Author Topic: Antoine wants Lebron in green  (Read 15735 times)

Re: Antoine wants Lebron in green
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 11:32:13 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Count me in the minority of fans that would have a hard time accepting LeBron in Boston.  It would be fun for sure but at the end of the day I'm a sucker for the journey.  I prefer that this incarnation of the Celtics beats LeBron and Golden State.  In the long run I want us to become like the Spurs of the past 20 years.  LBJ would essentially be a hired gun who overshadows the tradition and history of the Celtics.   

I absolutely hated the Durant move to Golden State.  LBJ to Boston would require a sign and trade but the spirit of the move is similar to KD's.  There's no issue on my part if Ainge brings in a guy like Davis, Towns, Kawhi etc.  At least we can debate the value on both sides of the deal.  LeBron is just too much because nobody is even close to his level.   
I don't think so. If we trade for him it's us paving the way for a 10 year dynasty akin to the 60s Celtics. Nothing like KD snaking to GSW for free, we do need to give up good players and assets for Bron, who would be forming a superteam to beat GSW instead of already joining a superteam.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2018, 11:37:13 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
“You’re going to think I’m crazy, but if I was him, I’m going to Boston,” Walker said on FS1’s “First Things First” Wednesday. “I’m going to Boston. I mean, Kevin Durant did it. Kevin Durant joined the best. The best team in the Eastern Conference right now would be the Boston Celtics. I would figure out a way to Boston if I’m LeBron James.”

I know he’s almost universally hated by the fan base, but I’d welcome Lebron with open arms.

The question: would you trade Kyrie + Morris + filler for him?

I think I would:

Horford / Baynes
Tatum / Theis
Hayward
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

That team is close to unbeatable. Lebron plus four shooters? Lebron on the #1 defense?

Those that hate Lebron are missing out on watching an iconic player. As an individual basketball player, he's one of the top 3 in NBA history. He has averaged 27/7/7 for his career. No one his size has demonstrated an ability to be as complete of a player, including Magic Johnson.

I understand if fans don't like Lebron, but a GM that has the chance to acquire him and chooses not to should be fired.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2018, 11:39:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
“You’re going to think I’m crazy, but if I was him, I’m going to Boston,” Walker said on FS1’s “First Things First” Wednesday. “I’m going to Boston. I mean, Kevin Durant did it. Kevin Durant joined the best. The best team in the Eastern Conference right now would be the Boston Celtics. I would figure out a way to Boston if I’m LeBron James.”

I know he’s almost universally hated by the fan base, but I’d welcome Lebron with open arms.

The question: would you trade Kyrie + Morris + filler for him?

I think I would:

Horford / Baynes
Tatum / Theis
Hayward
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

That team is close to unbeatable. Lebron plus four shooters? Lebron on the #1 defense?

Those that hate Lebron are missing out on watching an iconic player. As an individual basketball player, he's one of the top 3 in NBA history. He has averaged 27/7/7 for his career. No one his size has demonstrated an ability to be as complete of a player, including Magic Johnson.

I understand if fans don't like Lebron, but a GM that has the chance to acquire him and chooses not to should be fired.
This. I'd pack anyone's bags on the Celtics who's not Jaylen or Tatum, and that's because they're our future for the long term.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Would hate to see Lebron in green.

This team thrives on ball movement in Brad Stevens system. Lebron would come in and take everything over. I want my trust in CBS and Ainge, not Lebron. LAL can have him.

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 11:53:13 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
No. We don't need him to contend.

I don't want some dude about to hit the wall cause them to ship out some younger players that will contribute to the team far longer than James will.
He's been breaking through those walls easily, he has at least 5 years left in the tank. That's probably as long as what I'd expect Kyrie and Hayward to give us in terms of great production.

He's not playing at a high level for 5 more years. He'll be good, but he's going to need a lot more help coming up. He's going to be 34, he's approaching ancient in basketball years.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 12:23:12 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't want LeBron here.

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 12:23:20 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
If Lebron is wiiling to take an full-MLE i think Danny will aquire him

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2018, 12:31:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I don't want some dude about to hit the wall cause them to ship out some younger players that will contribute to the team far longer than James will.
He's been breaking through those walls easily, he has at least 5 years left in the tank. That's probably as long as what I'd expect Kyrie and Hayward to give us in terms of great production.

He's not playing at a high level for 5 more years. He'll be good, but he's going to need a lot more help coming up. He's going to be 34, he's approaching ancient in basketball years.
What is he going to decline to, do you think? 20/7/7 at 37? Maybe less rebounds and assists, but I doubt it would be many.

