Author Topic: Would you trade Jaylen for this  (Read 4120 times)

Would you trade Jaylen for this
« on: November 12, 2023, 12:19:21 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 I wasn't interested in trading for Van Fleet but it does make it easy cap wise. It's a much easier trade with Fred involved.  It could be as easy as Fred, Amen Thompson,  and Sengun For Brown and Prichard.  Some draft capital coming back to Boston.

Now does that make us better, and would the next move be to flip Van Fleet for assets that better fit the team.

Sengun is avg 19ppg 8rpg 6apg shooting 62% and he's 21 years old.  We were going to take him #16 was the word but traded for Horford.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:05:56 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Would you trade Jaylen for this
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 02:30:10 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I do really like this, but Brown is more likely to win us a championship this year.  I'd strongly consider it in the offseason

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 04:26:16 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Nope

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 05:47:02 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Yup we need some depth and some smart BBIQ. Don't wanna keep living with 1 good JB game that'll give us 4 bad games. And he's a $300M contract which is vastly overpaid.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 07:59:21 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
the funny thing is, for as much hate as brown is getting on this board

hes averaging 23ppg on 46.7% shooting and 38.2% from 3 on the season. the way some fans talk about him you would think hes an absolute bum.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 08:08:18 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

hes averaging 23ppg on 46.7% shooting and 38.2% from 3 on the season. the way some fans talk about him you would think hes an absolute bum.

I mean we know he's very very good. It's why Houston would probably do the deal, he's just an enigma. You can't quite put your finger on it, but some deep basketball sense tells me he's just doesn't get it.

Hard to explain what's missing with JB except to say BBIQ. Just thought he was so Raw coming out of Cal and some of those same traits are still present.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 08:15:07 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I do really like this, but Brown is more likely to win us a championship this year.  I'd strongly consider it in the offseason

If fit becomes a problem, sure. I don't see that yet.

I don't think we should trade away the best player in a trade in the same season that we're trying to win a championship.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 08:27:51 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366

I mean we know he's very very good. It's why Houston would probably do the deal, he's just an enigma. You can't quite put your finger on it, but some deep basketball sense tells me he's just doesn't get it.

Hard to explain what's missing with JB except to say BBIQ. Just thought he was so Raw coming out of Cal and some of those same traits are still present.

he still has untimely turnovers and some boneheaded mistakes, but I just don't see the point in trading someone with those numbers for "role players" when the whole point of trading/letting go of Smart/grant/Williams/Brogdon for Jrue/Porzingis was to get more "top end" talent at the expense of "depth"

now fans suggesting we trade a guy putting up those numbers above #2 scorer on the team for depth....

maybe if the fit isn't there in the offseason or next offseason. but he's clearly fitting in just fine with this roster considering his stats and the team's stats as a whole.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2023, 09:49:20 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Why would the C’s want VanFleet when they already have White and Holiday. They going to pay him $40M/year to come off the bench? Doesn’t make sense.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2023, 09:58:48 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Why would the C’s want VanFleet when they already have White and Holiday. They going to pay him $40M/year to come off the bench? Doesn’t make sense.

Edit* How many teams are going to value Fred at $40M/year in a potential trade? He’s nearly 30, too. I’m not sure he has much value.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2023, 04:13:32 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Edit* How many teams are going to value Fred at $40M/year in a potential trade? He’s nearly 30, too. I’m not sure he has much value.

Brown to Houston----Fred V. to Dallas with some pick and a depth player----Kyrie to L.A with fillers-----D. Russel, Hachimura, Reaves and pick to Toronto------Siakam and Amen Thompson to Celtics.

;D

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2023, 05:35:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
This would be a god awful trade. I literally don’t understand the thinking of trading a perennial all star for guys that probably will never make another all star game. Why are we also getting young players not in their prime to pair with the end of van fleet, holiday and porzingas primes?

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2023, 06:54:28 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
This would be a god awful trade. I literally don’t understand the thinking of trading a perennial all star for guys that probably will never make another all star game. Why are we also getting young players not in their prime to pair with the end of van fleet, holiday and porzingas primes?

Why do we want draft picks / young players when Tatum is hitting his prime?   That should be the #1 question anyone asks themself if they propose a trade.
Is this helping us keep Tatum?   If the answer is no, probably go back to the drawing board.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2023, 07:15:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Not sure I'd trade Sengun for Jaylen if I were Houston.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2023, 09:29:58 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Sengun’s stock alone is higher than Jaylen Brown, nevermind the contracts. Houston would hold a meeting about it but pass