Author Topic: Trade Idea with Chicago  (Read 1395 times)

Trade Idea with Chicago
« on: November 16, 2023, 04:24:37 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Chicago may be blowing it up. If so...

Pritchard, Brissett, Svi (to make the numbers work) and a first round pick or two, or a first round pick and two seconds (whatever) for Drummond and Caruso. We don't need draft picks any time soon and we have enough even if we give up a few now.

Porzingis, Drummond, Horford, Tatum, Brown, White, Holiday and Caruso become your first eight players in the rotation.

At the trade deadline/buyout market:

1. Bring in a a back up PF and a wing using our $6mm trade exception and a vet min contact or some other trade exception if we have it.

That team wins a championship if healthy and you can run it out for another 4-5 years as well.

Porzingis | Drummond | Queta, Kornet, or both
Tatum | Horford | trade deadline/buyout market PF using trade exceptions and/or vet min contracts
Brown | Hauser
White |  trade deadline or buyout market wing using trade exceptions and/or vet min contracts
Holiday | Caruso 

Stevens, Kornet and Queta become your 12th, 13th and 14th players in the rotation...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 04:37:37 PM by Donoghus »

Re: Trade Idea with Chicago
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 04:51:13 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Drummond has washed out of 5 teams since 2020, CLE, LAL, PHI, BKN, and now CHI.  It has been a steady and inelegant decline.  I don't see him helping us at all.

Caruso is a useful enough player but you are trading Pritchard and decreasing the role of Hauser, to bring in Caruso.  I don't know if that is even an upgrade.  Even if you concede that Drummond is not your #8 guy, more like #11, is Caruso + Hauser as #7 and #8 really all that much better than Pritchard and Hauser?

I pass on this trade.  Keep the picks and use the with the TPE to get a better player than either Caruso or Drummond.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 05:07:05 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Drummond has gone from overrated to a bit underrated. As a back-up center with his elite rebounding he's serviceable.
But Kornet somehow comes out very well in a lot of stats. In his weird way he has a positive presence on the court.
I've always really liked Caruso, he'd help.

Though Pritchard has that killer instinct. I want to see Pritchard making that dead-eye-30-feet-Lillard-like-buzzer-beater-winner in a playoff series. But maybe it stays with dreams.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 05:21:07 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I think replacing Pritch with Caruso only really makes sense if you simply think Pritch cannot play in the playoffs at all. Otherwise, we already have White and Holiday providing stellar defense from the guard position and adding a third would be a luxury. For teams that would be starting Caruso or giving him bigger minutes, they'd certainly be willing to give up more in a trade than the Celtics.

Also, Caruso always seems to get these weird injuries (perhaps at least partially due to the way he plays) while Pritchard is pretty much an ironman.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 05:39:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I'd love to have Caruso. Happy to give up a 1st for him.

I do not see Drummond as a rotation player on this Celtics team. He is too far gone. A good 3rd string center. An upgrade over Kornet. Not someone I want to see in the playoffs rotation though.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 06:30:40 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
What is the point of getting Drummond?  Whatever Drummond provides with rebounding is trumped by his poor defense.  Playing KP and Drummond or Horford and Drummond together is not viable.  In the playoffs, all the meaningful center minutes should be taken by KP and Horford.