3 (2%)
MIL in 5
9 (6.1%)
MIL in 6
21 (14.2%)
MIL in 7
14 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction  (Read 19569 times)

Re: Poll: Celtics-Bucks Series Prediction
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2019, 06:28:47 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
It’s either going to be Cs in six or Bucks in 7. That system by Budenholzer gives the Cs fits usually but they are super reliant on the three as well.

The home court thing worries me but hopeful Cs can steal one game in MIL. Would be a pretty big game changer imo.

Overall, I think the Cs matchup pretty across the board with the Bucks. Giannis is the best player in the series but I think the Cs may have the better talent players from the overall talent pool between the two teams after that. But Giannis is filthy and I hate to have to hate him for 7 games but here we are.

Cs will need Hayward to be Hayward. Ultimately, I think he’s the wild card in the series. If he plays like he did today, it’s a significant development for the Cs going into this series.

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2019, 06:34:54 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
If the Bucks sweep on MON does anyone know when BOS-MIL would start?  Perhaps WED since MIL would have been scheduled to play that night?

I chose BOS in 6.  Similar to TOR in recent years, I don't see MIL as "playoff tested" yet.  Also Brogdon and Mirotic out is a much bigger loss than Smart.  I woulds still feel comfortable with BOS dropping 1 and 2 in MIL, and evening it up at home with 3 and 4.  But ultimately we do of course need to steal one there.

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2019, 06:39:49 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
If the Bucks sweep on MON does anyone know when BOS-MIL would start?  Perhaps WED since MIL would have been scheduled to play that night?

I chose BOS in 6.  Similar to TOR in recent years, I don't see MIL as "playoff tested" yet.  Also Brogdon and Mirotic out is a much bigger loss than Smart.  I woulds still feel comfortable with BOS dropping 1 and 2 in MIL, and evening it up at home with 3 and 4.  But ultimately we do of course need to steal one there.

Celtics need to steal one in Milwaukee, and defend both games at home. It's better to take the 1-0 lead first than be down 0-1.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I think Game 1 would probably start this weekend actually, not during the weekdays. For one, many other first round series are still happening and should continue at least through Wednesday and Thursday. And also, I highly doubt they'll have Game 1 on Wednesday or Thursday, just 1-2 days after MIL finishes Game 4 Monday night. I think they'd give each team at least about 3 off-days between series (unless a series went 7 games).

My guess is, Game 1 will be on Saturday. But that's my guess. Could be Sunday instead.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2019, 08:22:55 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I will take Boston in 6. Going to be a great series.

i will guess celtics in 7 because it took 7 last year and bux are better this year even though we have KI and GH but no smart.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2019, 08:41:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Milwaukee in 5.  I just haven't seen enough from Boston for me to think they will beat the best team in basketball with the best player in the world with starting on the road.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2019, 08:51:13 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Milwaukee in 5.  I just haven't seen enough from Boston for me to think they will beat the best team in basketball with the best player in the world with starting on the road.

Come on man you gotta believe bleed green this will be a war injuries may happen the players will fight techs will be drawn ejections will take place but in the end the Celtics will come out on top!

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2019, 08:51:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

thats because you do not believe Boston played possum during the season.

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2019, 08:52:40 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Milwaukee in six. It's going to be next to impossible to stop Giannis.

Mike

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2019, 09:15:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I have the Cs in 6, as well. It will be a tough series, but I'd rather face MIL than TOR in round 2 and hope that Philly can somehow knock of TOR.

Giannis a phenomenal player, but the rest of their roster just isn't that scary. If Kyrie can somewhat offset the star power of Giannis, then I believe the rest of our roster is appreciably better than theirs. As Kyrie said:

“Honestly I’m not really paying attention to who is the top team in the conference during the regular season. Those wins are racked up already…I think at this point it’s about who can beat a team in a seven-game series?” Kyrie Irving said, per Adam Himmelsbach of The Boston Globe.

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2019, 09:44:49 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I have the Cs in 6, as well. It will be a tough series, but I'd rather face MIL than TOR in round 2 and hope that Philly can somehow knock of TOR.

Giannis a phenomenal player, but the rest of their roster just isn't that scary. If Kyrie can somewhat offset the star power of Giannis, then I believe the rest of our roster is appreciably better than theirs. As Kyrie said:

“Honestly I’m not really paying attention to who is the top team in the conference during the regular season. Those wins are racked up already…I think at this point it’s about who can beat a team in a seven-game series?” Kyrie Irving said, per Adam Himmelsbach of The Boston Globe.

Well so far Kyrie's backed it up when he said "we're just waiting for the playoffs to start" while the Celtics were on a losing skid during the regular season. Swept their first-round opponent, as they should without Oladipo and with the talent they have.

But let's see how this team will fare against Milwaukee.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2019, 09:48:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

The series is always tougher when the best player is on the other team. That said, I think Tatum is just as good as Middleton and Kyrie is better than Bledsoe.

Giannis will likely get his buckets. I would have Jaylen defend Giannis and if we can defend and stop the peripheral players, I think we'll win the series. We'll probably miss Smart alot more in this series than we did vs Indy, but I still have us coming on top.

And yes, ditto on Philly. I'd rather face them in the ECF than Toronto.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:58:47 PM by gpap »

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2019, 10:14:28 PM »

Offline mbsnmisc

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I think a lot depends on when Smart comes back, as he's key in slowing down Giannis. I'm going with Celtics in 6, assuming Smart comes back by game 4.

Jaylen has been great so far in the playoffs though, do you guys think he can handle guarding Giannis? I can see Hayward and Horford taking some time on Giannis as well, but Tatum would get crushed defending him.

I would be surprised if Smart plays in the Bucks series. Obliques are tough. You can't condition for at least 2-3 weeks. I think it is more likely he plays late in the ECF or even the NBA finals.

I am of course speculating

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2019, 10:56:00 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Bucks in 4.

I hope I am wrong.

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2019, 11:35:39 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Based purely on on-court performance, the Bucks have been the best team in both the regular season and the playoffs this year. We have the guys to do it and most of em played a part in taking them down last year, but this is going to be incredibly hard.

I picked Bucks in 6 going into the playoffs and I'll pick them in 6 here. But I believe these guys can do it.