Author Topic: Lowest finals viewership ever  (Read 8019 times)

Re: Lowest finals viewership ever
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2020, 10:02:12 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
It was going to be a snoozefest once Dragic and Bam got injured. LeBum's easiest chip.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2020, 11:32:31 AM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Live sports ratings are down across the board; and the 2 driving factors are non-basketball related. For all sports/shows there’s a core audience and casual audience. The casual audience drives the peaks in ratings.

One of my uncles is a casual MLB fan, who hasn’t watched a second of MLB because of the lack of fans in the stands, which completely changes the viewing experience for the casual observer. He’s an example of one segment of viewers turned off by this.

The other factor is the closing/partial reopening of the bars, clubs, in-restaurant dining, and other places where casual audiences are only watching because it’s preferred viewing in those places.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2020, 11:44:50 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Live sports ratings are down across the board; and the 2 driving factors are non-basketball related. For all sports/shows there’s a core audience and casual audience. The casual audience drives the peaks in ratings.

One of my uncles is a casual MLB fan, who hasn’t watched a second of MLB because of the lack of fans in the stands, which completely changes the viewing experience for the casual observer. He’s an example of one segment of viewers turned off by this.

The other factor is the closing/partial reopening of the bars, clubs, in-restaurant dining, and other places where casual audiences are only watching because it’s preferred viewing in those places.
Both good points.  There's also a lot of sports overlapping and its been summertime when viewership is lower. 

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2020, 12:53:00 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

The second point although is true I am pretty sure its effect is not reflected in the viewership

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Think the BLM all over the court, players jerseys and kneeling at the anthem has a lot to do with it..I have slot of friends who say they never watch sports again when the kneel
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2020, 07:18:21 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
The crooked officiating makes the game unwatchable.  I only watch Celtics games, and I really don’t enjoy them so much.  Sad.

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2020, 07:38:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It was going to be a snoozefest once Dragic and Bam got injured. LeBum's easiest chip.

Lebron could sit out the Finals completely and they would still sweep Miami.

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2020, 09:01:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
My enthusiasm for sport is at an all time low. I've been unable to get back into professional sport of any kind since they restarted. To state the bleeding obvious it's just not the same. Plastic fruit.
Crows fan?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2020, 11:18:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Think the BLM all over the court, players jerseys and kneeling at the anthem has a lot to do with it..I have slot of friends who say they never watch sports again when the kneel

You probably need a new group of friends.

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2020, 05:03:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

LOL.

People who genuinely get in their feelings and spew the whole "shut up and dribble" nonsense are funny
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2020, 06:07:08 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

So everyone needs friends whose values align with yours?

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2020, 07:34:10 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

So everyone needs friends whose values align with yours?

Wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2020, 07:43:30 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Jaylen Brown marched with PEACEFUL BLM protesters....ALL of our players have Social Justice labels across their backs.

So did you watch our Celtics this post-season? How about your friends?

You know those labels aren't going ANYWHERE.....and our YOUNG and PROMISING Celtics will be competitive for the next few years as well - with MANY DEEP post-season runs.

Would hate to lose you as a fan, my friend.

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2020, 07:46:20 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
The finals are considered a foregone conclusion so not surprising.

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2020, 10:36:57 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
My enthusiasm for sport is at an all time low. I've been unable to get back into professional sport of any kind since they restarted. To state the bleeding obvious it's just not the same. Plastic fruit.
Crows fan?

That's a low blow mate! ;D Hahaha in seriousness that has nothing to do with it at all. I love Aussie Rules but I haven't been to an AFL match in more than 15 years. It's an over-governed, poorly run league and I have very little interest in it. I go to local SANFL/amateur league games on a weekly basis though. When I tell people I love footy but don't really care about the AFL most can't understand it at all. I get that.

We are very fortunate here in that our local football leagues were able to restart in June, had a few weeks of a 1000 people attendance limit but since then have largely returned to normal - with the obvious distancing changes etc.

Being in a relatively sparsely populated city has, for once, had some advantages this year. I certainly don't take it for granted, that's for sure.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER