Author Topic: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20  (Read 64721 times)

Re: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20
« Reply #1035 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Brad has not lost this team..... HE NEVER had the team. He is too docile for a coach. We have said this over and over again, but some of you disagreed. Now that you need a coach to step in, you have NOTHING.

« Reply #1036 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:11 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Maybe the C's should trade one of the J's and Kemba? Get some bigs who can score and rebound?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1037 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:48 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Better to be yelling and throwing crap in the locker room than not.

I'd be more peeved if there wasn't emotion being shown.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1038 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:58 PM »

Online Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 230
Kemba needs to learn the basics on guarding the p n r rather than flailingly chasing people around. Drives me nuts.

« Reply #1039 on: September 17, 2020, 10:05:02 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Is his ire aimed at Tatum or Theis?  He should look in the mirror after this one.  Smart was as poor as any of them.

Shouldn't be unloading on Tatum. Tatum passed the ball very well tonight. I actually thought he was kind of passive in the 4th

but his defense is "soft"  ....  he doesn't take charges, doesn't grab offensive rebounds, doesn't dive and could box out harder

Theis is just brutal in this series.

He was super passive at points (gee, maybe bc people jumped off buildings over his shot selection last game...) I think he's in his own head a bit.
Considering how Brown went hot in the fourth I'm glad he was "passive" and let Brown cook while being proactive at chipping in when needed, he turned in a decent quarter offensively (got absolutely roasted defensively though).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1040 on: September 17, 2020, 10:05:10 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
Is his ire aimed at Tatum or Theis?  He should look in the mirror after this one.  Smart was as poor as any of them.

Shouldn't be unloading on Tatum. Tatum passed the ball very well tonight. I actually thought he was kind of passive in the 4th

but his defense is "soft"  ....  he doesn't take charges, doesn't grab offensive rebounds, doesn't dive and could box out harder

Tatum can’t stop Butler in the 4th quarter on drives. 2 games in a row
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #1041 on: September 17, 2020, 10:05:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

The thing about Theis is the same as the rest of our bigs ... they are all too situational.  We don't have a single guy who doesn't have really major flaws that can severely limit his impact depending on matchups.

Top 4-5 players on the team are nice but the supporting cast is not deep enough or versatile enough.  I don't think this is much more complicated than that. 

Not to say they're maximizing what they have, but I don't think they have the pieces to hang with this Heat team.

This is true.  And a signal for Ainge to shore up the center spot this coming offseason

I keep thinking a guy like Xavier Tillman is the exact big man this team could use

If Heat make it to the finals against Lakers or Nuggets. Adebayo impact should be lessened.   CAn't see him bully a guy like Anthony Davis

« Reply #1042 on: September 17, 2020, 10:06:07 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/1306771926589878274?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1306771926589878274%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Smart wasn’t the only one yelling. There were definitely items thrown and a lot of yelling. #Celtics

https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/1306773458626531334?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1306773458626531334%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Been outside a bunch of locker rooms in my days. That’s was as raucous as I’ve ever heard. #Celtics

Brad is losing this team. Can only be that passive and ineffective for so long before they turn on you. He's failing our guys.
There is a vacuum of leadership on this team which includes both players and coaches. Who is the real leader?  Smart?  Hmm, not sure with his temperament.  Tatum is still young.  Walker has been deer-in-the headlights lately but less a leader.  This could be the biggest issue that Ainge faces as he considers off-season moves.

« Reply #1043 on: September 17, 2020, 10:06:53 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/1306771306613014528

Sorry for the curse word.

apparently they are still fighting as per Washburn

Its because you have a 17 point lead.  And even 5 point lead with 3min and change to go.  And as Heat raise the temp,  Celts buckle on both ends

Its disgusting

This is good I don’t mind this. No matter what level of sport we played we’ve all been there frustrated after losses, he’ll we’re doing it as fans  :laugh:

They should have been mad and yelling at halftime and during the 3rd quarter. Bit late now but I want them fired up

Yeah I don't mind it either, even if Smart didn't play particularly well this game.  He makes bad decisions at times, but I never have to question his effort.  I'm not giving him a pass, but if someone is going to yell at other people it should be Smart.  Kind of like when KG used to yell at people.  A few years back Draymond Green went on a halftime tirade in the locker room in a playoff game.  It's fine.

TP. Completely agree with this. Did not have a great game, but he's the emotional leader of this team. And we've looked lifeless out there with no energy and no emotion.

These guys need a good ripping, and we sure know that Boy Scout Brad isn't going to do it.

« Reply #1044 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:01 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

The thing about Theis is the same as the rest of our bigs ... they are all too situational.  We don't have a single guy who doesn't have really major flaws that can severely limit his impact depending on matchups.

Top 4-5 players on the team are nice but the supporting cast is not deep enough or versatile enough.  I don't think this is much more complicated than that. 

Not to say they're maximizing what they have, but I don't think they have the pieces to hang with this Heat team.

This is true.  And a signal for Ainge to shore up the center spot this coming offseason

I keep thinking a guy like Xavier Tillman is the exact big man this team could use

If Heat make it to the finals against Lakers or Nuggets. Adebayo impact should be lessened.   CAn't see him bully a guy like Anthony Davis

Ainge should be fired for his inability to develop a center for more than a decade.

« Reply #1045 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
While all the screaming and equipment being tossed around in the room, Brad probably just have his hands in his pockets staring at them like a ridiculous passive person  >:(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1046 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:26 PM »

Offline yelkao

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 17
I wouldn’t be surprised if they were yelling at each other at halftime. The way they finished the half, I could tell, some of those guys looked really frustrated with the decision making. I think Jaylen, especially, looked frustrated. I bet they got into it at halftime and it completely ruined them in the 3rd.

I also like to over analyze things, so. There’s that.

« Reply #1047 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/1306771306613014528

Sorry for the curse word.

apparently they are still fighting as per Washburn

Its because you have a 17 point lead.  And even 5 point lead with 3min and change to go.  And as Heat raise the temp,  Celts buckle on both ends

Its disgusting

It would actually be hilarious if all the yelling, screaming and throwing stuff turns out to be Brad Stevens.

« Reply #1048 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:37 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Better to be yelling and throwing crap in the locker room than not.

I'd be more peeved if there wasn't emotion being shown.

For sure.  I wanted to throw my TV out of my window after a major defensive miscommunication in Game 1 OT, leading to Crowder being wide open and making a 3.

If they're not mad at themselves and each other then something is wrong.

« Reply #1049 on: September 17, 2020, 10:07:53 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Brad has not lost this team..... HE NEVER had the team. He is too docile for a coach. We have said this over and over again, but some of you disagreed. Now that you need a coach to step in, you have NOTHING.

I mean... We are in the conference finals for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Tonight's loss was bad but some of these takes are over the top.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman