Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 339497 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(Davis trade request page 33)
« Reply #2175 on: April 19, 2019, 06:52:46 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
If Danny Ainge could find a way to land AD in a package involving Tatum, WITHOUT giving up 1 of Smart/Brown, I'd be ecstatic. Problem is, I don't really see a viable scenario to make that happen unless if Rozier and the Pelicans mutuIfally agreed to a S&T option

It's really not hard at all.  Even if you don't include the salary of draft picks, Tatum + Smart + Yabu + Williams gets you there.

But, including draft picks is the easy way.  120% of rookie scale for the 14th, 20th, and 22nd picks adds up to very slightly more than $8.4 million.  You can then trade them for 125% + $100k, so they can bring back roughly $10.6 million in salary in a trade.  They can be traded 30 days after the picks sign a contract.

If Tatum, Williams, Yabusele + Picks (~10M, as you outline) gets it done, I'm fine with it. I'm fine giving up the Grizzlies Pick too. Just not Smart/Brown in addition to those main pieces (Tatum, Williams, Kings + Grizzlies Pick).

But keep in mind if AD doesn't waive his trade kicker, you need about 24M to match, not 21.6M.
With 8.4 front the draft picks, 1.94 rom Williams, 3.12 from Yabu and 7.83 from Tatum you are at 21.4, just a couple hundred thousand shy of the 21.6 you need. You pretty much have to include the draft puck salary regardless since they can't technically make the trade till kyrie opts out, which is after the draft.

The question isn't can we make the money work, its is a package without either Brown or Smart enough.

« Reply #2176 on: April 19, 2019, 07:00:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Danny Ainge could find a way to land AD in a package involving Tatum, WITHOUT giving up 1 of Smart/Brown, I'd be ecstatic. Problem is, I don't really see a viable scenario to make that happen unless if Rozier and the Pelicans mutuIfally agreed to a S&T option

It's really not hard at all.  Even if you don't include the salary of draft picks, Tatum + Smart + Yabu + Williams gets you there.

But, including draft picks is the easy way.  120% of rookie scale for the 14th, 20th, and 22nd picks adds up to very slightly more than $8.4 million.  You can then trade them for 125% + $100k, so they can bring back roughly $10.6 million in salary in a trade.  They can be traded 30 days after the picks sign a contract.

If Tatum, Williams, Yabusele + Picks (~10M, as you outline) gets it done, I'm fine with it. I'm fine giving up the Grizzlies Pick too. Just not Smart/Brown in addition to those main pieces (Tatum, Williams, Kings + Grizzlies Pick).

But keep in mind if AD doesn't waive his trade kicker, you need about 24M to match, not 21.6M.

Tatum + Smart + Williams + Yabu + 3 picks

for

Davis + Moore

Horford / Baynes / Theis?
Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

I’m good with that.  We’d have the T-MLE, vet minimums, and perhaps a trade exception.  Plus we’d keep the Memphis pick.
Am I missing something? I thought Phantom wanted a way to get Davis without giving up Smart and Brown but I am only seeing Smart being included to get Moore back. To get to the $21.6 million to make the trade work

Tatum $7.8
The picks $8.4
Yabu $3.1
Williams $1.9
Semi $1.6

Seems like the only way to do it without including Smart, Brown or a S&T Rozier. And that's if Davis waives his trade kicker. You would need even more if he doesn't but then maybe you don't want to do the trade then.

« Reply #2177 on: April 19, 2019, 07:11:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

for

Davis + Moore

Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

I’m good with that.  We’d have the T-MLE, vet minimums, and perhaps a trade exception.  Plus we’d keep the Memphis pick.
Am I missing something? I thought Phantom wanted a way to get Davis without giving up Smart and Brown but I am only seeing Smart being included to get Moore back. To get to the $21.6 million to make the trade work

Tatum $7.8
The picks $8.4
Yabu $3.1
Williams $1.9
Semi $1.6

Seems like the only way to do it without including Smart, Brown or a S&T Rozier. And that's if Davis waives his trade kicker. You would need even more if he doesn't but then maybe you don't want to do the trade then.