If he came here he could age pretty gracefully, with JT, Kyrie/Hayward and maybe JB (if we don’t move him during this fantasy scenario) taking pressure of his shoulders. Would be a crazy good team for half a decade comfortably
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2018, 12:53:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

What is he going to decline to, do you think? 20/7/7 at 37? Maybe less rebounds and assists, but I doubt it would be many.

If he came here he could age pretty gracefully, with JT, Kyrie/Hayward and maybe JB (if we don’t move him during this fantasy scenario) taking pressure of his shoulders. Would be a crazy good team for half a decade comfortably

Also if he came here, or Houston or Philly, he likely wouldn't need to play 40+ minutes a night daily just to give his team a chance to win. Most assume he will decline quicker staying in CLE as he's had to play 44-48 minutes in a lot of the big games.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
No goodbye I don't want LeBron here. That's also the reason why Kyrie left LeBron in Cleveland.

I'm good with Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2018, 01:20:48 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
The thought of LeBron in a Celts uniform doesn't feel right... Remember that one year Dominique Wilkins played for the Celts? It'd be kinda like that.

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2018, 01:33:10 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I reaaaaaally have a hard time thinking that Ainge would trade Horford or Hayward for anyone other than Anthony Davis,
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2018, 01:47:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I would love to have LeBron on the Celtics, but I'm not trading Irving or Hayward to make the salaries work. Horford doesn't make sense for either team, so I don't know how you could make the salaries work.

Even if LeBron says f-it, I'm willing to go to the Celtics for the mid-level exception, I would still have hesitation. If I'm Danny, I would ask Kyrie if he would be on board with LeBron on the team and still sign an extension. Also, I would want Danny, coach Stevens, and ownership to make it clear to LeBron that they know what they're doing and to respect their decisions and trust them. And that this is Kyrie's team.

Why?

With all due respect to Kyrie or Hayward, Lebron is light years ahead of them as a player.

And he’s consistently healthy

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2018, 01:55:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I would love to have LeBron on the Celtics, but I'm not trading Irving or Hayward to make the salaries work. Horford doesn't make sense for either team, so I don't know how you could make the salaries work.

Even if LeBron says f-it, I'm willing to go to the Celtics for the mid-level exception, I would still have hesitation. If I'm Danny, I would ask Kyrie if he would be on board with LeBron on the team and still sign an extension. Also, I would want Danny, coach Stevens, and ownership to make it clear to LeBron that they know what they're doing and to respect their decisions and trust them. And that this is Kyrie's team.

Why?

With all due respect to Kyrie or Hayward, Lebron is light years ahead of them as a player.

And he’s consistently healthy

Lebron is 8-9 years older than kyrie, 13 years older than tatum. We actually have a team that can compete for the next 8-9 years right now, why we would consider mortgaging that for a chance to be equivalent underdogs to the warriors is hard to wrap my head around...

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2018, 02:14:27 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Count me in the minority of fans that would have a hard time accepting LeBron in Boston.  It would be fun for sure but at the end of the day I'm a sucker for the journey.  I prefer that this incarnation of the Celtics beats LeBron and Golden State.  In the long run I want us to become like the Spurs of the past 20 years.  LBJ would essentially be a hired gun who overshadows the tradition and history of the Celtics.   

I absolutely hated the Durant move to Golden State.  LBJ to Boston would require a sign and trade but the spirit of the move is similar to KD's.  There's no issue on my part if Ainge brings in a guy like Davis, Towns, Kawhi etc.  At least we can debate the value on both sides of the deal.  LeBron is just too much because nobody is even close to his level.   

Somewhat agree and disagree, my feelings are really mixed on the issue.

I don't believe I would have a hard time with him wearing the green...but having said that, I'd prefer a path where we legitimately take over the mantle of Beast of the East...beat Lebron and then beat whatever the West throws at us next year.

And while I prefer that, if (when?) Lebron's Cavs get swept away this year, there is only one team that he could join that would put him in the best possible position to be champion again...and that's Boston.

Like you, I hated the Durant to GSW move, for two reasons.  First, the "can't beat them, join them" decision of Durant, but, to be honest, I was totally ticked off that he chose them over Boston, especially after Al was on board.  If I hated that move then...how could I support a similar decision by Lebron you might ask?

Durant and his team couldn't beat GSW...Lebron did beat us...he does beat us, until Father Time layeth down the Smackdown...but we are a strong enough team that by adding him, we would see a Finals appearance almost guaranteed for years to come.