Author Topic: Antoine wants Lebron in green  (Read 15952 times)

Re: Antoine wants Lebron in green
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2018, 03:51:57 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Do folks really think he would come here.   We beat his rear for years, and he always get up to play hard against Boston.   He probably hates the city and the fans after all the years.   Pipedream City.

It's not a question of do you think LeBron will sign with Boston. But rather, if LeBron wanted to do a sign and trade with Boston, who should Danny give up to make the trade work and still win titles. It's a pure hypothetical and fantasy topic.

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 03:54:46 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Kyrie is absolutely a superstar.

What is Hayward?

I think Hayward is on the outside looking in. He could take that next step in Boston, but Utah didn't give him that opportunity.

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2018, 03:55:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Ainge knows superstars win in this league, and as of now, we don't have any (yet). We have some guys (currently legit, All-Star caliber) who could be in a few years, but none at the very moment IMO. Cavaliers have 1 who is #1 in the entire league (though Lebron probably counts for two given his overall impact lol), and Warriors have 2 that are each Top-10 in the league (or 3 if you consider Klay one, which I honestly don't but he's close).

No he isn't. He's close, but not quite yet. Still Top-12 in the league.

Most say Lilliard isn't a superstar and just a legit All-Star, and I don't think Kyrie is drastically better than Lilliard to be honest (he's marginally better for sure).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2018, 04:00:27 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Ainge knows superstars win in this league, and as of now, we don't have any (yet). We have some guys (currently legit, All-Star caliber) who could be in a few years, but none at the very moment IMO. Cavaliers have 1 who is #1 in the entire league (though Lebron probably counts for two given his overall impact lol), and Warriors have 2 that are each Top-10 in the league (or 3 if you consider Klay one, which I honestly don't but he's close).

I still want to see him play better defense consistently (doesn't have to be elite, but just average). Also, I'm not that into rankings, but I generally think Kyrie is the 4th best PG in the league, and the only superstars PG in the league right now (in no particular order) are Harden and Curry. Westbrook and Kyrie are both there at 3-4 in some order. I think Westbrook is a beast but also really, really inefficient at times. But to average a triple-double two straight seasons in a row is insane, which is why I give him the edge.

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2018, 04:00:27 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
I've come to respect him and acknowledge that he's one of the 2 or 3 best of all time (and may be the best).  I was actually rooting for him last night because I can't stand GS - but no I don't want him here.

I'm in with what they have now - they don't need him and him being here is going to undermine some people because he needs to be the whole show.

Coming here adds nothing to his legacy even if he won a couple of titles. 

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2018, 04:06:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'm so tired of the superstar/franchise player debacle. At the end of the day, who really cares?

I still want to see him play better defense consistently (doesn't have to be elite, but just average). Also, I'm not that into rankings, but I generally think Kyrie is the 4th best PG in the league, and the only superstars PG in the league right now (in no particular order) are Harden and Curry. Westbrook and Kyrie are both there at 3-4 in some order. I think Westbrook is a beast but also really, really inefficient at times. But to average a triple-double two straight seasons in a row is insane, which is why I give him the edge.

He's a stat padder. Still, being able to average two triple doubles in two years in a row is crazy. I just think Westbrook really needs a coach that will instill all the great qualities and strengthen his weaknesses/mental fortitude.

No he isn't. He's close, but not quite yet. Still Top-12 in the league.

Most say Lilliard isn't a superstar and just a legit All-Star, and I don't think Kyrie is drastically better than Lilliard to be honest (he's marginally better for sure).

Think Lillard is the better volume scorer, and Kyrie is the better shooter/overall adept finisher.

They are both great point guards, who only need to improve on the defensive end to be considered 'superstars.'
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2018, 04:07:53 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
The best place for James to play would either be in Golden State or Boston. Either team would give him the best chance at titles for the next three years. If Cleveland were to do a sign and trade, there is little incentive unless they are getting a fairly significant package in return. I think something like this would be fair: Irving, Brown, Sacramento pick for James (sign and trade agreement).

I think a team of Rozier, Hayward, James, Tatum, and Horford will be the favorites to win the east and be a legitimate threat to Golden State. I'd really like to keep Brown in this scenario and, if he could be kept, I think that makes the Celtics the title favorites for three years in a row. Cleveland should push for both Irving and Brown, however, as this gives them two all-star quality players, in addition to Love and the lottery pick they own this year plus the Sacramento lottery pick next year that Boston would trade.

This is a package I think would make sense for both teams.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 04:20:28 PM by KungPoweChicken »

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2018, 04:08:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm so tired of the superstar/franchise player debacle. At the end of the day, who really cares?

I CARE!  >:(

;)

Lol I hear you, it honestly doesn't matter too much. Still fun to debate about.

Also, I didn't realize, but before last night's Game 1, both Kyrie and Lebron averaged 27.7 PPG in the Finals (last three years)  :o

(Obviously Lebron's is higher now)

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
In a heartbeat.  I wouldn't even think twice.

“You’re going to think I’m crazy, but if I was him, I’m going to Boston,” Walker said on FS1’s “First Things First” Wednesday. “I’m going to Boston. I mean, Kevin Durant did it. Kevin Durant joined the best. The best team in the Eastern Conference right now would be the Boston Celtics. I would figure out a way to Boston if I’m LeBron James.”

I know he’s almost universally hated by the fan base, but I’d welcome Lebron with open arms.

The question: would you trade Kyrie + Morris + filler for him?