Here’s what he said:

f Danny Ainge could find a way to land AD in a package involving Tatum, WITHOUT giving up 1 of Smart/Brown, I'd be ecstatic

I interpreted “without giving up 1 of Smart/Brown” as meaning he’d only include one, not both. He might have meant “without giving up Smart or Brown”.

Regardless, I suspect NOP will insist upon Brown or Smart.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2178 on: April 19, 2019, 07:37:59 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Remember people.

Kawhi freaking leonard was traded for demar derozen, jakob poeltl and a late first round pick.

People are proposing 2 number 3 picks, a late first in williams, and 3 other first rounders and possibly four

Davis will not command that large of a deal

No one in the history of the nba has ever been traded for large a package.

« Reply #2179 on: April 19, 2019, 07:40:38 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

for

Davis + Moore

Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

Tatum $7.8
The picks $8.4
Yabu $3.1
Williams $1.9
Semi $1.6

Here’s what he said:

f Danny Ainge could find a way to land AD in a package involving Tatum, WITHOUT giving up 1 of Smart/Brown, I'd be ecstatic

I interpreted “without giving up 1 of Smart/Brown” as meaning he’d only include one, not both. He might have meant “without giving up Smart or Brown”.

Then they can pound sand, they can keep davis and have him leave for nothing at the end of another losing seadon cause no team can beat what the celtics can offer

No one.

After watching tatum up his game so much this playoffs again...im not sure i trade him in a davis deal.

Hayward and brown and 3 picks for davis, hill and moore. No team can beat that. None.

« Reply #2180 on: April 19, 2019, 07:46:54 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Thank I nailed it.

PG: Kyrie/Wanamaker/Dozier
SG: Smart/ Brown/ RJ hunter
SF: Durant/ Morris/Semi
PF: Al Horford/Theis /Bos 2nd (j.porter)
C: Davis/Baynes/Robert Willams 3/ 

3-Team trade
GS,bos,no

Sign and trade Rozier (3yr/57m)?, Tatum, Hayward, Sac 19’ 1st rounder, MEM 20’ 1st rounder Bos 21’ 1st rounder FOR Anthony Davis

Boston sends
Lac 19’ 1st rounder, Bos 19’ 1st rounder, Yabusele FOR Kevin Durant

Pels send J Holiday to Golden State
Pels send A Davis to Boston

GS sign + trade KD to Celtics
Bos sends Hayward to Pels

Boston Out
Yabusele
19’ sac pick
19’ clippers pick
19’ Bos pick
20’ mem pick
21’ Bos pick
——————————————-
Boston in
Kevin Durant
Anthony Davis
——————————————-

Golden state out
Kevin Durant
Lac 19’
Bos 19’

Pelicans out -
Jrue Holiday
Anthony Davis
——————————————

Pelicans in -
Gordon Hayward
Terry Rozier
Jayson Tatum
Sac pick 19’
Mem pick 20’
Bos pick 21’
———————————————

« Reply #2181 on: April 19, 2019, 08:01:51 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

for

Davis + Moore

Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

Tatum $7.8
The picks $8.4
Yabu $3.1
Williams $1.9
Semi $1.6

Here’s what he said:

Then they can pound sand, they can keep davis and have him leave for nothing at the end of another losing seadon cause no team can beat what the celtics can offer

No one.

After watching tatum up his game so much this playoffs again...im not sure i trade him in a davis deal.

Hayward and brown and 3 picks for davis, hill and moore. No team can beat that. None.
Depending on who gets #1 that deal is beatable.  If a team is willing to offer up a star in return that deal is beatable.  Assuming the 3 picks are the Kings, CLips and Celts, they aren't that valuable unless the Kings pick jumps into the top 4.  Hayward at 30M per year is a negative value asset.  Brown is a solid asset but no one is going to value him as a star. 

