Author Topic: Hoosiers Remake  (Read 1412 times)

Hoosiers Remake
« on: October 22, 2022, 05:30:03 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
So I just rewatched Hoosiers and had the thought, how cool would it be if they remade Hoosiers and set it in 1986 this time, the same year the original was released?  Talk about a nostalgia trip.

If they did it, who should be cast as Norman and Shooter? My votes go to Bryan Cranston and Walton Goggins respectively. Will Smith would also be an interesting Norman considering recent events. I’d like Amy Adams or Keri Russell as the new Barbara Hershey.

Spoilers below for those who have not yet watched Hoosiers:

So the incident Norman had in college would have happened in the early/mid-70s in this version, so footage of it would be available somewhere. They’d have to do a surprise twist like the 24-7 media (CNN at the time) hypes up what Norman did in Ithaca as the team heads into the state final, causing a huge distraction for the team. Maybe even surprise us with a different ending where Jimmy takes the last shot, misses, game goes to OT and Jimmy agrees to be the decoy when they’re down 1 with 10 seconds left in OT—they listen to the coach and win. Or maybe the alternative ending is they run the decoy, it does not work, they plan another decoy at the end of OT when they’re down 1, Jimmy says he’ll make the shot, and Jimmy actually misses the final shot. But everyone’s still incredibly proud of the team, so it’s kind of like the ending of Rocky. But I like them winning it all.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 05:53:58 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

Re: Hoosiers Remake
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 06:34:51 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I’m over the remakes.  I think a movie like Hoosiers falls flat on todays generation anyway (though I suppose that’s just the old man in me talking)

….so many jokes to be made about Will Smith playing an over bearing, disciplinarian of a coach too.
Greg

Re: Hoosiers Remake
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 11:46:53 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Nice pull on Smith. Tho Will Smith tries to be friendly on the outside, while Norm is more crusty. Maybe Laurence Fishburn.