Author Topic: Wizards (18-15) at Celtics (27-9) Game #37 12/25/17  (Read 25819 times)

Re: Wizards (18-15) at Celtics (27-9) Game #37 12/25/17
« Reply #330 on: December 26, 2017, 03:39:36 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Officially on the “Kyrie plays hero ball down the stretch and it hurts us” train

hero ball, hero ball?  seriously.  KI had the layup that just barely rolled off the rim.  that just after draining a long 3.   ::)

He's a -13.  We are hiding him on Oubre,  and Oubre keeps scoring.  He has sucked,. But hey, 20 pts

Since when are the C's hiding KI on D?  He's been at the top of the defense guarding Beal or Wall.
don't engage

he has an agenda

I realize that having seen some of his posts in other threads. 

But when it's blatantly obvious during a game that he's not watching the same game everyone else is, that's when you destroy his credibility (assuming he has any).

I've watched every second of this game -- read thru the stupid thread.  You literally just can't handle the objective truth, so you choose not to see it.

Where was he offensively at the end?  Why is Tatum the guy we continually went to for buckets?  He's a supertstar, MVP etc.

edit: Personal attack reported.  Easier to see the game when u played D1.

You're incorrigible. 

What personal attack?  Your posts define "lack of credibility" based on an pre-existing agenda which precedes you by reputation.  When you're wrong, you resort to reporting people for "personal attacks" to vindicate yourself even when shown to be biased and flat out wrong.  And do me a favor and lose your condescending attitude, mkay, or I'll give something real, not imagined, to report me for.

Okay.  I will create a thread tomorrow.  It will be entirely for your benefit. I will timestamp every single possession that Kyrie was beat or responsible for points tonight. I've literally been accurate in every single post I've made this thread.  Again, I am sorry.  But who cares??? We weren't contending this year anyway.  It's not that big of a deal.  And his movie will probably be awesome.  There's lots of NBA players in it, I think.

Hold on there, pardner, you're changing the playing field in a further attempt to rationalize your agenda (more below).  This is what you wrote taken verbatim:

"I'll rewatch the game and give you timestamps for all the possessions he was hidden on Oubre.  I get it... his brand is super cool.  But you guys need to open yuor eyes if you want to effectively argue this stuff."

Put up or shut up if you can't find evidence that KI was hidden on Oubre (which is what the C's had to do all year long last year with IT especially in last year's playoffs) in tonight's game. 

Additionally, why do you continually harp on KI"s "brand" or making a movie.  what does that have to do with his play tonight (or any other night for that matter).  Why does that matter to you.  Do you make similar snide remarks directed at other NBA stars when they make commercials?  If not, why not? 

The point is that your overweening hatred of all things KI in favor of your boy, IT who is long gone (get over it), colors your perceptions during games making them unworthy of credibility notwithstanding your appeals to yourself as an authority (claiming you played D1 collegiate B ball).   Since it matters to you beuilding up your self esteem, were you a starter or an end-of-the-bench towel waver living off your high school press clippings? 

In any case, I await with bated breath for not just timestamped instances demonstratively showing KI singled on Oubre to "hide him" (on defense) but actual gifs or clips taken from tonight's game showing that to be the case.

I decided against it -- you can watch the game for yourself, assuming you're a big boy.  He was clearly hidden on Oubre because he's a horrible defender. 

A quicker way for you to get a sense of Kyrie's defense is to simply Google it -- you'll get tons of results right up until this summer.  He drove CLE fans nuts. 

Reported for multiple personal attacks, pardner.

You say it as though being a snitch (the very antithesis of having character) is something be proud about. You continue to stir the post and then get all defensive when people call you out. If you can't take people calling you out, then stop being an instigator. You can't have it both ways. I'm sure the mods have better things to do then deal with your petulant crying about these perceived "personal attacks".

I'm not stirring the pot or trolling in any way.  I have pointed out a player's deficiencies in the same way that other posters have regarding IT, Crowder, Bradley, etc.  This extends to the President, which ruffles feathers a heck of a lot more than a basketball player.  And I have done so without insulting or personally attacking others.  I welcome people to provide evidence against my points.  I'm open for discussions about the games, players' performances, etc.  But others continue to prove, time and time again, that they're unable to do so without slinging insults.  That's a reflection of character, as is my choice not to stoop to that level.  Pointing out that I'm reporting them is a courtesy -- I'm simply drawing a line in the sand with respect to forum rules.

