Author Topic: Oh Oh Kevin Durant injury....  (Read 4945 times)

Re: Oh Oh Kevin Durant injury....
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 08:41:33 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Would be really funny to see the Warriors win the title without KD

They won't have a chance... Zip nada... They ain't even getting pass the Rockets I tell ya... KD is a legit superstar and Steph is a fringe superstar.. They'll need both.

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 08:46:27 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Would be really funny to see the Warriors win the title without KD

They won't have a chance... Zip nada... They ain't even getting pass the Rockets I tell ya... KD is a legit superstar and Steph is a fringe superstar.. They'll need both.

Terrible hot take Curry is a 2 two time MVP, the greatest shooter of all time, and he already has a title without KD. The guy is a superstar.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I don't really think this makes the Warriors any worse.  Yes Durant has been dominant, but Steph and especially Klay both took a backseat all year to accommodate Durant.  There's really no universe where anyone says, "Oh no!  Now Klay Thompson and Steph Curry will have to take more shots!" 

Imagine having a player go down with an injury and not having it derail your entire season... <sigh>     

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2019, 09:08:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
KD was the player who let them survive the slow postseason starts from a banged up Klay/Steph.

Klay was really good last night even before KD was hurt. That allowed them to win that fourth quarter. Draymond was such a monster throughout the whole game too.

Just glad it seems to not be an Achilles, hoping to hear the MRI confirms that good news.

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 10:25:50 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I missed the play live last night, but heard Reggie talking about a possible achilles injury. My first reaction was it is really bad timing for his free agency, but it could be a blessing in disguise to help the Celtics re-sign Kyrie. After all, aren't the Knicks tied to Durant and Irving. 

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 03:39:41 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
per woj

Warriors will have to find a way to beat Houston in Western Conference semifinals, but Kevin Durant could be back for the Western Finals.

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 11:02:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
per woj

Warriors will have to find a way to beat Houston in Western Conference semifinals, but Kevin Durant could be back for the Western Finals.

Yep, Durant out for the next 2 games. Although the article below mentions he could possibly miss part of the Conference Finals.

Bad timing for the Warriors. Things could get really interesting if the Warriors get bounced by the Rockets. Does Durant still leave Golden State? Could possibly change the complexion of the entire offseason. I feel Durant's decision this summer will be the first shoe to drop and a domino effect will follow.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-injury-update-orthopedic-surgeon-says-warriors-star-likely-out-deep-into-conference-finals/

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
per woj

Yep, Durant out for the next 2 games. Although the article below mentions he could possibly miss part of the Conference Finals.

Bad timing for the Warriors. Things could get really interesting if the Warriors get bounced by the Rockets. Does Durant still leave Golden State? Could possibly change the complexion of the entire offseason. I feel Durant's decision this summer will be the first shoe to drop and a domino effect will follow.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-injury-update-orthopedic-surgeon-says-warriors-star-likely-out-deep-into-conference-finals/

I did predict the Rockets to win the series, but did not expect Durant to get injured in the middle of the series. What a turn of events for Golden State. Their hopes of a 3peat is now at stake.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2019, 09:11:38 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I hope Durant misses the next series and the Warriors sweep, but then Durant comes back for the Finals and the Warriors lose to the Bucks.  I think that would be absolutely awesome.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2019, 10:39:07 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I hope Durant misses the next series and the Warriors sweep, but then Durant comes back for the Finals and the Warriors lose to the Bucks.  I think that would be absolutely awesome.

I'd love to see the warriors win the next two series without Durant playing the type of basketball they played last night.

That's the warriors team I love.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain