Author Topic: Jaylen Brown is untouchable from my standpoint...  (Read 5663 times)

Jaylen Brown is untouchable from my standpoint...
« on: March 08, 2021, 12:48:31 PM »

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think Jaylen Brown is now officially an untouchable. Watching the 1st half of this season, the All Star game, his influence publicly and what the means for a franchise and more so a cause (equality), his maturity and leadership, his two way capability plus his contract (bargain)...

He is officially untouchable.

Re: Jaylen Brown is untouchable from my standpoint...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think Jaylen Brown is now officially an untouchable. Watching the 1st half of this season, the All Star game, his influence publicly and what the means for a franchise and more so a cause (equality), his maturity and leadership, his two way capability plus his contract (bargain)...

yes and no

Depends who becomes available

I'm also slightly worried about his knees

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 01:01:26 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
You mean he hasn't peaked yet?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 01:21:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd say there is only 5 players I'd trade for Brown.
Luka, Morant, Giannis, Jokic, Tatum

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 01:22:04 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
You mean he hasn't peaked yet?

He’s going to be one of those Jimmy Butler types that just keeps getting better. First step was to tame the athleticism, second step develop the ball skills, third set is to add some savviness.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 01:26:41 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
What about KAT. If he asks out of Minnesota, would you move Jaylen for a 25 year old, legit All-Star center? I’m on the fence.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 01:47:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He is as untouchable as any player could be without being a MVP type player. 

Which is to say, obviously you would trade him for one of the MVP candidates, but that's not an opportunity you're going to have.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 01:48:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What about KAT. If he asks out of Minnesota, would you move Jaylen for a 25 year old, legit All-Star center? I’m on the fence.

Honestly I'm not sure I would.  Can KAT defend?  Does KAT actually help you win more than, say, Nikola Vucevic or Domantas Sabonis?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 01:52:40 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
If giannis were available I might consider moving brown.

But I like brown, I like guys who improve every season and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 02:05:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Honestly I'm not sure I would.  Can KAT defend?  Does KAT actually help you win more than, say, Nikola Vucevic or Domantas Sabonis?

Even if he is an average defender, KAT is still giving you 22pts, 11reb, 4ast, 1.7blks on average. For his career, he’s  53% from the field, 39.5% from 3pt and 83% from the FT line. Would have to think long and hard on that one..
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 02:30:44 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
He's untouchable from the perspective that teams don't generally make lateral trades (equal value, no real reason) unless there is some other chemistry issue.

If he gets into a conflict with Tatum and they can't be together (like Shaq/Kobe), he can be moved.

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 03:11:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

But I like brown, I like guys who improve every season and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

I would trade Brown for Giannis, Doncic, Jokic or Zion. Maybe Beal. But thats about it

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 03:34:50 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

I would trade Brown for Giannis, Doncic, Jokic or Zion. Maybe Beal. But thats about it
I was listening to NBA radio a few weeks ago, and the discussion was that the Pelicans now considered Ingram an untouchable, but not Zion. Said that Zion's dedication to his diet and staying in shape was essentially zero.

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2021, 03:51:07 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

You’d take Zion, but not KAT? I like Zion, but his shooting and conditioning are a concern. He puts a ton of pressure on his knees/joints, feel like he’s a ticking time bomb.

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2021, 04:15:28 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

I'm with you. Dude's got the eye of the tiger.

Mike