Do you not see the irony in your encouraging others to blatantly insult me, and question me any chance you get?  I'm sorry that my posts upset you so much -- it is not my intention to ruin your day, Eddie.  I truthfully don't understand it -- I don't become upset by reading other peoples' perspectives on our players?  Don't let me ruin your time, bud.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 03:59:25 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #331 on: December 26, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Officially on the “Kyrie plays hero ball down the stretch and it hurts us” train

hero ball, hero ball?  seriously.  KI had the layup that just barely rolled off the rim.  that just after draining a long 3.   ::)

He's a -13.  We are hiding him on Oubre,  and Oubre keeps scoring.  He has sucked,. But hey, 20 pts

Since when are the C's hiding KI on D?  He's been at the top of the defense guarding Beal or Wall.
don't engage

he has an agenda

But when it's blatantly obvious during a game that he's not watching the same game everyone else is, that's when you destroy his credibility (assuming he has any).

I've watched every second of this game -- read thru the stupid thread.  You literally just can't handle the objective truth, so you choose not to see it.

Where was he offensively at the end?  Why is Tatum the guy we continually went to for buckets?  He's a supertstar, MVP etc.

You're incorrigible. 

What personal attack?  Your posts define "lack of credibility" based on an pre-existing agenda which precedes you by reputation.  When you're wrong, you resort to reporting people for "personal attacks" to vindicate yourself even when shown to be biased and flat out wrong.  And do me a favor and lose your condescending attitude, mkay, or I'll give something real, not imagined, to report me for.

Okay.  I will create a thread tomorrow.  It will be entirely for your benefit. I will timestamp every single possession that Kyrie was beat or responsible for points tonight. I've literally been accurate in every single post I've made this thread.  Again, I am sorry.  But who cares??? We weren't contending this year anyway.  It's not that big of a deal.  And his movie will probably be awesome.  There's lots of NBA players in it, I think.

Hold on there, pardner, you're changing the playing field in a further attempt to rationalize your agenda (more below).  This is what you wrote taken verbatim:

"I'll rewatch the game and give you timestamps for all the possessions he was hidden on Oubre.  I get it... his brand is super cool.  But you guys need to open yuor eyes if you want to effectively argue this stuff."

Put up or shut up if you can't find evidence that KI was hidden on Oubre (which is what the C's had to do all year long last year with IT especially in last year's playoffs) in tonight's game. 

Additionally, why do you continually harp on KI"s "brand" or making a movie.  what does that have to do with his play tonight (or any other night for that matter).  Why does that matter to you.  Do you make similar snide remarks directed at other NBA stars when they make commercials?  If not, why not? 

The point is that your overweening hatred of all things KI in favor of your boy, IT who is long gone (get over it), colors your perceptions during games making them unworthy of credibility notwithstanding your appeals to yourself as an authority (claiming you played D1 collegiate B ball).   Since it matters to you beuilding up your self esteem, were you a starter or an end-of-the-bench towel waver living off your high school press clippings? 

In any case, I await with bated breath for not just timestamped instances demonstratively showing KI singled on Oubre to "hide him" (on defense) but actual gifs or clips taken from tonight's game showing that to be the case.

I decided against it -- you can watch the game for yourself, assuming you're a big boy.  He was clearly hidden on Oubre because he's a horrible defender. 

A quicker way for you to get a sense of Kyrie's defense is to simply Google it -- you'll get tons of results right up until this summer.  He drove CLE fans nuts. 

You say it as though being a snitch (the very antithesis of having character) is something be proud about. You continue to stir the post and then get all defensive when people call you out. If you can't take people calling you out, then stop being an instigator. You can't have it both ways. I'm sure the mods have better things to do then deal with your petulant crying about these perceived "personal attacks".

Well, if someone is truly being attacked, they have a right to report it. Bragging about reporting it is rather odd, though. And I don't see the benefit of telling people you're reporting them, that seems like nothing more than adding fuel to the fire.

