Author Topic: Worth watching again...  (Read 4226 times)

Worth watching again...
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:42:56 AM »

Offline vwoodruff

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 45
Pierce's performance in Game 7 v. Cleveland and today's Daily Dime had me thinking about the Cs comeback versus the Nets in 2002.

So I You Tube-d it... and found the entire fourth quarter is there.

If you want to get a little psyched, check out the 5 part video...

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MI3sj3XKrQ
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c9pklLtkeE&feature=related
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSfIAb8G0_I&feature=related
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkqWMX-Y7E&feature=related
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2D19TpKQJ4&feature=related

Re: Worth watching again...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:44:58 AM »

Offline vwoodruff

• Joe Mazzulla
I still can't believe that we lost that series after a win like that...

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:50:23 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
At least losing to NJ spared us the agony of what would have been a royal whooping at the hands of the Lakers in the Finals. 

Don't get me wrong, at the time I was all puffed up and ready to take on LA, but really...The Celts would have been killed by them.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:24:08 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 11:56:37 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
At least losing to NJ spared us the agony of what would have been a royal whooping at the hands of the Lakers in the Finals at the time. 

Don't get me wrong, at the time I was all puffed up and ready to take on LA, but really...The Celts would have been killed by them.

I agree the Celtics would have lost that series, but unlike the Nets, they would have at least won a game.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
if that 4th quarter were to be replayed again today the celtics wouldn't have a chance at winning, there would have been an illegal defense or a foul called on every other play. the refs seem to have gotten progressively worse over the last few years.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 01:13:01 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Just like the Lakers can lose this series despite last night's win.  Some idiot columnist in the LA Times (Bill Platzche) all but gave the series to the Lakers after last night's game, claiming the Spurs would be too devastated to come back.  LOL

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:15:19 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Yeah, I agree that we would've gotten our butts whooped if we played the Lakers in the Finals.. but I thought we would've done a lot better than the Nets.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
If the C's lose to Detroit this year, it might make me reconsider breaking up that team. 5-6 years of rooting for something different to get the exact same thing. :-\
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:24:17 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
What are the odds that watching this will inspire someone to start another bring back Antoine thread?

And man does PJ Carlesimo suck as a color commentator.  He sounds like Jesse Ventura doing some classic WWF commentary.  I was just waiting for him to say something like "You know what Gorilla, even if the Celtics get past the Nets, I don't think they have what it takes to beat Demolition at SummerSlam."  Come on now Tommy haters, don't you appreciate Tommy a little more after hearing PJ's voice?

You can tell Pierce has put on a few pounds...

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 11:33:30 PM »

Offline cavman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
If the C's lose to Detroit this year, it might make me reconsider breaking up that team. 5-6 years of rooting for something different to get the exact same thing. :-\
That team really didn't have a chance to get back.  And if they won that series they would've been smoked in the Finals.

This one has a chance to win the Finals if they get there, and has a good shot at making it far in the playoffs again next year if they don't lose all the FAs
"The most important thing is the ability to communicate.  It's not how much you know.  It's how you communicate what you know."  Red

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 12:48:56 AM »

Offline vwoodruff

• Joe Mazzulla
Debbie Downer is in the building...

Mwah mwah mwah...

I'm nostalgic for that 4th quarter run, but I have no doubts about blowing up that team. You couldn't even convince me last year during the Milwaukee tankfest...