Author Topic: Waivers, anyone you would like to sign?  (Read 10453 times)

Re: Waivers, anyone you would like to sign?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2023, 01:08:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I know he is a massive bust from what was expected but ill probably still want to take a flier on Noel until he is like 35.

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2023, 01:48:56 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
There is no player out there that is going to crack the Celtics lineup, especially in the playoffs.   

They are better off waiting and see if there is trade out there using the 6 million TPE, likely as part of a bigger trade with uneven players being swapped.

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2023, 02:46:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There is no player out there that is going to crack the Celtics lineup, especially in the playoffs.   

They are better off waiting and see if there is trade out there using the 6 million TPE, likely as part of a bigger trade with uneven players being swapped.

I think I'd target Otto Porter, and then flip him plus Banton for somebody in the $10 million range.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2023, 03:43:37 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 I feel like if Pritchard can be a successful backup we’re on depth wise . I’m going to assume Queta doesn’t know where to be in situations , yet. I thought he looked pretty good as a third string big man. I’ve seen Alec Burks name out there before . I’m not sure who else I’d worth overpaying for.
  It’s a lot of fun seeing who is going to crack this rotation, even up to the 9th, 10th man.
  There’s things I like about all these guys I like that were DNPS in the New York opener. Stevens , Brisset, Svi, Queta, Banton . I see Queta taking Kiornet’s minutes. Other than that I’m not sure.

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2023, 04:55:00 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I feel like if Pritchard can be a successful backup we’re on depth wise . I’m going to assume Queta doesn’t know where to be in situations , yet. I thought he looked pretty good as a third string big man. I’ve seen Alec Burks name out there before . I’m not sure who else I’d worth overpaying for.
  It’s a lot of fun seeing who is going to crack this rotation, even up to the 9th, 10th man.
  There’s things I like about all these guys I like that were DNPS in the New York opener. Stevens , Brisset, Svi, Queta, Banton . I see Queta taking Kiornet’s minutes. Other than that I’m not sure.

Our biggest issue right now is that we have plenty to of guys who are good 3rd stringers, but not enough who are good second stringers. If Queta can develop into a passable 3rd big then we'll be in a great position
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2023, 07:00:38 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

Our biggest issue right now is that we have plenty to of guys who are good 3rd stringers, but not enough who are good second stringers. If Queta can develop into a passable 3rd big then we'll be in a great position

Yes. We actually have 6 starters but no real solid second stringers. Very unusual roster make up.

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2023, 10:07:59 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

I know the Knicks and Heat are really tough matchups to base this on, but Pritchard just continues to be hounded on offense and targeted on defense. It's hard to imagine he can play regularly as the third guard in the playoffs.

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2023, 10:15:53 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Kornet got zero minutes vs the Heat. Maybe it’s not too far fetched to think that he may indeed be cut if the right big man comes along.

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2023, 10:30:34 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
Kornet got zero minutes vs the Heat. Maybe it’s not too far fetched to think that he may indeed be cut if the right big man comes along.

I wonder if he and Brisett are going to switch off on being the 3rd big based on matchups, with Kornet playing against bigger teams and Oshae against smaller ones. I guess both playing when Al/Porzingis miss a game, too, which sounds rough
I'm bitter.

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2023, 10:34:21 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

I wonder if he and Brisett are going to switch off on being the 3rd big based on matchups, with Kornet playing against bigger teams and Oshae against smaller ones. I guess both playing when Al/Porzingis miss a game, too, which sounds rough

Maybe they bring in Queta in those games. But still, a vet big man would be nice. I was really hoping we’d get Saric but he chose to go to GSW.

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2023, 10:37:33 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson

Maybe they bring in Queta in those games. But still, a vet big man would be nice. I was really hoping we’d get Saric but he chose to go to GSW.

If Queta cools down on the fouling, then absolutely. Especially if Al is out, he's the only other big with real toughness. I hope we use the TPE at some point to bring in a legit big or a contract that can be used to get a real big later because it's our one glaring weakness
I'm bitter.

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2023, 11:21:28 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

I know the Knicks and Heat are really tough matchups to base this on, but Pritchard just continues to be hounded on offense and targeted on defense. It's hard to imagine he can play regularly as the third guard in the playoffs.

I have this concern, too. I have so much respect for his skill. But I’m not sure he can overcome this, at least this year.

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2023, 01:52:28 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

I have this concern, too. I have so much respect for his skill. But I’m not sure he can overcome this, at least this year.

Yeah, I'm not overly worried about being able to find a guard before the playoffs if that's what it comes to. Somebody who is defense first would be a nice counterpart to Pritchard. I'm more worried that his future trade value will be diminished with his new extension and more bad tape of him out there.

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2023, 01:54:46 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
The list of FAs and waived players will look different during the trade deadline which I think is the earliest Brad might pull the trigger on a change, unless someone gets injured. We gotta give the guys we have some PT first to see who adds value and who doesn't.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2023, 01:56:26 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I think he's a big risk to be cut, given his salary isn't guaranteed. He's the guy who will make way if we need someone else. But I wouldn't read too much into him getting zero minutes 2nd game of the season - Joe loves tinkering and he's not the type that will throw in 12 players into one game unless it's a blowout. He tends to stick to his rotation of 8 or so players but just pick which players will be getting that PT off the bench.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D