But as far as I can tell, this person isn't really being attacked. For the most part it's just people pointing out trollish behavior. If you're going to troll people just don't be surprised when they call you out on it.

"Shut up," "End of bench towel waiver," etc.  Those are clear personal attacks.  Giving someone fair warning that they are being reported is a generosity, not a "brag."  Making statements about a player's deficiencies are what posters do every single day.  I am sorry if you feel offended, but it doesn't give others the right to openly insult me, nor you the right to encourage them here and elsewhere.   Grow up.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 03:55:10 PM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #332 on: December 26, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
This one is done.  Sorry Kyrie was horrible defensively and failed to show up in the 4th quarter. Those clutch stats took a hit tonight.  Tatum looks promising as a go-to option though, and we have the assets to eventually land a two-way superstar.

Again, maybe your argument would be taken more seriously if you weren't simultaneously butthurt over losing IT, who is objectively an even worse defender. Until you can remedy this contradiction outside of IT "making you feel like a little boy again," your arguments are null, meaningless, and pretty clearly rooted in a strong anti-Kyrie bias.

That's not a personal attack at all. 

You whined about IT in every single game thread for 2 years.  How many times did I call you on it?  Never.  Why not, tarheels?  Because I couldn't care less what you thought of one player -- one of my favorite players to ever wear green, to boot.  We still had solid exchanges, and frankly, that was your prerogative.  You're blatantly insulting me here.  I don't care if nameless, 17 year old boys sling insults at me, but I expected more from you.

Lol Tarheels, buddy, you need to relax with this personal attack stuff. I’m in no way personally attacking you or blatantly insulting you; I’m calling out on your faulty logic, which you have yet to address and are conveniently ignoring. That’s completely different than personally attacking you. I’m not sure why you’re on a sports thread if you both (a) can’t take personal attacks in the first place, and (b) consider someone stating that you’re utilizing faulty logic a personal attack. That is non-sense, snowflake-level stuff, which I know you’re not.

And regarding the IT stuff, yeah, I criticized him a lot, but I also gave him his fair props when he deserved it and actively rooted for him as a Celtic. You’ve went way beyond the types of criticism that I gave IT into the territory of an irrational bias against Kyrie.

EDIT: Hell, you just stated above that you hope IT and Cleveland beat us in the playoffs. As much as I disliked IT’s game, I never once rooted against him as a Celtic. That’s a whole other level of hate.

There are several clear insults there.  If you don't want to receive them, don't make them.  For as many times as I've disagreed with your perspective, I haven't laughed at you or called your points void, meaningless, etc. 

1.  What is the faulty logic?  What contradiction do I need to remedy?

I'll try to help: I've repeatedly stated that I believe IT is a worse defender than Kyrie, if that's what you're alluding to.  I've also made very specific statements about what Kyrie has done well and brought to the Celtics. I literally can't see what else there could be... but, I wouldn't label your post "meaningless," just out of respect. 

2.  I can't take personal attacks?  I repeatedly take them, and I have yet to stoop to that level.  The point is, I don't need to -- they violate forum rules.  Trust that I can dish them out with the very best of them yet refrain despite there being little to no repercussions. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:00:34 PM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2017, 04:09:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
This one is done.  Sorry Kyrie was horrible defensively and failed to show up in the 4th quarter. Those clutch stats took a hit tonight.  Tatum looks promising as a go-to option though, and we have the assets to eventually land a two-way superstar.

Again, maybe your argument would be taken more seriously if you weren't simultaneously butthurt over losing IT, who is objectively an even worse defender. Until you can remedy this contradiction outside of IT "making you feel like a little boy again," your arguments are null, meaningless, and pretty clearly rooted in a strong anti-Kyrie bias.

That's not a personal attack at all. 

You whined about IT in every single game thread for 2 years.  How many times did I call you on it?  Never.  Why not, tarheels?  Because I couldn't care less what you thought of one player -- one of my favorite players to ever wear green, to boot.  We still had solid exchanges, and frankly, that was your prerogative.  You're blatantly insulting me here.  I don't care if nameless, 17 year old boys sling insults at me, but I expected more from you.

