watching OKC and Indy this past week I came up with the following trade idea. It is obviously continent on PP and KG not coming back and the Celtics moving into an asset building mode.

OKC gets Paul Pierce

OKC losses Perins, Martin S&T 9mill, (either 2013 1st from raptors or Jeremy Lamb)

Indy gets Kevin Martin (S&T 9mill), Jason Terry

Indy losses Granger, 2014 1st (top 20 protected)

Boston gets Perkins , Granger,OKC 2013 raptors pick or lamb, 2014 Indy protected first.

Why it works

OKC, they clear out Perks contract and fill his spot by giving thabeet and colison more minutes. The addition of Pierce makes them a scary playoff match up. The emergence of Jackson should allow OKC to confidently let Martin go for a more short term upgrade in Pierce. If the 2014 season ends with a OKC vs Miami matchup a line up of Westbrook, Jackson, Pierce, Durant, and Ibaka may be the leagues best chance at beating the Heat. After that Pierce is off the books and they are in a safe place cap wise.

Indiana, the pacers gain two veteran perimeter scorers without losing anything from this years team. Hill, Stephenson, Martin and Terry will give the Pacers a very solid 4 guard rotation to pair with the rise star of George and a tough inside team.

Boston, the team will take a step back with this trade. Granger is a shell of himself with his bad knees but he is an expiring deal. He could be traded at the 2013-2014 deadline either as a usable player to a contender or as cap relief (either way flipping him for assets). Perkins is over paid but still affective he will be able to continue the tough defensive identity that Garnett has brought to this team. This will also be a deal Rondo likes. Perk's contract will have 2 years left on it, which isn't terrible for a team regrouping. The addition of Toronto's pick(#12) or Lamb should be valuable as should Indy 2014 1st.

For Boston as I have posted before my end game plan would be to use Celtics 2014st likely lottery if RR misses time, Indys 1st (20-25), Avery and Bass (or Sully and Lee), along with Grangers expiring deal to get LaMarcus Aldrige or Kevin Love. This would be a similar situation to how DA brought in KG.

2013-2014 Celtics

Rondo
Lee
Green
Sully
Perk

Bass
Williams
Melo
Crawford
2013 1st #12 or Lamb
2013 1st #16

2014-2015 Celtics

Rondo
Lee
Green
LMA
Perk

bench
Sully
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Boston,OKC, Indy trade (idea)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:21:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Good trade, I would probably take the 9th pick this year rather than Lamb.

I'm kind of worried about Granger's degenerative knees, but he only has one more year on his deal so it wouldn't set us back long term.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 12:32:01 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
This is an absolute homer trade...and I'd do it in a second.

Boston breaks even in salaries, gets close to equal value for Pierce and 2 1st round picks? That is a coup.

Something more like Pierce for a pick and a role player is more like the offers we'll see. And with the new CBA we might not even see a pick (something more like the LAC rumor).

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 12:36:31 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
This is an absolute homer trade...and I'd do it in a second.

Boston breaks even in salaries, gets close to equal value for Pierce and 2 1st round picks? That is a coup.

Something more like Pierce for a pick and a role player is more like the offers we'll see. And with the new CBA we might not even see a pick (something more like the LAC rumor).

This maybe a homer trade but the Cs are taking on Granger who is a high salary who likely wont even play and Perk who at 8mill does not produce for what he is paid. The picks are not super high value 12th pick in role player draft and 20-25th in lottery strong draft.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
OKC is giving up too much and not getting enough in return. And they would most likely be interested in Garnett rather than Pierce. We'd have to send out more in order to make it worth their while I think.

Indy probably pulls the trigger though and its a great return for the C's. I just don't see OKC shipping off Perk, Martin AND Lamb/Raptors first for one year of Pierce when they've already got KD.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
OKC is giving up too much and not getting enough in return. And they would most likely be interested in Garnett rather than Pierce. We'd have to send out more in order to make it worth their while I think.

Indy probably pulls the trigger though and its a great return for the C's. I just don't see OKC shipping off Perk, Martin AND Lamb/Raptors first for one year of Pierce when they've already got KD.

Yes but on OKC side of it they get an upgrade at 6th man in pierce and will save alot of $$ after pierces contract is up. After pierce is gone (and if they trade the pick not lamb) they will have a 2nd unit build around lamb and jackson on cheap contracts this is huge in the luxury tax era. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet