Author Topic: Kemba’s got to go...  (Read 46889 times)

Re: Kemba’s got to go...
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2021, 07:21:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Serious question.... who makes the Celtics better over the next two years, Kemba Walker or Al Horford and George Hill?  Kemba and Horford have two more years on their deals after this one, George Hill is a FA after next season. Money is basically a wash in terms of dollar amount.  If they traded Kemba(plus picks) for those two they would still have the TPE(insert Barnes or Thad Young). Could totally transform the roster and would have depth at every position.
Are you serious?
It may sound surprising but people do have different opinions than you. Chances are gold star was serious. Also Horford is having a resurgent season and is clearly the second best player on the OKC team.

Take it easy guys

Enjoy the superbowl  ;D

« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2021, 07:25:22 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Serious question.... who makes the Celtics better over the next two years, Kemba Walker or Al Horford and George Hill?  Kemba and Horford have two more years on their deals after this one, George Hill is a FA after next season. Money is basically a wash in terms of dollar amount.  If they traded Kemba(plus picks) for those two they would still have the TPE(insert Barnes or Thad Young). Could totally transform the roster and would have depth at every position.

Kemba. Literally last game he hit a clutch shot that helped us win the game. He's stinking up the joint right now but he still has the clutch gene we need for late in the season. Horford's just a nice player.

I don’t recall Kemba hitting many clutch shots Since he’s been on the C’s, maybe a handful.. You’d rather have Kemba taking big shots over Jaylen and Jayson? I certainly wouldn’t.

According to nba.com he had the 2nd most clutch points for the Cs last year. Langford being there is probably an outlier given he only had 3 games recorded where he played clutch minutes.

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2021, 10:43:54 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

Kemba. Literally last game he hit a clutch shot that helped us win the game. He's stinking up the joint right now but he still has the clutch gene we need for late in the season. Horford's just a nice player.

I don’t recall Kemba hitting many clutch shots Since he’s been on the C’s, maybe a handful.. You’d rather have Kemba taking big shots over Jaylen and Jayson? I certainly wouldn’t.

According to nba.com he had the 2nd most clutch points for the Cs last year. Langford being there is probably an outlier given he only had 3 games recorded where he played clutch minutes.

Does last year really matter at this point?  Jaylen is clearly the second option behind Tatum now and Kemba is 3rd. Is it safe to say that Walker won’t be getting many game winning shot attempts while Jaylen and Jason are on the team?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2021, 10:46:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Does last year really matter at this point?  Jaylen is clearly the second option behind Tatum now and Kemba is 3rd. Is it safe to say that Walker won’t be getting many game winning shot attempts while Jaylen and Jason are on the team?
No. How many times do we need to see 3rd, 4th and 5th options get game-winning looks?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2021, 11:01:09 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

No. How many times do we need to see 3rd, 4th and 5th options get game-winning looks?

Hopefully not many. It won’t end well.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2021, 02:26:05 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
He is in a funk, but it’s more than just a bad stretch. We need to move on, move him for a quality big guy and or cap space.
If we can convert him into vucevic or collins and use the TE for filling out the roster with a couple solid players we could contend this year and not waste this first prime superstar level of both brown and tatum.

Kemba has to be effective 20+ scorer in order to make up for his defensive limitations and that is not happening
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2021, 08:08:08 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I've tried to stay optimistic in regards to Kemba but I am starting to fear that he is having the small guard drop off that was so talked about with IT. DA may be forced to move him at the deadline out of fear that Kemba (given the size of his contract) becomes a negative asset.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2021, 08:40:09 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I've tried to stay optimistic in regards to Kemba but I am starting to fear that he is having the small guard drop off that was so talked about with IT. DA may be forced to move him at the deadline out of fear that Kemba (given the size of his contract) becomes a negative asset.

I still hope he comes around, but I’m afraid the contract is already a negative asset. Nobody is going to want to pay $30 million a year for what he’s capable of right now. That the contract has 2.5 years left makes it that much harder - he’s not on an expiring that a bad team might eat for a 2d round pick.

« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2021, 08:41:57 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I guess the big question is, is he in a slump because he's rusty, or is it still due to his knee?

I could be wrong, but he doesn't seem a quick as he used to be, and he certainly can't finish at the rim. I can't remember seeing anyone get blocked at the rim as much as he has.

I'm hoping it's rust, but seems to me, he's just not the same player he was before the injury.

That being said, I'm really not sure what he could possible bring back in a trade. Not sure why any team would want to absorb him contract, much less give you anyone worth while in trade.

Think he's here to stay, and we just have to hope he recovers enough to be of some help to the team.

« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Kemba has looked really average this year (which is terrible for his standards). If we were paying him Marcus Smart money or TT money, we probably wouldn’t be bringing this up.

As it stands, if he’s not scorching hot from downtown? He generally brings little to the table. He’s not a negative out there but he’s not a big positive either (which is sad, considering his salary)

He plays hard on defense but he’s also undersized, so he’s about an average defender all things considered. His passing isn’t the crispest right now and it’s not like he’s ever had terrific vision. Neither his speed nor his finishing ability inside are causing defenses to shift too. All in all, just an average player.

- LilRip

« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2021, 11:38:11 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Trade Kemba for Love.

Both are net negatives right now and are lookin to revive their careers..

Cavs have a pletoria of bigs.

Im sure Love can be useful still bec of his size and his shooting ...Kemba has had about 8 games now and is still shooting like crap...If Love ave 15 in his come back I can take that unlike Kemba's 15 ppg but is a net negative on everything else.

kemba just has no value right now that trading hin is virtually next to impossible.

« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2021, 11:40:04 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Kemba has looked really average this year (which is terrible for his standards). If we were paying him Marcus Smart money or TT money, we probably wouldn’t be bringing this up.

As it stands, if he’s not scorching hot from downtown? He generally brings little to the table. He’s not a negative out there but he’s not a big positive either (which is sad, considering his salary)

He plays hard on defense but he’s also undersized, so he’s about an average defender all things considered. His passing isn’t the crispest right now and it’s not like he’s ever had terrific vision. Neither his speed nor his finishing ability inside are causing defenses to shift too. All in all, just an average player.

Yeah, setting aside the health thing, as a C fan, I'm disappointed in how narrow his skillset is even when he's playing well.

He has his scoring toolkit, and when that's going, its fairly impressive. But he's not like Chris Paul, bringing wisdom and executing all the small stuff at a high level. He gets lost off the ball. He doesn't box out. He's a surprisingly sloppy ball handler. He doesn't make reads or game management decisions any better than the younger players. He's a professional scorer, and a good guy, and that's about it.

Even if he gets it going again, I don't see an adaptive player there. He's just going to be less of what he was before.

« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2021, 12:16:10 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I feel that a lot of criticism directed at Kemba is based on his play while he's still acclimatising to NBA basketball this season - he was a very good passer last year who blended quick decision making and off-ball movement with his on-ball prowess.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2021, 12:23:02 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
I like Kemba a lot. But a player like him is very difficult to fit into a winning team as he ages.

For a number of reasons, it’s hard to conceive of a trade destination for him. Who really wants to acquire him right now? You can scratch the majority of NBA teams off the list right away for one reason or another. 

« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2021, 12:57:44 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Look slike lowry is on the block, it does make some sence for the raptors, i would love that trade
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger