Author Topic: The Jeff Green thread  (Read 127433 times)

Re: Jeff Green - top 5 SF in 2 years
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 11:53:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
He's already been a 15-point scorer his whole career..... At the least he's a top10 SF already.

You're impressed by his ability to score 15 points per game in 37 minutes? Do you know how many players in this league, particularly at the wing spots, score at that rate?

He could score at that rate 5 years ago, get with the program. 7 years later, he can easily achieve AllStar status plus 5apg, plus be a force. Without Paul.
Me thinks your love of Jeff Green and faith in him is clouding you ability to see things for what they are. Green is playing at the same exact level he has for years and has never been anywhere near All-Star status or top 5 SF in the league.

Chances of a player having a massive surge in performance and statistics, especially away from his per minute numbers are almost unheard in the NBA for a player with the amount of years experience as Green.

Its just not going to happen.

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 11:56:35 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
He's already been a 15-point scorer his whole career..... At the least he's a top10 SF already.

You're impressed by his ability to score 15 points per game in 37 minutes? Do you know how many players in this league, particularly at the wing spots, score at that rate?

He could score at that rate 5 years ago, get with the program. 7 years later, he can easily achieve AllStar status plus 5apg, plus be a force. Without Paul.

OK, I think I finally have this figured out.

Look Mrs. Green, let me just begin by saying that I think your son seems like a very nice boy. And, I have the utmost respect for what he went through last year.

So, out of respect to you and your son, I will just say that I wish him the very best now and in the future. Good night.

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 11:57:18 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Green is not putting up exactly the same stats as he did in OKC.  That is silly.  He will in time, but he is not right now.

2008:  16.5pts/ 6.7 rbs./ 2 ass/ 1 stl/ .6 blks (45%/79%)
2009:  15.1 pts./ 6 rbs./ 1.6 ass/ 1.3 stls/ .9 blk (45%/74%)
2010:  15.2 pts/ 5.6 rbs/ 1.8 ass/ .8 stls/ .4 blk (44%/82%)

I think he can score 20 per night as a starter and give us close to 7 rebounds, 2 assists, at least 1 steal, and 1 block.

Smitty77

I suppose open-heart surgery means players can play like they always have and that coming off the bench for the fourth best SF in the league means not very much?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 11:59:28 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
He would be just so good without Pierce on his team...

Two years will change everything.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 12:02:56 AM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
Green is hard to get an actual read on. Mainly because he has played out of position for most of his career. In OKC he played the 4 while Durant rightfully was the 3. When he was traded here he has shuffled between the 4 and 3 slots. I tend to think that if he were starting at the three we would see the "real" Jeff Green. I think the position changes and the fact he does not seem to come off the bench well hinders his development.

Now as to what the "real" Jeff Green is, I do not really know. I tend to think that Ainge and Doc know something about him that we do not. Otherwise what they paid him makes no sense at all. I wonder if we fail to win this year (Which is looking pretty likely) that Pierce will retire. Is contract is only partially guaranteed, he has nothing left to prove and can go out as a still productive player and a Celtic lifer. Green can slide right into the starting 3 slot playing the more uptempo style along with Bradley and Rondo.

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 12:04:52 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
there are a lot of things ive read in the celticsblog forums that made me scatch my head - but this is the MOST RIDICULOUS statement anyone has EVER made during my time on celticsblog.

LOL LOL LOL jeff green is that you?

I'm wondering if Jeff Green, mrpoundforpound and the OP aren't all the same person.

Never seen anyone else with such absurd statements as to Green's imagined greatness.

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Green is hard to get an actual read on. Mainly because he has played out of position for most of his career. In OKC he played the 4 while Durant rightfully was the 3. When he was traded here he has shuffled between the 4 and 3 slots. I tend to think that if he were starting at the three we would see the "real" Jeff Green. I think the position changes and the fact he does not seem to come off the bench well hinders his development.

Now as to what the "real" Jeff Green is, I do not really know. I tend to think that Ainge and Doc know something about him that we do not. Otherwise what they paid him makes no sense at all. I wonder if we fail to win this year (Which is looking pretty likely) that Pierce will retire. Is contract is only partially guaranteed, he has nothing left to prove and can go out as a still productive player and a Celtic lifer. Green can slide right into the starting 3 slot playing the more uptempo style along with Bradley and Rondo.

You've got it right, in my opinion. Green is a very hard player to read... Position should be SF, but Durant and Pierce wont let him play much. He wouldn't get paid thirty six million for no reason, and Danny, Doc, me and you see this... Green is shy like me and needs to feel in the system, and get his shots/opportunities to succeed without so much pressure. He can be a great SF and I believe.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 12:07:08 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Nobody's seen the real Jeff Green since he was deemed appropriate for fifth overall pick. We won't see him till Pierce gets out of here either.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 12:16:02 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Nobody's seen the real Jeff Green since he was deemed appropriate for fifth overall pick. We won't see him till Pierce gets out of here either.

and andre drummond was appropriate for the 9th overall pick this year - is 19 years old, is playing as much time as jeff green and is giving detroit WAYYYY more than jeff green. the guy is a bust.

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 12:16:38 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'm not really buying the got that money for a reason theory. That assumes that there were never bad signings.

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 12:18:03 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

and andre drummond was appropriate for the 9th overall pick this year - is 19 years old, is playing as much time as jeff green and is giving detroit WAYYYY more than jeff green. the guy is a bust.

Boston is not a lottery team, for one.
And, Drummond can play his preferable position.
The sixth pick this  year was Lillard, not Yi Jianlian.

Jeff Green cant be himself until Pierce gets out.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 12:29:50 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47

Boston is not a lottery team, for one.
And, Drummond can play his preferable position.
The sixth pick this  year was Lillard, not Yi Jianlian.

Jeff Green cant be himself until Pierce gets out.

that makes no sense whatsoever. so he was deemed good enough for 5th overall pick. ok, andre drummond was deemed good enough for 9th overall pick... which is 4 picks lower, so by your logic should be worse than jeff green. they are both getting the same amound of minutes at their preferable positions - jeff at sf, drummond at center. and even if i was to bring up lillard - the guy is also playing better than jeff... lebron isnt playing his preferable position, neither is KG, neither is carmelo, neither is... someone help me out with some names.... lamarcus aldridge, demarcus cousins, derrick favors, etc. it MEANS NOTHING

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 12:48:11 AM »

Offline DeeMeds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'm not even reading the original post. I'm just going to make a list of SF's off the top of me head that will  be better than jeff Green in two years. (in no particular order)

- Lebron
- Durant
- Melo
- George
- Gay
- Kidd-Gilchrst
- Deng
- Batum
- Leonard
- Gallinari
- Wilson Chandler
- Iguodala
- Barnes
- Joe Johnson/ Gerald Wallace
- Parsons
- Andrew Wiggins
- Jabari Parker
- Shabazz Muhammed
-

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 12:48:45 AM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
He would be just so good without Pierce on his team...

Two years will change everything.

Who is this really? Jeff? PP? Danny?

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 12:52:29 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
I am somewhat comfortable in saying that Jeff Green will be one of the top 5 SF in the Atlantic Division in 2 years.