Author Topic: Jaylen Brown is untouchable from my standpoint...  (Read 5733 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown is untouchable from my standpoint...
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2021, 03:27:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He is as untouchable as any player could be without being a MVP type player. 

Which is to say, obviously you would trade him for one of the MVP candidates, but that's not an opportunity you're going to have.
Except Boston did in fact have that opportunity like 2 months ago.

Harden the past couple of years and going forward is not an MVP candidate.

Is this a joke?

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2021, 03:54:42 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
He is as untouchable as any player could be without being a MVP type player. 

Which is to say, obviously you would trade him for one of the MVP candidates, but that's not an opportunity you're going to have.
Except Boston did in fact have that opportunity like 2 months ago.

Harden the past couple of years and going forward is not an MVP candidate.

Is this a joke?

It must be because clearly Harden is the MVP. Without that move, the Nets would not be on a 9-1 streak with only one game out of first place...

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2021, 03:56:47 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Borderline all-star whose stock will never be higher and who will never be a superstar. Now is the time to trade him for a shot at a transcendental player, a superstar, the type of player who wins titles: Move him for the first overall pick and welcome Cade Cunningham to the Boston Celtics.
IF Cade is in the Doncic category type of prospect maybe this makes sense. I dont have the knowledge to have an opinion on this.

but...   We can replace Brown with Beal once we open cap space in 2022.

I like the way you think. Very intriguing idea: Move Brown for Cunningham now and tell Tatum not to sweat a single growing pains season because his buddy Beal is ours come free agency 2022. Tatum, Cunningham, and Beal is definitely good and young enough to get us a dynasty, especially if all of our youth develop into solid depth...

I like Brown, but it’s excruciatingly difficult to build a superstar Big 3 nowadays unless one of your Big 3 was on a rookie contract when you started the Big 3...

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2021, 03:59:05 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Borderline all-star whose stock will never be higher and who will never be a superstar. Now is the time to trade him for a shot at a transcendental player, a superstar, the type of player who wins titles: Move him for the first overall pick and welcome Cade Cunningham to the Boston Celtics.
IF Cade is in the Doncic category type of prospect maybe this makes sense. I dont have the knowledge to have an opinion on this.

Very intriguing idea: Move Brown for Cunningham now and tell Tatum not to sweat a single growing pains year because his buddy Beal is ours come free agency 2022. Tatum, Cunningham, Beal is definitely good and young enough to get us a dynasty...
As I said I have no idea if it’s worth it. No one knows if Cade is a superstar in the making. He could end up being a tyreke Evans type

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2021, 04:20:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Very intriguing idea: Move Brown for Cunningham now and tell Tatum not to sweat a single growing pains year because his buddy Beal is ours come free agency 2022. Tatum, Cunningham, Beal is definitely good and young enough to get us a dynasty...
As I said I have no idea if it’s worth it. No one knows if Cade is a superstar in the making. He could end up being a tyreke Evans type
On point.

For all the discussion of Cunningham's passing skills and court vision, in almost 35 MPG, he had 3 or less assists in 13 of 24 games and averaged only 3.4 a game.

Some say he is the next Luka but heck, Luka was putting up 5 assists a game in 24 MPG in Europe.

He has the potential to be that Luka type guy. He also has the potential to be a Ben Simmons type guy. I wouldn't trade Brown for the real life Simmons, nevermind a guy that might be like him in a few years.

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2021, 04:20:14 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

I have not been this excited about a prospect since Doncic and, before that, LeBron James. Look at what Cade has done for Likekele. He’s that magic player like Doncic, LeBron and Magic who works his magic and makes those around him much better than they would otherwise be. He’s very special.

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2021, 04:35:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Also, if Cade Cunningham is supposed to be as good as he is, what GM is going to trade that #1 pick away and not take him?

Sure, it's great and easy to say Danny has to trade Brown or Tatum to get Cunningham and be angry if it doesn't happen, but if any of us, non-basketball professionals can see Cade's greatness, don't you think a real life NBA GM could see it too and know enough to not trade away the opportunity to add a "transcendent" talent?

In 2003 if someone went to the Cleveland GM and said, I'll trade you one of these All-Stars; Stephon Marbury or Chris Webber or Peja Stojakovic or Shawn Marion and 4 low first round picks, do you think that GM would have made the trade? This is the same thing.

Danny would be sacrificing years of title contention to make the Brown for #1 pick swap but the GM of that pick would get fired about 2 seconds after making that trade with Boston.

In other words, I don't see either team making that trade, so there is zero chance of it happening.

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2021, 06:56:40 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
whoops, wrong thread.

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2021, 07:35:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Thank goodness you’re not our GM. Trade an All-Star for a draft pick, initiate a rebuild, and drive Tatum out of town because we’re wasting his time
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)