I think I would:

Horford / Baynes
Tatum / Theis
Hayward
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

That team is close to unbeatable. Lebron plus four shooters? Lebron on the #1 defense?

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2018, 04:31:40 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
If you guys want LeBron, might as well try to trade for Kawhi instead..

I was reading a trade idea above and saw someone suggest Smart in a S&T for Lebron. 

I think Kawhi stays in San Antonio and signs the super-max, but if he actually does want out and the Spurs are looking to trade him, maybe a Smart S&T could work. Obviously we add other assets, but Smart helps to facilitate a deal with salary-matching. Kawhi IS the best Lebron stopper out there, too.

I thought Morris did the best he could on Lebron and was physical with him throughout, but it's just hard to stop Lebron in a whole series. He can kill you in many ways. Kawhi would help and also I think he actually would present a huge match up problem against the Sixers, Rockets and Warriors going forward. This is a Top-4 player in the league when healthy.

If Kawhi signs for the designated veteran extension, he can't be traded for a year. 

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2018, 04:34:07 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
If you guys want LeBron, might as well try to trade for Kawhi instead..

I was reading a trade idea above and saw someone suggest Smart in a S&T for Lebron. 

I think Kawhi stays in San Antonio and signs the super-max, but if he actually does want out and the Spurs are looking to trade him, maybe a Smart S&T could work. Obviously we add other assets, but Smart helps to facilitate a deal with salary-matching. Kawhi IS the best Lebron stopper out there, too.

I thought Morris did the best he could on Lebron and was physical with him throughout, but it's just hard to stop Lebron in a whole series. He can kill you in many ways. Kawhi would help and also I think he actually would present a huge match up problem against the Sixers, Rockets and Warriors going forward. This is a Top-4 player in the league when healthy.

If Kawhi signs for the designated veteran extension, he can't be traded for a year.

I never said Kawhi signed the super-max extension though in that post.

I assumed they just do a Smart S&T in a much bigger package for Kawhi and his remaining deal (final year at around 20M) IF the Spurs decided to shop him.

If he signs the super-max then obviously he's staying in SAS and NOT getting traded.

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2018, 04:51:22 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'd love for LeBron to come to BOS but not at Kyrie's expense.

We rode Kyrie's leadership and talent to 55 wins. The youngsters then took it from there.

I'd like to ADD him to BOS somehow but not at losing anyone if that's possible.

Would LeBron even WANT to come to BOS? To forge his own legacy as a PART of Russell, Couse, Cowen, Red, Larry, PP34?

He may be too BIG for BOS.

If he came HERE that would be quite a blow

to CLE (and Indy).

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I'd love for LeBron to come to BOS but not at Kyrie's expense.

We rode Kyrie's leadership and talent to 55 wins. The youngsters then took it from there.

I'd like to ADD him to BOS somehow but not at losing anyone if that's possible.

Would LeBron even WANT to come to BOS? To forge his own legacy as a PART of Russell, Couse, Cowen, Red, Larry, PP34?

He may be too BIG for BOS.

If he came HERE that would be quite a blow

to CLE (and Indy).

I agree with you that James may be "too big" for Boston in some ways. But I'd welcome him in a heartbeat and retire his number the day after he decides to call it quits. I see only three realistic places for James to go: Cleveland, Golden State, and Boston. Houston and LA get a lot of talk, but they are bad choices as far as winning is concerned.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:06:33 PM by KungPoweChicken »

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2018, 05:10:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The best place for James to play would either be in Golden State or Boston. Either team would give him the best chance at titles for the next three years. If Cleveland were to do a sign and trade, there is little incentive unless they are getting a fairly significant package in return. I think something like this would be fair: Irving, Brown, Sacramento pick for James (sign and trade agreement).

I think a team of Rozier, Hayward, James, Tatum, and Horford will be the favorites to win the east and be a legitimate threat to Golden State. I'd really like to keep Brown in this scenario and, if he could be kept, I think that makes the Celtics the title favorites for three years in a row. Cleveland should push for both Irving and Brown, however, as this gives them two all-star quality players, in addition to Love and the lottery pick they own this year plus the Sacramento lottery pick next year that Boston would trade.

This is a package I think would make sense for both teams.

WHAT?!?! Irving, Brown + Kings Pick??

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2018, 05:10:54 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
“You’re going to think I’m crazy, but if I was him, I’m going to Boston,” Walker said on FS1’s “First Things First” Wednesday. “I’m going to Boston. I mean, Kevin Durant did it. Kevin Durant joined the best. The best team in the Eastern Conference right now would be the Boston Celtics. I would figure out a way to Boston if I’m LeBron James.”

I know he’s almost universally hated by the fan base, but I’d welcome Lebron with open arms.

The question: would you trade Kyrie + Morris + filler for him?

I think I would:

Horford / Baynes
Tatum / Theis
Hayward
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

That team is close to unbeatable. Lebron plus four shooters? Lebron on the #1 defense?

I've been saying this for a while. Celtics are the best fit for him, he can come in pay point power forward. We have the coach, the players and the GM so he could finally stop being all those and come in and play 30 mpg and only worry about basketball on the court.

I wouldn't trade Kyrie for him but if they can get along I'd move Horford somehow someway to make room for him. He's a free agent so you don't have to trade Cleveland to get him but it would be easier.

Irving, Brown, Hayward, Lebron, Baynes

Come of the bench with:

Rozier, Tatum, Morris, Theis