« Reply #2182 on: April 19, 2019, 09:30:35 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

for

Davis + Moore

Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

Tatum $7.8
The picks $8.4
Yabu $3.1
Williams $1.9
Semi $1.6

Here’s what he said:

Yeah I meant without any of Smart and Brown lol. Probably should have been clearer there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2183 on: April 20, 2019, 06:32:55 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

for

Davis + Moore

Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

Tatum $7.8
The picks $8.4
Yabu $3.1
Williams $1.9
Semi $1.6

Here’s what he said:

No one.

Depending on who gets #1 that deal is beatable.  If a team is willing to offer up a star in return that deal is beatable.  Assuming the 3 picks are the Kings, CLips and Celts, they aren't that valuable unless the Kings pick jumps into the top 4.  Hayward at 30M per year is a negative value asset.  Brown is a solid asset but no one is going to value him as a star.

Zion is not more valuable than a combined combined multiple key players on a ecf team, youth, great character, and multiple picks.

« Reply #2184 on: April 20, 2019, 09:12:19 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

for

Davis + Moore

Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

Tatum $7.8
The picks $8.4
Yabu $3.1
Williams $1.9
Semi $1.6

Here’s what he said:

No one.

Zion is not more valuable than a combined combined multiple key players on a ecf team, youth, great character, and multiple picks.
I didn't say the #1 pick alone but considering what your offer is I might rather have Zion alone unless the Kings pick jumps to #2 or 3. 

Picks #14, #20, #22 isn't that much value (very little chance for a star, may not even get a starter).  Brown isn't anywhere close to the value of Zion.  Hayward is NEGATIVE value (2yrs 60M+) considering his current level of performance.  If Hayward returns to his pre-injury performance next season, he'd probably opt out of the final year of his contract and leave NOP.  Hill is negative value but he's on an expiring.  Moore has some value and is on an expiring.   

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 09:18:45 AM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #2185 on: April 20, 2019, 10:14:59 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

for

Davis + Moore

Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

Tatum $7.8
The picks $8.4
Yabu $3.1
Williams $1.9
Semi $1.6

Here’s what he said:

No one.

Zion is absolutely more valuable than basically anything Boston can offer outside of the Kings pick getting 2, 3, or 4, Tatum, Brown, Williams, and Smart.  And frankly New Orleans still might prefer Zion for the 4 years they have him (and likely 8) and all of the marketing, fan interest, etc. he brings.  You can't underestimate what a marketable rookie like Zion is worth to a team, especially a team like the Pelicans.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2186 on: April 20, 2019, 10:44:07 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

for

Davis + Moore

Davis / Morris? / Semi
Hayward
Brown / Moore
Irving / Wanamaker

Tatum $7.8
The picks $8.4
Yabu $3.1
Williams $1.9
Semi $1.6

Here’s what he said:

No one.

Zion is absolutely more valuable than basically anything Boston can offer outside of the Kings pick getting 2, 3, or 4, Tatum, Brown, Williams, and Smart.  And frankly New Orleans still might prefer Zion for the 4 years they have him (and likely 8) and all of the marketing, fan interest, etc. he brings.  You can't underestimate what a marketable rookie like Zion is worth to a team, especially a team like the Pelicans.
Exactly and NOP would likely be able to get more than the #1 pick for AD.  NOP does need the right team to get the #1 pick.  The Knicks would be ideal for them assuming the KD talk is accurate.

« Reply #2187 on: April 20, 2019, 10:59:13 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Really we only need to worry about the Knicks getting the first picks. All of the other basement teams would probably just want to keep Zion instead.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #2188 on: April 20, 2019, 11:08:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don’t think there should be too much angst about losing Smart in a deal. He’s a good player, but we’re not missing him right now.  Jaylen can replicate his defense while adding more scoring.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2189 on: April 20, 2019, 11:27:34 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Really we only need to worry about the Knicks getting the first picks. All of the other basement teams would probably just want to keep Zion instead.
Besides the Knicks, I think we need to be worried about the Wizards, Mavs, TWolves, Lakers, Heat and Sixers getting the #1 pick.  Maybe Chicago since that's AD's hometown. 

Also NOP getting the #1 pick could be problematic.  Instead of trading AD, they might trade it for a 3rd star to get AD to stay or maybe just getting Zion would entice AD to stay.