Author Topic: Report: Celtics postseason failure may reduce chance of AD trade  (Read 1657 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
wonder who's pushing to the New Orleans Advocate to make singe increase his bid https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/pelicans/article_90806f70-72bb-11e9-9b7f-4fc4c0ba000d.html

The Celtics’ flameout in the postseason may have reduced the possibility of the Pelicans trading Anthony Davis to Boston, according to Scott Kushner of The New Orleans Advocate. A package of forward Jayson Tatum and a handful of the Celtics’ first-round draft picks would have been considered a fair return for Davis, who can become a free agent after next season. However, Tatum regressed in his second season and struggled during the postseason, Kushner continues. Boston’s incentive to acquire Davis has diminished with the likely departure of Kyrie Irving and the lack of enough quality pieces around Davis after a potential trade to make a championship run, Kushner adds.

Re: Report: Celtics postseason failure may reduce chance of AD trade
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 10:17:49 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
It still didn't stopped the Mavs for trading for Harrison Barnes and signing him for max after his abysmal Finals performance.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 10:26:03 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
So going to a second round team which has a need that David would fill makes less sense than going to say the lakers or knicks?

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I am not going to get my hopes too high on Davis, but this is nothing but speculation.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 10:54:48 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
We can only hope!!

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
if new orleans makes decisions based upon a 4 game sample instead of tatum's entire body of work, well, they are indeed stupid.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 11:06:33 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Celtics fans need to get used to the fact that Tatum and Brown are both being sent to New Orleans.   The Celtics aren't going to let this slip through their hands.  You have to do what it takes to put two players the level of Davis and Kyrie together when the opportunity is there.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 11:09:52 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Celtics fans need to get used to the fact that Tatum and Brown are both being sent to New Orleans.   The Celtics aren't going to let this slip through their hands.  You have to do what it takes to put two players the level of Davis and Kyrie together when the opportunity is there.

I think it will be Tatum, Smart and Yabu, plus picks for Davis. Works in trade machine and It's what New Orleans said they wanted. A young player with super star potential  and a good role player and picks. It's a fair trade.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 11:18:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think it will be Tatum, Smart and Yabu, plus picks for Davis. Works in trade machine and It's what New Orleans said they wanted. A young player with super star potential  and a good role player and picks. It's a fair trade.

I won't be surprised if New Orleans pushes for more knowing the Celtics may have pinned themselves in a bit of a corner.  Keeping Smart still leaves the C's with a really good piece.

If we start next season with no Kyrie and no other star, and just the kids, the last few years of building towards this moment will have been a failure.  It'd be great to keep one of Tatum/Brown, but if it cost both you have to do it.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 11:19:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Dumbest thing I have ever read and I am 36

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 11:57:59 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
shouldn't this read that because of its post season failures, all the more reason to trade for AD... :o

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 11:59:06 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Somebody may do this. Someone else may do that.

I heard that Kyrie changed ketchup brands and that this change may indicate that he's switching teams as well.

Someone PM me when some actual thing actually happens.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 12:52:20 AM »

Offline OnPoint

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 128
Unless Philly entertains throwing Ben Simmons into a deal, no other team has a more quality offer than the Celtics.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 01:18:02 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Unless Philly entertains throwing Ben Simmons into a deal, no other team has a more quality offer than the Celtics.

I guess it depends on the results of the lottery, though.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 05:37:15 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Our failure increases these chances IMO:
- bigger sense of urgency by our management
- AD would rather be here when seen as a messiah than a Durant like filler on a title/finals team
- Now Griffin is there, someone sane that can be reason with in trade talks, and we still have the combo of quality & quantity of assets.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."