Lol Tarheels, buddy, you need to relax with this personal attack stuff. I’m in no way personally attacking you or blatantly insulting you; I’m calling out on your faulty logic, which you have yet to address and are conveniently ignoring. That’s completely different than personally attacking you. I’m not sure why you’re on a sports thread if you both (a) can’t take personal attacks in the first place, and (b) consider someone stating that you’re utilizing faulty logic a personal attack. That is non-sense, snowflake-level stuff, which I know you’re not.

And regarding the IT stuff, yeah, I criticized him a lot, but I also gave him his fair props when he deserved it and actively rooted for him as a Celtic. You’ve went way beyond the types of criticism that I gave IT into the territory of an irrational bias against Kyrie.

EDIT: Hell, you just stated above that you hope IT and Cleveland beat us in the playoffs. As much as I disliked IT’s game, I never once rooted against him as a Celtic. That’s a whole other level of hate.

There are several clear insults there.  If you don't want to receive them, don't make them.  For as many times as I've disagreed with your perspective, I haven't laughed at you or called your points void, meaningless, etc. 

1.  What is the faulty logic?  What contradiction do I need to remedy?

I'll try to help: I've repeatedly stated that I believe IT is a worse defender than Kyrie, if that's what you're alluding to.  I've also made very specific statements about what Kyrie has done well and brought to the Celtics. I literally can't see what else there could be... but, I wouldn't label your post "meaningless," just out of respect. 

2.  I can't take personal attacks?  I repeatedly take them, and I have yet to stoop to that level. The point is, I don't need to -- they violate forum rules.  Trust that I can dish them out with the very best of them yet refrain despite there being little to no repercussions.

So it’s a left leg injury apparently. Oh man, Danny really needs to get some help soon.

Same leg as his recent Achilles injury?

Yup, same leg. Hopefully it’s nothing major.

I was relieved when you said right leg, but man now it's very concerning.

This leads me to question our new medical staff.  Between Morris' recurring knee soreness and now a potential injury to Brown's leg, I've quickly lost faith in the injury management of our medical team - from the outside looking in, anyway.

Eh. Hard to make any judgements on Jaylen's injury without knowing more. As far as Morris, his knee's structurally sound  from all reports. I believe they've managed it well.

You believe? That's comforting.  Please state your highest level of basketball played, medical knowledge and/or experience, and what resources you have in mom's basement to continue to grow in this regard.

Talk about personal attacks!  ;)

I'm glad to see a response.  This post was made on the heels of RJ's statement last night that I have no credibility -- a clear personal attack.  Here, I am asking questions that may give others an idea of his credibility, while not explicitly stating he has none.  If his comment is not a violation of forum rules, that mine absolutely cannot be considered one.  Further, if his is not, I am free to move well beyond simply asking questions.

Thanks for your post.

That’s not a personal attack toward RJ, but me saying “your arguments are null, meaningless, and pretty clearly rooted in a strong anti-Kyrie bias” due to faulty, inconsistent logic is a personal attack?

Yikes! Yeah, that’s rich. I think that’s enough conversing with Tarheels for one day. Lol

« Reply #334 on: December 26, 2017, 04:25:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

don't engage

he has an agenda

You're incorrigible. 

Well, if someone is truly being attacked, they have a right to report it. Bragging about reporting it is rather odd, though. And I don't see the benefit of telling people you're reporting them, that seems like nothing more than adding fuel to the fire.

But as far as I can tell, this person isn't really being attacked. For the most part it's just people pointing out trollish behavior. If you're going to troll people just don't be surprised when they call you out on it.

"Shut up," "End of bench towel waiver," etc.  Those are clear personal attacks.  Giving someone fair warning that they are being reported is a generosity, not a "brag."  Making statements about a player's deficiencies are what posters do every single day.  I am sorry if you feel offended, but it doesn't give others the right to openly insult me, nor you the right to encourage them here and elsewhere.   Grow up.

LOL

It's pretty obvious to pretty much everyone here who needs to "grow up".

But go right ahead and continue acting the way you do, it's no skin off my back. I tried to caution you a while ago that if you kept up down this path you were going to alienate everyone. You chose not to heed my friendly advice and now are dealing with the blow back.

Good luck...

« Reply #335 on: December 26, 2017, 08:45:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Enough with the name calling and disrespecting each other. Not only here but in other threads and future game threads! Expect repercussions!